View Full Version : Costume for Showcase

Mainemom
12-18-2006, 11:43 AM
My daughter wants to skate to "I'm the Greatest Star" from Funny Girl for our spring show and then adapt it to a Showcase number for some summer competitions that we have. The music is perfect for her as she is a ham and will play it strictly for laughs, but we are stuck on costuming. How important is it for Showcase? I can't make her the outfit that Barbra Streisand was wearing in the movie as I don't think she could skate in it, so what do we do? The song is so easy to choreograph and she is really looking forward to it, but we're concerned about the costume issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Maine Mom

Mrs Redboots
12-18-2006, 01:03 PM
I can't remember what Streisand did actually wear in that movie - is it something you could adapt? Say, a skating skirt but similar top?

Looking the part will help your daughter in every way, and may make all the difference to the placings. I should discuss this with her coach, who may well have some ideas, and even have skaters who used this piece before, from whom your daughter might be able to inherit a costume.