View Full Version : my inline freestyle photos

kayskate
09-10-2002, 06:31 AM
I posted a set of artistic inline skating photos on my web site in the photo
gallery. They are not the best quality but the rink was dark. I did whatever I could to lighten them, but they are still not as good as I would have liked. However, there they are. I am skating on rockered inlines (picskates) in a small roller rink. The extent of my inline skating right now is basic skating skills and MITF, which I find translates nicely to improvement on ice.
http://www.skatejournal.com/gallery.html

Kay

Mrs Redboots
09-10-2002, 10:09 AM
Very nice! Lovely photos and an interesting journal entry. As for the duct tape - have you never had to skate round an ice rink picking up sweet papers - would you call them candy wrappers? - that other people have dropped?

dbny
09-10-2002, 01:00 PM
:!: :!: :!: I wouldn't have stepped onto that surface in roller skates for anything. Bravo to you!!! As a former roller dancer, I want a properly finished maple floor before I would risk it, but then, I am 55 and 37 years from my roller skating life.

I thought you did a great job on the pix. Loved your comments on the rink decor. Every rink I skated in as a kid had that "disco" ball.

wannask8
09-10-2002, 10:08 PM
These pix are great -- you look so graceful, it's hard to believe that you're on concrete/duct tape instead of ice!

-- wannask8

kayskate
09-11-2002, 05:53 AM
Actually I did not see the duct tape until I was skating. Then I wiped out when I hit it. It was actually so comical that I fell from hitting a duct tape patch that I just sat there on my butt and laughed. Then I went over to my husband and asked if he took a pic of the fall. Too bad he didn't.

Anybody here watch the Red Green Show? It'a a Canadian comedy about a guy who tries to be a handyman. He makes things like a zamboni out of an old K Car, a 55 gallon drum and a lot of duct tape. All I could think of was Red Green when I was at that rink.

I was actually amazed how much those wheels felt like blades on a smooth surface! I could have easily gotten carried away and tried something stupid. The whole time, I had to consciously think "these are roller skates". When I tried to spin, the entrance felt the same but the rocker was not in the same place. It was a lot of fun. i wish I had a roller rink nearby, I would definitely use it once in a while.

Kay