View Full Version : Bunga pads

sue123
01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm just curious, for those of you who wear Bunga pads on your ankle, do you wear them above or under your tights or socks? I tend to wear them over my tights because if it's on my skin, it gets all sticky and sweaty nad nasty, but it tends to curl up as I'm putting my foot in the boot. Just curious if there;s a "proper" way to wear them.

teresa
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
I wear Bungas. I wear mine next to my skin and my tights over the top. I find my Bunga's melt into my ankle better when it's next to my skin. I think it's a combo of heat from my ankle and pressure from my skate . I wash them occasionally and dust with talc.

teresa

mikawendy
01-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I wear them over my tights. I found that when I wore them under my tights, they, um, had a bit of a whoopee cushion effect against my skin as they shifted against the bare skin. It felt kind of squelchy, so I decided to wear them over tights.

I do find they curl up as I put my boot on, so when I put my foot into the boot, I scooch it way forward so that the back part of the boot won't catch on the pads. Then I push my foot into my heel by banging my heel on the floor a few times, like I normally would even if I wasn't wearing pads.

My new boots are snug enough to wear without bungas, but as I'm breaking them in right now, I'm able to bend my ankles much more with the bungas giving the extra padding.

kateskate
01-12-2007, 04:08 AM
I wear them over my socks as I wear over the boot tights to skate usually with socks underneath. In order to stop them bunching up, I loosen the laces and pull the tongue as far forward as possible before putting my foot in my skate and then push it forward in the boot to adjust the back of the bunga pad, then put my heel back in place.

NickiT
01-12-2007, 06:11 AM
I couldn't skate without covering the screws in my ankle with a bunga pad. I put it against the skin, and then place a short piece of tubigrip (tubular bandage) over the pad. This holds it in place under my tights. They do get a bit sweaty but they are fully washable. On the odd occasion that I have to wear a bunga sleeve, I do put it on over my tights as I don't normally know I'm going to need it until I'm all dressed for skating.

Nicki

kateskate
01-12-2007, 07:02 AM
I should have clarified that I was referring to bunga sleeves. I don't use the circular gel pads at all

Morgail
01-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I always wear the Bunga sleeves, and wear them over my tights (or very thin socks if it's not cold enough in the rink for tights). I put my skates on like mikawendy described to keep the sleeves from curling up. I wore the circular gel pads a few times when I was breaking in my skates, and I always wore those under my tights/thin socks, against the skin, or else they slipped off the spot where they were supposed to be and traveled around in the boot.