View Full Version : Our Holiday Show

miraclegro
12-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Well, it's finally OVER! All the stress, frustration, and grief and it's over.

I am probably not going to help with it next year because it was so nervewracking to see so many weak areas that need improvement.

I helped with the children's numbers, and no one got hurt! Hurray! I was afraid if one child fell, there would be a pileup!

I skated my number, my loop was okay, i landed my lutz, and missed my flip. They put a SPOTLIGHT on us(me), and they did not do it at dress rehearsal, or warm up. I could not tell where i was on the ice. I couldn't believe they turned that white light on. I was so scared. It felt like Helen Keller on ice!

Got a lot of pats on the backs from the parents, which i really needed. At least i know i can land my lutz for my Silver Freestyle test, now! and in front of a crowd of over 1,000.

Skate@Delaware
12-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Congratulations on landing your lutz!! It's always nice when a show comes together in a pleasant way. I thought skating with a spotlight was very unnerving and you are blind. But you did it!!!! That's a notch in your belt for sure. Don't know how I would do in a crowd that size, ours is about 250-300 tops.