View Full Version : Those blinking bladeguards

Mercedeslove
12-29-2006, 06:13 PM
So I asked Santa for them for Chrstmas, but Santa couldn't so I got them from my Nana. She gave me the money so I could buy them since she had no idea what I was talking about.

Here is a http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1633128309 video of them in action. Ignore me singing.

Leda
12-29-2006, 06:38 PM
ok those are really cool! :D

AW1
12-29-2006, 07:11 PM
ooh they are toooo cute!! I considered getting Lilly a pair for Christmas, but considering I have to cut down her blade guards so much, I figured it might be a waste of money :( Will wait till she's a bit bigger! But she'd love them!

Mercedeslove
12-29-2006, 08:04 PM
ooh they are toooo cute!! I considered getting Lilly a pair for Christmas, but considering I have to cut down her blade guards so much, I figured it might be a waste of money :( Will wait till she's a bit bigger! But she'd love them!

Yeah wait until she is older so she will have a longer use out of them. Her foot is still growing so you'll be buying guards for a while. I have a giant foot and its done growing (least I hope).

I figured I'll use these at my indoor rink, and then my pink and blue ones at my outdoor rink.

Moto Guzzi
12-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Cool!

(Your singing reminded me of my sister who tends to go around singing like that. :lol: )

Mrs Redboots
12-30-2006, 06:51 AM
Now, those are lovely! I haven't seen those before, only the things you attach to your blades and they flash while you skate round on them.

Isk8NYC
12-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Did you buy them from eBay or another vendor? Their ad in Skating magazine doesn't have ordering information.

Hey - tell us how long the batteries last, okay?

renatele
12-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Did you buy them from eBay or another vendor? Their ad in Skating magazine doesn't have ordering information.

Some pro shops already have them - Codey Arena (South Mountain) does, at least. I saw them there a couple of days ago.

Mercedeslove
12-30-2006, 12:20 PM

I live near Rainbo, so I went up there to get my skates sharpened and picked up a pair. The only have clear, black and grey. They won't have the other colors until later this month.

No idea how long the batteries last yet.

Figureskates
12-31-2006, 09:41 AM
Someone has a pair at my rink...they definitely stand out!

Ice Dancer
12-31-2006, 09:46 AM
What are they actually called? Would like to look them up on ebay to see if I can get some over here.

Isk8NYC
12-31-2006, 10:20 AM
They're called "BlinkerZ" - you can find a fairly-useless advertisement for them in Skating magazine.
It doesn't tell you where to buy or who to contact. :roll: It does tell you the name and distributor, though.

No idea how long the batteries last yet.You'll find out!
We have some light-up necklaces from SOI that lasted 2.5 years, although they did get lost for a few months....LOL

Mercedeslove
12-31-2006, 12:33 PM
Rainbo should have them online. So you can order from them. That is where I got mine. But I just went up there and bought them since I was going there to get my skates sharpened.

SkatingOnClouds
01-06-2007, 01:34 AM
I heard some pretty negative feedback about these from someone whose son has them.

Apparently the covers (think they meant where the batteries go) come off too easily, and when this happens the guard loses its structural integrity, and sort of collapses. This boy put his toe right through them because they collapsed.

I was also told that they aren't very watertight, and this can lead to rusting and corrosion around the batteries.

Don't know if they got a bad pair, but it has put me off for now. For the cost, it doesn't sound like they are worth the novelty. Be interesting to hear how others get on with them after they've been using them a while.