View Full Version : Sixo skating dresses question

Debbie S
11-16-2006, 09:40 AM
For those who have worn a Sixo skating dress:

What has your experience been with the sizing? Would you say that they are true to size, larger, smaller, etc? I am considering ordering one from the Rainbo catalog (with my coupon from HC). I looked at the measurements and I am kind of between Small and Medium. The weird thing is, torso-wise, I'm right on the border bet Small and Medium and in the hips, I'm a Small - and usually with skating dresses, it's the opposite (in dresses that fit in the hips and upper body, the torso is usually long). I definitely don't want too much room in the upper body, b/c the dress has a V-neck, but I want the torso to fit.

I wear Medium in GK and Sharene and Small (4-6) in Del Arbour.

dbny
11-16-2006, 11:06 AM
I only bought one dress from Sixo, for my daughter, but I think it ran a bit big.

flying~camel
11-16-2006, 11:18 AM
The 1 dress I have from them is a bit big on me.

jazzpants
11-16-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm a bit bigger than the small torso size, so I opted for a Medium. Still looks nice to me. (It's the dress I wore for an artistic number I did a loooooong time ago. It's also my Bronze FS test dress.) Street clothes wise, I'm a Small (well, at least if I was shopping for tops at the Gap...except for jackets, in which case I'm a medium b/c Gap make the underarm kinda small and no amount of dieting was gonna help that. :P )

If your rink's Pro shop carries Six-O dresses, see if they carry Six-O dresses and just try out a dress for size. (My rink does carry Six-O dresses...)

LoopLoop
11-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Debbie, definitely go for a small in Six-0. My 2005 pairs dress was from them, and it was a medium, which fit me just about perfectly. Given our height differential, a medium would be way too long in the torso for you.

Debbie S
11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Looks like Small is the size I'll get. I definitely don't want it to be too big in front - no wardrobe malfunctions! :)