View Full Version : new patterns from coach

Team Arthritis
12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I thought that it would be fun to start a thread for those little gems, or toe teasers, you may pick up in a lesson. Here's my latest:

FI Rocker to BI-3.

now First I've never done a rocker on purpose in my life and the only turn that I find natural is the FI counter, so this requires me to turn my shoulders completely into the circle but counter the free leg to front. then I have to check the shoulder in and check them out of the rocker but essentially they stay in one place while my hips rotate underneath leaving you in perfect position to then do the BI3 (my nemesis). The one other interesting thing this is teaching me is that I tend to turn my BI-3's on too deep a lobe but they are less scary if I can be more upright with less lean.
Lyle http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/frech/a050.gif

vesperholly
12-21-2006, 03:47 AM
My coach wanted me to do that exercise because I was having trouble checking FI rockers on the BI edge.

THAT HARD. 8O

Isk8NYC
12-21-2006, 09:40 AM
This is not that tricky, but I'm a spazz at footwork so anything's tricky to ol' stumblefoot. ;)

To practice the threes-on-the-line, I have to do a series of FO threes while keeping my shoulders checked forward.

It's helped a lot and made me realize how little turnout I've been getting. I'm doing stretches and such to improve the turnout and the exercise is getting easier.

Team Arthritis
12-21-2006, 10:45 AM
This is not that tricky, but I'm a spazz at footwork so anything's tricky to ol' stumblefoot. ;)

To practice the threes-on-the-line, I have to do a series of FO threes while keeping my shoulders checked forward.

Please elaborate, I'm in a never ending battle bettween my shoulder waist and hips
Lyle

e-skater
12-21-2006, 04:07 PM
I thought that it would be fun to start a thread for those little gems, or toe teasers, you may pick up in a lesson. Here's my latest:

FI Rocker to BI-3.

Lyle http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/frech/a050.gif

Yikes. I have a FO Rocker I'm learning, as part of footwork (if you could call anything I do that is supposed to be footwork, "footwork" LOL!!! I've tripped myself already on this little ditty I'm supposed to be doing!) in a program.......

If your drill is a FI Rocker to BI-3, would that mean I could try the FO Rocker I'm learning to BO-3?

Team Arthritis
12-22-2006, 08:29 AM
If your drill is a FI Rocker to BI-3, would that mean I could try the FO Rocker I'm learning to BO-3?
You know come to think of it I do have a FO Rocker at the beginning of my old footwork -but its cheated in a way that helps my footwork:
I do what is essentially a LFO swing roll but instead of arcing the leg around I swing it in a straight line forewards and when it is all the way front I do the FO Rocker letting the free leg pull me along into the check and then cross front etc. Try it, its easier to check this way and looks cool
Lyle

e-skater
12-22-2006, 05:14 PM
You know come to think of it I do have a FO Rocker at the beginning of my old footwork -but its cheated in a way that helps my footwork:
I do what is essentially a LFO swing roll but instead of arcing the leg around I swing it in a straight line forewards and when it is all the way front I do the FO Rocker letting the free leg pull me along into the check and then cross front etc. Try it, its easier to check this way and looks cool
Lyle

Sounds suspiciously close to what I am doing with my free foot. Kind of like a swing rolll......It's a RFO Rocker....thanks for the tip!