View Full Version : Dance music

Morgail
12-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I hope this hasn't been asked 400,000 times before, but does anyone know where to find the music for the Dutch Waltz, Canasta Tango, etc? I'm a dance-newbie:D Maybe somewhere to download it, or even buy a CD.

For that matter - does everyone use the same music for these dances? I just know that the music played at my rink for dances has not changed in nearly 20 years, at least.

I would love to be able to find a copy of this music - I think it would help my rhythm-impaired self to hear the music over and over. Maybe then I could keep on count!
Thanks.

twokidsskatemom
12-06-2006, 02:03 AM
http://www.ncassociates.com/icednce/
This is what my daughter uses. I think they have 4 songs for each dance.
fast service too !!

Mrs Redboots
12-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Here in the UK we use the official ISU music for all dances (except the Riverside Rumba, which doesn't have any ISU music, so NISA have invented a set of six mostly tuneless tunes!). So the Novice Foxtrot is done to the Bronze (Keats) Foxtrot, the Dutch, British and Willow Waltzes to the European Waltz, the Canasta and Fiesta Tangos to the Silver (Harris) Tango music, and the Swing Dance to the Rocker Foxtrot.

Having said that, we do have social-dance music that mostly doesn't use the ISU tunes, but does have the same rhythms. And Christmas music such as we shall have tonight - Dutch Waltz to "Silent Night", anybody? And there is one dance they do to the tune of "Christians, awake!", but I can't remember what - Blues, perhaps, or Foxtrot....

das_mondlicht
12-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I downloaded low level dance music samples from internet last year. But, I can't find it last night. I loaded them to my MP3 player and listened to it with one ear when skating to the dance pattern. However, my coach did say my sample of Canasta Tango is a bit slow. So, she brought dance music cd ever since. I listened to the website twokidsskatemom pointed out. It seems pretty decent. I will load some samples to my MP3 player and show them to my coach.

Most of dances can be finished within 30 seconds for one pattern. So, the 30 sec sample is good enough to get the feeling of the rhythm.

Luna

Morgail
12-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm going to check out that website.