View Full Version : Heels are slipping...

Hannah
12-05-2006, 02:51 PM
My heels are not secure in my skates- this is probably a combination of losing some weight since I bought them, and not knowing when I first tried them on that my heel shouldn't lift off the boot at all. Anyway, it's making my jumps (such as they are... bunny hops and waltz jumps, whooo!) kind of hard.

My boots are pretty well broken in, and I am lacing them tightly enough, so the slippage isn't going anywhere- I need something to make my heels a little bit bigger so they stay put. The amount of "bigger" that I need is tiny- when I wear skating tights (a little thicker plus what looks like one more layer of fabric in the heel) my foot is pretty secure as compared to when I wear nylon-thickness socks. Any ideas?

Thank you! :)

Mrs Redboots
12-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Insoles.

That's what I did when my heels started slipping - what's more, I bought thermal ones as it was the beginning of winter.

Or new laces can sometimes do the trick.

Hannah
12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Like Superfeet? I don't know why I didn't think of that- I have superfeet in my regular shoes... I'll try that, thanks. :D

Rusty Blades
12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
You should be able to get the heels bumped in to tighten them up. That will leave the rest of the fit the same where as socks will make the whole boot feel smaller.

sue123
12-05-2006, 03:27 PM
I had a similar problem with my old boots. I took them to a place, and they put them in the oven for a while, then pressed the heels in and then on my feet. It worked for a while, but then the boots were breaking down already.

froggy
12-05-2006, 04:12 PM
i have the same problem, i bought both insoles and heel pads, i cut each of them to fit and placed them in my skates. the heel pads have an adhesive in the back of them. you can find both at a drugstore.

good luck!

doubletoe
12-05-2006, 07:19 PM
If you don't already wear gel ankle sleeves, it might help to wear them.

Hannah
12-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I've got the gray superfeet in there, and they feel good on the floor- I'll see how they are on the ice. :)

Casey
12-06-2006, 02:27 AM
Bunga makes a wonderful heel/achilles pad that helped quite a lot with this same problem in my old skates...