View Full Version : Back on the ice!

Tiggerwoos
01-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Well, after 11 years of not skating I've been going once every week or so for the last few weeks, but today I finally got my act together and got some confidence back and although I was a bit stiff I managed to do a few small upright spins (although seem to be rising on my toe pick a bit) and landed a couple of not very high, but still off the ice 3 jumps. Got my forward cross rolls back, backwards and forwards crossovers (still pretty jerky) and all in all was happy at the end of it.

Have been practising alot of off ice jumps and moves also which has helped. Will probably go tomorrow or Wed, and look in to sorting out a coach in the next week or so. Can't wait!:)

Wish I'd never stopped skating in the first place, but glad I've returned to the rink!

Helen88
01-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Good for you!! :bow:
Glad to know you're back on the ice and enjoying it. Good luck!

NickiT
01-08-2007, 04:06 PM
That's great news! I'm sure it'll come back to you really soon!

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
01-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Well done! I take it you're at Slough, from your location? Lots of great skaters there on a Monday evening - we have been known to go ourselves, but not lately.

Tiggerwoos
01-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone.

Have been skating mainly at Slough, although have gone to Bracknell also.

Trying to decide which works out better for shifts with ice times and travelling at the moment, so I can sort out a coach.