View Full Version : Ice Ramps

Casey
12-18-2006, 10:34 PM
I saw this on another board and thought it unusual. Most of the skaters are in hockey skates but one is in figure skates... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7SFteRC6zs

Just when you think, "naaahhhh...", somebody goes and does it.

Casey
12-18-2006, 10:39 PM
And more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87PEHvbiwKs

TashaKat
12-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Can't see the link (work blocks stuff like that :cry: ) but my ex used to do ramps on inline skates. Some of the stuff that him and his mates could do was AWESOME. I'll have to check it out when I get home at the weekend :D

Award
12-19-2006, 03:57 AM
hahaha...at least the guy in the second clip wears some some head gear. The guys in the first clip without head gear is like a paramedic emergency call-out waiting to happen. I think that a mouth guard could come in handy as well .... that's if some of those guys want to keep their teeth.

Ice Dancer
12-19-2006, 03:59 AM
That is mad! No way would I do that!! They can skate well though and good luck to them!

AW1
12-19-2006, 06:58 AM
are they seriously deranged? LOL
But seriously, I hope to hell they are wearing cheap skates - think of what that'd do to your skates!!! Ouch!

Award
12-19-2006, 07:30 AM
are they seriously deranged? LOL
But seriously, I hope to hell they are wearing cheap skates - think of what that'd do to your skates!!! Ouch!

hahahaha..... I think that one of those guys was a cheap skate ... wearing cheap skates, since the plastic blade holder (or something) suffered catastrophic failure during landing.

sue123
12-19-2006, 09:11 AM
I always thought that would pretty cool, an ice ramp. Although I don't think I would try it. Is that actual ice on the ramp, or what? Cause that's what I've been trying to figure out, how they managed to get ice on the ramp.

cecealias
12-19-2006, 02:02 PM
That's so cool!! It looks even more fun than skate parks. Hell i even want to try the ramp :D Dude, that would be so cool to try to do axels off that thing... it'd make it so easy LOL

Casey
12-19-2006, 02:27 PM
You just use a sheet of the type of plastic that they use for artificial rinks for it and it won't be too hard on the blades.

Award
12-19-2006, 05:07 PM
I wonder how they get the transition between the ground and the ramp to be smooth. And I wonder what kind of material is used on that rail for doing their grinds ...... can't be too good for the blades hehehe

sandyk
12-19-2006, 07:13 PM
I would never attempt it but man, would I love to see someone ELSE attempt it!

Sk8pdx
12-19-2006, 11:22 PM
....hmmmm...:roll:
I wonder if it could be used as a tool to simulate throw jumps....:P

Skittl1321
12-20-2006, 06:48 AM
I wonder how they get the transition between the ground and the ramp to be smooth. And I wonder what kind of material is used on that rail for doing their grinds ...... can't be too good for the blades hehehe

On the rails it never looked like their blades were touching, that it would be the sole of the boot, or the side. Of course, to get that right- it probably did a number on the blades.

Or I'm just wrong and didn't see correctly