View Full Version : Test Session-Chilled Ponds Rink

miraclegro
12-19-2006, 01:34 PM
I have been trying to get a contact for the test session in January at the Chilled Ponds rink in Chesapeake VA. The girl answering the phone was completely clueless, and there are no links or info on the website. Any information regaring that? Have i missed the deadline?

Help! I want to test Adult Silver Freestyle

Isk8NYC
12-19-2006, 01:48 PM
That's a nice, friendly rink - I met with the Skating Director last Easter about LTS and coaching. She was very forthcoming with information and guidance. When you call a rink for figure skating info, ask for the Figure Skating or Learn to Skate director. Be forewarned: they're usually hard to get a hold of, unless the rink will give you a cell phone or home number.

USFSA tests are usually held by the local USFSA skating club. I believe the Hampton Roads Figure Skating Club was the combination ISI/USFSA club for Chilled Ponds. If you go to the Club's website (http://www.hrfsc.com/), you can get contact information for the Club and ask them about the test session. (I didn't see the test info on their website. Odd since most Clubs post it prominently.)

ETA: Chilled Ponds is Terri C's home rink, so you might want to send her a PM as well.

My 2005-2006 Directory doesn't list a test chair for that Club.
It started out as an ISI Club and only recently became a USFSA Club.

skaternum
12-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Just wanted to reiterate that test session MUST be run by a USFSA member club, so you need to contact the club directly. You can't really blame the rink, especially the "front deskers," for not knwoing abuot the club's activities. Find out which clubs are in the area, then check their websites.

Isk8NYC
12-19-2006, 03:01 PM
skaternum is absolutely correct, a USFSA Club MUST run the test session.

In our area, it's not unusual for a Club to rent at one arena to host a test session even though their club skating sessions are all at a different rink. If you were to call the rental arena, the office staff wouldn't know about the Club unless the person answering the phone knew about rental ice.

mikawendy
12-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Also, if you can't find contact info for a USFS club on the club's web site, you can check the USFS directory (the spiral bound book) that is printed each year in tandem with the USFS rule book. Member clubs' contact info, including contact info for test chairs, is in that book.

Terri C
12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
I have been trying to get a contact for the test session in January at the Chilled Ponds rink in Chesapeake VA. The girl answering the phone was completely clueless, and there are no links or info on the website. Any information regaring that? Have i missed the deadline?

Help! I want to test Adult Silver Freestyle

Miraclegro,
I sent you a PM.

Terri C
12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
I believe the Hampton Roads Figure Skating Club was the combination ISI/USFSA club for Chilled Ponds. If you go to the Club's website (http://www.hrfsc.com/), you can get contact information for the Club and ask them about the test session. (I didn't see the test info on their website. Odd since most Clubs post it prominently.)

ETA: Chilled Ponds is Terri C's home rink, so you might want to send her a PM as well.

Isk8 is correct- Chilled Ponds is the principal headquarters for the Hampton Roads FSC. We gave Tidewater FSC approval to have their January test session there. We were never a ISI club, but the rink utilizes ISI for the LTS program
We just had a test session almost two weeks ago- you all should know about that- I passed my Bronze moves there!
Also the website is outdated- this reminds me to get club President to update it!