View Full Version : I passed APBM!

das_mondlicht
12-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks for all of the tips, encouragements and comments coming from my previous inquiry about my APBM forward 3-turn pattern. It helps a lot! I managed to pass this test. I was almost frozen and my nose kept running. That's probably because I wore a ballet bun, which I never did when skating...

But, anyway, here are comments from judge,
Stroking - good extension + flow
Edges - FO: very smooth, FI: same, BO: same, BI: very nice
Figure-8 XORs - excellent!
Waltz-8 - very nice
F 3-turn pattern: very nice test!
Result: Pass

Luna

renatele
12-04-2006, 08:56 PM
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!

TaBalie
12-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Congratulations! I am taking this test January 4th.... You should be so proud, the comments sound wonderful! :)

Isk8NYC
12-04-2006, 11:52 PM
That's great news! Congratulations!!!

Skittl1321
12-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Wonderful! Congrats.

TimDavidSkate
12-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Congrats :bow:

quarkiki2
12-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Yay -- Woo-hoo -- hooray!!!!

Mrs Redboots
12-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Who-hoooo!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Onwards and upwards - do you have a date for the Free skating test yet?

Bill_S
12-05-2006, 09:11 AM
The judges comments are all very positive! That's a really good sign. You must have been very well prepared for the test.

Congratulations!

phoenix
12-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Well done! I have a student who just passed pre-pre moves on Sunday, & believe me it is such a relief to a coach to see their skater go out & do well. We never know what's going to happen on a first test, will they freak out, etc. So it's great that you went out and skated strongly. That's a good sign of tests to come!

Thin-Ice
12-05-2006, 09:43 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Team Arthritis
12-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Hurray, well done http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/tiere/e010.gif
Lyle

doubletoe
12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Wow, great job! Congratulations!!:bow:

Morgail
12-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Congratulations! And you got wonderful comments too:D

NCSkater02
12-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Good deal. I'm lined up to test Jan. 27th. The test deadline is Jan 4, and my coach is out of town most of Dec. She will see me skate Dec. 21,and we will decide then if I am ready.

All I have to do is get the BI edges, waltz 8, and 3-turn pattern consistant. My coach is pretty sure the rest is ready and will pass.

Rob Dean
12-05-2006, 03:23 PM
The next two test sessions at my club are 29 January and 26 February. I will be attempting this at one of them:frus:, and have an appointment with my coach in about a week to sit down and talk about which one it will be. I took an hour's leave at lunch and slipped out for some practice on this...it's been dragging on too long and I'd like to get it done.

Congratulations, by the way!

Rob

das_mondlicht
12-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks, everyone! I never watch any test session before. It was a great deal to me last night. The 4 hours test session starting from Gold dances, Junior FS to the last group of the low level moves. I was in the warm-up group with 2 PJM girls, one PM girl, the other lady of APBM. At warm-up, I felt everyone around me moving at very fast pace. I almost lost my sense of direction. Then, I heard my coach, "do your waltz-8! don't forget do your edges!" Time was running pretty fast. It was a good experience for me to feel how warm up working and plan for the future tests :) .

Good deal. I'm lined up to test Jan. 27th. The test deadline is Jan 4, and my coach is out of town most of Dec. She will see me skate Dec. 21,and we will decide then if I am ready.

All I have to do is get the BI edges, waltz 8, and 3-turn pattern consistant. My coach is pretty sure the rest is ready and will pass.

You definitely can do it! I did it the other way around - register the test first and make it happen. So, I did one complete APBMs run-through as warm-up at beginning of every lession and then my coach gives me feedbacks and corrections. This board has been very supportive. I got many last minutes corrections and tips, which make my first test a good one.

Upcoming test....I still can't decide to do solo or paired dance...Or, just aiming at ABM. As far as FS tests, I will need to wait until I can jump.

Luna

froggy
12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
congratulations! i cant wait to take my APB. how long have you been working on the elements?

Terri C
12-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Congratulations!!
I'm sooo glad to see that there is another generation of Peanut Gallerians coming down the pike!!! :P

jazzpants
12-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Congratulations!!
I'm sooo glad to see that there is another generation of Peanut Gallerians coming down the pike!!! :PYeah, don't forget Sk8pdx too!!! Now our of our new generation of Peanut Gallerians, you guys need to figure out which one plays Terri, which one plays Debbie, which one plays e-skater and which one has the unfortunate task of playing me!!! LOL!!! :twisted:

Congrats Luna! Enjoy working on Bronze Moves... or dances!!! ;)

Tessa
12-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Wahoo! Good job and way to go!:bow:

DallasSkater
12-05-2006, 07:43 PM
A huge congrats to you! Well done! I could tell from your video that you would do well!

:bow:

das_mondlicht
12-05-2006, 07:45 PM
congratulations! i cant wait to take my APB. how long have you been working on the elements?

Go Go Go!!!

Before I have most of elements except the F3-turn pattern. The first week of Nov, my coach took a quick look at my other elements and showed me how to do the new F3 pattern. She thought I can be ready for testing in a month or two. That was me pushing myself to get the early Dec test...I did feel she had such a big relief when I finished my test, like phoenix said. One thing I think is very important during the test - 'do focus on what you have to do and enjoy the first test experience'.

Natalie, best of luck!
Rob, go for it!!!!

Luna

Morgail
12-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah, don't forget Sk8pdx too!!! Now our of our new generation of Peanut Gallerians, you guys need to figure out which one plays Terri, which one plays Debbie, which one plays e-skater and which one has the unfortunate task of playing me!!! LOL!!! :twisted:

Hee! I don't think playing you would be so bad! I hope I can have as much grace as you did if I have to deal with super-tough judges for my Bronze moves (or any other test!) :bow: