View Full Version : Base Values in WBP

thumbyskates
11-28-2006, 04:26 PM
This is in regards to the Skate Canada Well Balanced program, however, I do have a feeling that the answer may be international and within the ISU Communications.

I'm looking for base values for all jumps and spins for singles skating. I have found the synchro communication concerning base values, but can't seem to find the base values for singles. Anyone able to help???

daisies
11-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Here you go:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/200607%20SP%20SOV.pdf

thumbyskates
11-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Thank you so much!!!

Casey
11-28-2006, 07:10 PM
LOL, I like how it has quad axel scoring...

And throw quad lutz?!? O.O

jp1andOnly
11-28-2006, 08:14 PM
actually, Skate Canada's point system varies from the ISU system.

We're lucky in that we get points for a waltz jump and underrotated singles.

Look in the members only section. I believe you can find it as "CPC" under starskate.

This is in regards to the Skate Canada Well Balanced program, however, I do have a feeling that the answer may be international and within the ISU Communications.

I'm looking for base values for all jumps and spins for singles skating. I have found the synchro communication concerning base values, but can't seem to find the base values for singles. Anyone able to help???

daisies
11-29-2006, 11:45 AM
We're lucky in that we get points for ... underrotated singles.

Wait, seriously? What is the rationale behind that?

jp1andOnly
11-29-2006, 10:41 PM
well, since CPC is being implimented even at the lowest level (pre-prelim) many of the wee kiddies can't do all their singles.

It also helps for adults, who might still cheat some of their jumps.

And yes, adults in Canada WILL be judged under the new system

Wait, seriously? What is the rationale behind that?

Raye
11-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Good reason for some of you to come and compete in Canada. There are two in BC coming up at the beginning of the new year:

The Lynn Heatherington Memorial Competition has adult events, and is scheduled for January 26-28 in Duncan BC. Entry closing is December 15, 2006

The BC/YT Open Adult Challenge is in Kamloops BC on February 23, 2007. Entry closing is January 31, 2007

I am often not too successful at posting links, but both BC competitions can be found at the following address: http://www.skatinginbc.com/comp.htm (hoping it worked) Scroll to just about halfway down.....

Would love to see y'all at either one (or both:halo: )