View Full Version : NYI Roll Call (deadline Wednesday)

Debbie S
12-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Thought I'd start a thread for those competing at NYI this year. The entry deadline (at least w/o paying a late fee) is Wednesday. I was on the fence about this comp, but I think I will enter. I'm definitely doing Bronze FS, but I'm still on the fence about Silver MIF and Bronze CM, b/c I'm a bit weak in some of the required elements for those events. I guess I'll need to decide in the next few days.

What about everyone else?

coskater64
12-29-2006, 03:49 PM
I will be there competing 8O @ the master's level, I can land my axel but it is very painful, so the goal for the competition is to live through my program 3.40 do all the jumps (singles -- doc says no axel if it hurts) and spins, make a considerable effort to smile, do good footwork and try not to cry. I'll also participate in silver dance and masters moves just to relax a little.

:lol: :lol:

Terri C
12-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Unfortuately, starting next week, I'll be in a short term position at work where I will only be able to skate once or twice a week. Given that, I think it's in my best interests to sit out this year and work on passing the Bronze freestyle test (and qualify for AN '08), which I'm aiming for late March.
I'll miss seeing everyone- this is one of my favorite competitions to attend.

sk8pics
12-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Well, I'm obviously not competing but I thought I might come and cheer the rest of you on. And put anyone on the ice who needs someone.

Mrs Redboots
12-30-2006, 06:46 AM
I will be there competing 8O @ the master's level, I can land my axel but it is very painful, so the goal for the competition is to live through my program 3.40 do all the jumps (singles -- doc says no axel if it hurts) and spins, make a considerable effort to smile, do good footwork and try not to cry. I'll also participate in silver dance and masters moves just to relax a little.

:lol: :lol:You are so very graceful on the ice that I'm sure you'll do well, even if you can't do a single jump in your programme!

jenlyon60
12-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Hospitality is me... I will be there providing food/coffee for the officials, and helping in any other way that Tim and company may need assistance.

TimDavidSkate
12-30-2006, 11:12 AM
I decided to skip this one this year again :cry: I just need to rest up before sectionals and nationals :halo:

Debbie S
12-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, I mailed my entry form today and decided to go for broke, literally - lol. I'm doing Bronze FS, Bronze CM, and Silver MIF. Now I better get to practicing the back scratch, waltz-half loop-sal, and cross strokes and FI-BO 3's. 8O :)

LWalsh
12-30-2006, 10:43 PM
I'll be there! Silver FS III

Lwalsh

sexyskates
01-01-2007, 09:34 AM
I'll be there! Silver FS, Silver spins, Interp, Gold MITF and for the first time Pre-bronze solo dance (just started learning this).

LoopLoop
01-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I'll be there too... silver III FS (yikes, I need to start doing runthroughs again!), silver spins, and gold pairs.

Ellyn
01-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Sent in the application: bronze compulsory moves, bronze spins, silver MITF -- see you there, Debbie!

I'm directing a children's show that runs Jan. 20-Feb. 25. My nephew is having his birthday party at the show on Feb. 3. If missing one of my events would allow me to go to the theatre and introduce him and his friends to the cast, I'll do that. But if it would require missing two of the competitions, I'll skip the party.

jenlyon60
01-04-2007, 12:35 PM
For those planning to stay at either the Hampton Inn or the Holiday Inn in Sterling (just off Rt 28), please be aware that the traffic patterns have recently changed on Rt 28 and there is no longer direct access to either hotel from Rt 28.

Instead you must exit onto Sterling Blvd north, turn right at 1st stop light onto Shaw Road, then turn right onto another street (I believe it is Holiday <something or another>)

Also, there are now more food choices near Ashburn Ice House than just the pizza place (Pomadoros) inside. There is a strip mall next to the rink with several restaurants, and there is a restaurant court near the Embassy Suites with a Five Guys (burgers) and a pizzeria. The Thai restaurant and the "mediterranean" restaurant in that area are either already open or due to open soon.

Hope this helps.

mikawendy
01-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the info, jenlyon!

And if anyone has more time on their hands and is craving Mediterranean food, Simply Grill in Reston may do the trick. It's actually Persian food, but some of the dishes are similar to Greek or Indian food. Very tasty and good service and prices. Reston is farther east along the Dulles Toll Road in relation to Ashburn.

Simply Grill
1835 Fountain Dr
Reston, VA 20190
(703) 471-1410