View Full Version : Odd

Ice Dancer
12-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Has anyone else ever had the urge to just sit in their skates while watching TV?

I couldn't fight it any longer :oops:

Team Arthritis
12-18-2006, 02:21 PM
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/musik/b015.gif
sometimes I like to just look at my skates too http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/k025.gif
Lyle

Isk8NYC
12-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Well, I'm putting new laces in my skates as we speak, waiting for a data extract to finish. I'm fighting the urge to make make sure they're the right length by trying them on under my desk.

Thanks for reminding me, too! LOL

ETA: Lost the battle - 108" are fine; not too short or long. Yayyy!!!

sunjoy
12-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Hah! I like to look at my skates too. Couple of times I've been in bed unable to sleep and thinking of skating, and I've put them on!

I think it has to do with the quality of construction and the leather. I've never had similar urges with my inline skates, and they're probably less clunky to wear than figure skates!

Ice Dancer
12-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I look at mine a lot too! I keep them in their box, with the lid open and they live in the spare room. The door of that room is usually open so when I go past I often take a look and them and feel them. I smell them sometimes too as they still have the leather smell.

I think I should shut up now, it sounds like I am in love with them!

Rusty Blades
12-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Mine hang on the kitchen wall - I am very proud of them & they mean a lot to me.

Isk8NYC
12-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Mine hang on the kitchen wall - I am very proud of them & they mean a lot to me.That way, they're handy when you step out to the backyard for a quick skate, right? How's the rink coming along? (I'm living vicariously :) )

samba
12-18-2006, 03:14 PM
I keep mine tucked away, I wish I had dainty feet, my boots are like boats!!

Amandaskategirl
12-18-2006, 04:10 PM
I love my skates! I find slippers much more comfortable when indoors though! I do often look at my skates and hug them though.

Award
12-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Has anyone else ever had the urge to just sit in their skates while watching TV? I couldn't fight it any longer :oops:

That's called brand new skates syndrome hehe. Once the skates get old and used (eg scratched and things), the urge to do that will subside and eventually disappear.

mikawendy
12-18-2006, 09:09 PM
That's called brand new skates syndrome hehe. Once the skates get old and used (eg scratched and things), the urge to do that will subside and eventually disappear.

But then there's the "is it time for a sharpening syndrome" and then also the "are my boots breaking down or just right syndrome" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Award
12-18-2006, 11:46 PM
But then there's the "is it time for a sharpening syndrome" and then also the "are my boots breaking down or just right syndrome" :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehehe .... those really do go hand in hand hehehe