View Full Version : A miracle happened today

sue123
01-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I got to skate 2 days in a row! This is something new for me. I haven't been able to skate as much as I wanted lately because of work, but I needed to skip yesterday because the kids were gettinjg on my nerves and I seriously would have punched one of them in the face if I went. So I went skating instead. And today, I didn't get called in, so I went skating again. And today was even better than yesterday. I was able to center some scratch and sit spins, and gain more speed and more revolutions. I was able to do cleaner, stronger jumps. I was skating faster. It was amazing. If only I could skate every day so I wouldnt lose the progress I made today.

Just curious though, does anyone else find the flip to be much easier than teh toe loop? I know a lot of people say that the toe loop is the second easiest jump, right after the waltz, but the flip is just much easier for me. Although I think part of it miight lie in the fact that my LFO 3 is easier for me to do than a RFI 3, so I have to think less going into the entry. Actually, all outside 3's are easier for me than the inside's, and I think for most people it's hte opposite. Maybe I'm just strange.

doubletoe
01-10-2007, 01:30 PM
A lot of people find it difficult to do a correct toeloop, because it's hard to check the rotation well enough to get a good pick without turning forward. Look at the thread about hating the toeloop, LOL! :lol:

Mrs Redboots
01-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Just curious though, does anyone else find the flip to be much easier than teh toe loop? .My husband does. He was saying just there this evening that he's finding it much easier to learn than the loop and than the toe-loop, although at the moment both those jumps are technically much better than his flip, which isn't totally there yet. He reckons that when it's stable - which it isn't, quite - it'll be his favourite jump. "But I must get more height, both on it and on my loop jump!"

Casey
01-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Can you go in the early mornings before work? That's what I do. I've been skating every day lately.

And yes, the flip is far easier than the toe loop for me too, though I think sometimes I'm doing a toe salchow...