View Full Version : Rinks in Fort Worth/Arlington, Tx area?

CrossedBlades
12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
I haven't been around here in forever - my family has moved to forsaken land with no ice. :cry:

Anyway, some friends and I are heading up to Fort Worth for some swing dancing, and we'd like to skate while we're there. We'll be staying in Burleson, but Fort Worth and Arlington won't be too bad of a drive. I know about The Parks at Arlington, but Google's giving me a headache otherwise. Are there any other rinks in the area? Is The Parks any good?

Thanks!

dbny
12-19-2006, 11:41 PM
List of rinks in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (http://arenamaps.com/search.php?position=0&state=TX&arena_name=&city=Ft+Worth&sort_field2=city_sorter&sort_field=arena_name).

DallasSkater
12-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Any of the rinks attached to a Mall in our area are really packed right now. I would suggest any of the Dr. Pepper rinks as you might have lighter public sessions and freestyle. (Though these crowds are more than usual too!) The Parks is packed tight for all sessions.

Enjoy your visit to DFW!

CrossedBlades
12-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the help guys! :)

I was hoping to find something closer, but Ridglea Ice appears to have closed down, so StarCenter Duncanville looks like our best bet. I'm familiar with the StarCenters, and Duncanville and Euless are the only two I haven't skated at, so I'll just check another off the list.

I'm excited - most of the girls I drag out skating with me don't get a chance to go very often (if they've ever been at all!).

Crossed Blades - converting Central Tx to ice skating, one trip at a time...