View Full Version : Santa Brought me an Axel...sort of

LWalsh
12-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi Guys, I just thought I'd share this really cute story with you.

A few weeks before Christmas I was on the cell phone with my husband after my skating lesson. We were having the usual conversation for this time of year "what do you want for Christmas?...I don't know what do you want?". I told him what I really wanted was an axel "can you get me an axel?" I said. He laughed. So the week before Christmas he tells me had to go to Home Depot to get my gift. (So I am thinking he got me some sort of lame appliance or something.):x Then a wrapped gift appears under the tree which seems to be some sort of metal pipe. Now I'm really thinking there's nothing I wanted which involves a metal pipe.:roll: As it turns out the "pipe" under the tree was an Axle. Then another box was full of certificates for 6 harness lessons, 6 extra freestyle sessions, 6 extra lessons with my regular coach and one extra with a coach I don't usually take from (since he's great but quite expensive for me.)

Is that a great husband or what? I'm very close to landing a decent axel so hopefully all these extras will push me to finally do it!

Lwalsh

Isk8NYC
12-28-2006, 11:13 AM
That's a very thoughtful, and good-humored, gift. Give him a hug from us!

dbny
12-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Wow! Thoughtful, smart, humerous, and not cheap all in one!

FrankR
12-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Wow!! 8O It makes me wonder what's going to happen when you ask him to get you a double salchow. If he can get that under the tree as well...:bow: :bow: :bow:

That WAS a very cute story, Lara. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

Mrs Redboots
12-28-2006, 12:55 PM
What a lovely present. Mine would like an axel, too, but he has a bit of a way to go yet....

coskater64
12-28-2006, 01:38 PM
How lucky you are to have someone who cares for you so much and understands how much you love the sport.:D

Team Arthritis
12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Made the kids laugh last weekend as I was doing floor jumps - "what's that?" to my half Axel. I of course replied - "I'm working on my cheated Axel, even cheated jumps take practice you know!"http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/footballreferee.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)
Lyle

LilJen
12-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Aww, what a great story! Good hubby!

looplover
12-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Then a wrapped gift appears under the tree which seems to be some sort of metal pipe. Now I'm really thinking there's nothing I wanted which involves a metal pipe.:roll: As it turns out the "pipe" under the tree was an Axle. Then another box was full of certificates for 6 harness lessons, 6 extra freestyle sessions, 6 extra lessons with my regular coach and one extra with a coach I don't usually take from (since he's great but quite expensive for me.)

Lwalsh

I love it! I thought you were going to say it was a Festivus pole and then he was going to air his grievances and tackle you.

Isk8NYC
12-28-2006, 06:07 PM
I love it! I thought you were going to say it was a Festivus pole and then he was going to air his grievances and tackle you.FINALLY! Someone who respects the traditions of Festivus! :bow: :bow:

Now, LWalsh, you have to keep us updated on this gift. DETAILS! What did you learn, how'd you do, that sort of thing. Then, it'll be a gift that keeps on giving!

LWalsh
12-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Now, LWalsh, you have to keep us updated on this gift. DETAILS! What did you learn, how'd you do, that sort of thing. Then, it'll be a gift that keeps on giving!

OK OK I promise to let you know. Right now I am up in Lake Placid for the Holiday and working on Intermediate Moves...which I will take for the third time in a few weeks.8O

doubletoe
12-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Awww, what a great hubby! (Sounds like something my poor henpecked skating husband would do, LOL!)

We don't celebrate Festivus in our household but we do celebrate "Hanumas." :D

kateskate
12-29-2006, 06:36 AM
That is so sweet!