View Full Version : Video Question

Sk8Dreamer
01-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm considering getting a skating video to watch, in the hope that it might help me see things more clearly and/or in a new way. The two that caught my eye are "Physics On Ice: Advanced Stroking, Footwork, & Hydroblade Principles (Vol. 1)" and "Eye Skate Foundations." Is anyone familiar with either of these? Would you recommend either or both? Or is there yet another I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

renatele
01-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I love the "physics on ice" (have just the vol. 1). It might seem a little too advanced for you now, but I still think is worth getting - practically anyone and at any level (who can stroke) can find it very useful. I've been recommending it to my friends constantly.

Eye skate was worthless for me, but I was not a beginner when I got it. It deals (IIRC) with explanation on how the blade edges work, fundamentals of stroking and 3-turns? It's a long while since I've seen it. PM me if you'd like to take my copy off my hands ;)

das_mondlicht
01-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I have Dubova "STROKING EXERCISES ON ICE" vol 1 and 2 (tapes only). I watch them when I feel I need something to inspire me. The exercises on vol 1 are simply stroking, crossovers or progressives, 3-turns, chasse etc. It is simple but very elegant and full of strength and control. All I want is to stroke like that!

Luna

doubletoe
01-04-2007, 06:18 PM
I've watched "Physics on Ice" and found it interesting and useful as well.

Mrs Redboots
01-05-2007, 06:41 AM
I loved both Physics on Ice and the Dubova videos; the one I didn't like as much was the Magic of Style, although I did get a good off-ice workout from it.

dbny
01-05-2007, 09:37 AM
I loved both Physics on Ice and the Dubova videos; the one I didn't like as much was the Magic of Style, although I did get a good off-ice workout from it.

ITA. I also have all three. I would recommend "Physics on Ice" for starters.