View Full Version : Dumb Question - Parabolic Blades

Jeanmarie
12-15-2006, 06:37 PM
This is so silly.
I just got my new skates today, for them, I ordered MK Professional Parabolic blades.
How can I tell if the blades are parabolic? They don't say anywhere on the blade or box, and I can't tell the difference.
Thanks.

Stormy
12-15-2006, 08:04 PM
I believe Parabolics say "Parabolic" on the blade. I would think they'd say so on the box as well. Where did you get them from? I'd ask the place you got them to make sure they got you the Parabolics.

techskater
12-16-2006, 04:55 AM
My parabolics say "parabolic" on them. I'd talk to the company that sold them to you

russiet
12-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Can you measure the thickness of the blade at the middle and at the ends? If it's thinner in the middle, it's parabolic.

A dial caliper would work great, but I'm assuming you don't have any sitting around the house.

Try feeling the thickness down the length of the blade - our fingers are amazingly good at feeling differences of thickness down to a few thousands of an inch.

And, of course you should contact whomever you purchased them from.

Award
12-16-2006, 07:45 AM
That's right, parabolic blades are ones where the width of the metal at front and the rear of the blade are thickest. And the thickness tapers down .... and gets to the smallest width somewhere around half-way between the front and the rear of the blade.

max
12-17-2006, 06:59 AM
They should say on the box and it should be engraved on the blade. Some of the earlier ones, it was just written on the box. I would query it with your supplier.

Stormy
12-17-2006, 11:43 AM
I was at a skate shop yesterday and all the Parabolics on display had Parabolic engraved on them. Definitely call whoever you got them from.