View Full Version : Silver Free Test Jumps

MusicSkateFan
11-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Have the jump requirements changed for silver free?

My understanding is...

Solo Flip
Solo Loop
1 Jump Sequence 1/2 or full rotation jumps
1 Jump Combo of single jumps

Am I missing something?

Here is what I plan in my program
sequence lutz 3turn flip
combo Sal Toe
flip
loop
Lutz

Can I do the final lutz for the Silver free test?

I dont have a rule book at this time...even my coach gets confused because they keep changing the adult stuff!
The WBP rules say I can have 5 jump passes for competition....is it only 4 for the test? I hate this!

jenlyon60
11-29-2006, 09:11 AM
These are the requirements listed on the test form:

-- At least 3 different single jumps, including Loop and Flip.
-- 1 Jump Combination of 2 single jumps with no turn or change of foot between jumps
-- 1 jump sequence consisting of one-half or single jumps
-- Camel spin (min 3 revs)
-- Layback, attitude or sit spin (min 4 revs)
-- combo spins with only 1 change of position, change of foot optional (min 3 revs in each position)
-- Connecting moves consisting of spirals, strong edges, fair use of music and full utilization of ice surface

Based on this, the jump elements you've listed would meet the TEST requirements. Whether they would meet the WBP requirements for competition is a different animal.

Have the jump requirements changed for silver free?

My understanding is...

Solo Flip
Solo Loop
1 Jump Sequence 1/2 or full rotation jumps
1 Jump Combo of single jumps

Am I missing something?

Here is what I plan in my program
sequence lutz 3turn flip
combo Sal Toe
flip
loop
Lutz

Can I do the final lutz for the Silver free test?

I dont have a rule book at this time...even my coach gets confused because they keep changing the adult stuff!

MusicSkateFan
11-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks! I still may change my combo...it was the Waltz,toe from the bronze free....I guess I could do a flip combo...but I think the Sal will go with the music better! Once I get my axel off the harness I hope to have axel,toe or axel,loop! (big dreams!)

TimDavidSkate
11-29-2006, 09:53 AM
your combo can still be sal/toe to make things easier. * it requires a single revolution jump * (so the waltz/toe wont count)
it will on the jump sequence if you do a waltz half loop salchow :halo:

Here is from Dan Korte's website: (http://www.sk8stuff.com/f_rules/singles_fs_test_elements_adult.htm)SFR - Adult Silver Freestyle Test
Jumps At least 3 different single jumps; one must be loop, one must be flip
Combos Jump combination with single jumps
Jump sequence with half or single revolution jumps

Spins Camel spin (3 revs)
1 spin from Layback, Attitude, or Sit (4 revs)
Combo spin with only 1 change of position; change of foot is optional (3 revs/position)

Moves Connecting moves consisting of spirals, strong edges, etc (full ice)
Rulebook 2006 Rulebook / TR 32.11 // Passing Avg: 2.7 / Duration: 2m10s

Debbie S
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM
As long as your program meets the requirements for the test, you're good. If you have an extra jump on your test, it's fine, b/c test rules say that "extra elements can be added without penalty". From your description, it sounds like you're fine.

So does this mean you're planning to test MIF and FS on MLK Day, after all? ;)

doubletoe
11-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Sounds like a good set of elements. The salchow-toe is a nice safe combo, and going into a salchow instead of a waltz jump should not require a major adjustment on the preparation edges.

For your sequence, you might also try lutz-side toe tap-3-turn-flip. I had that sequence in my Bronze program and found that the side toe tap gave me better momentum for the flip, as well as giving me a chance to correct any lean or imbalance I might have ended up with on the lutz landing edge.

MusicSkateFan
11-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Doubletoe: to toot my horn....my run out after my lutz is good enough to do a 3 turn flip,toe,loop combo...I practice that occassionally so I like the simple 3 turn flip.

DebbieS: No plans as of yet for two tests on MLK day. I still have not brought up the idea to the coach...I always find it best to let Him tell me when I am ready to test. So far he has only mentioned the moves!

jazzpants
11-29-2006, 01:41 PM
DebbieS: No plans as of yet for two tests on MLK day. I still have not brought up the idea to the coach...I always find it best to let Him tell me when I am ready to test. So far he has only mentioned the moves!You're an adult... ASK him! (He won't bite...I promise!!! LOL!!! :lol: ) But seriously, find out where you stand with him.

doubletoe
11-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Doubletoe: to toot my horn....my run out after my lutz is good enough to do a 3 turn flip,toe,loop combo...I practice that occassionally so I like the simple 3 turn flip.

Even better! Way to go! :D

Mrs Redboots
11-30-2006, 03:54 AM
DebbieS: No plans as of yet for two tests on MLK day. I still have not brought up the idea to the coach...I always find it best to let Him tell me when I am ready to test. So far he has only mentioned the moves!Sensible - but no law saying you can't ask him when he thinks you'll be ready to test the elements. After all, you have to get the moves over and done with first in your system!