View Full Version : US adult competitions open to British skaters?

Mrs Redboots
01-09-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm trying to compile a list of US adult skating competitions at which British competitors are welcomed - not, sadly, for us (at least, not this year) but for a friend of mine who wants to do at least three competitions abroad this year - she is thinking Tallinn, the Mountain Cup and a n other.....

At the moment, my list is:

Skate SF
Peach Classic

and there's the one in New York in January/February, but I can't remember its name... and I know there are others!

Please?

Mel On Ice
01-09-2007, 08:41 AM
I'd check with Mary Moss, but perhaps Deborah Burgoyne North American Inviational is open to Brits as well.

Buckeye Open is another to check out.

jenlyon60
01-09-2007, 08:43 AM
I think the sanction for the WFSC New Years Adult Invitational allows non-USA skaters but deadline for it is past.

Also the E.G. Pickens Pro-Am Dance Classic (I know we've had non-USA/Non-Canadian skaters in it, in the past). It's the 2nd weekend in June.

coskater64
01-09-2007, 09:37 AM
The New Year's Invitational in Suburban Washington DC probably does, and the Halloween Classic in Aston PA also allows any skater from any ISU federation to compete.

It is usually stated in the first page of the announcement if skaters from other than the US can compete. What you want to make sure of is that you know your level so you can compete against your peers.

Leslie:D