View Full Version : 2007 Eastern Adult Sectionals -- Announcement is Ready

NoVa Sk8r
11-15-2006, 10:59 PM
http://www.colonialfsc.com/adultsectionals07/registration.html

March 3-4 (same as Adult Pacifics)

Adult Eastern Sectional (Qualifying) Entry Deadline: 11:59 PM, January 2, 2007
Winter Challenge (Nonqualifying) Entry Deadline: January 27, 2007

Age and Test Deadline (Qualifying events): January 2, 2007.
Age and Test Deadline (Nonqualifying events): January 27, 2007.
Skaters may only enter at their test level. Tests passed after the close of entries and prior to this event will disqualify skaters if test exceeds maximum requirement for the event entered in this competition.

vesperholly
11-16-2006, 03:26 AM
They're not going to get anyone to enter Junior MIF with POWER PULLS as one of the elements. :frus: And I am so, so sick of the American Waltz being the Silver dance. Why don't they ever do the Tango?

TimDavidSkate
11-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Fun 8-) Im excited

Terri C
11-16-2006, 08:07 AM
Skaters may only enter at their test level.

This is what I don't get!
I can see this rule applying for freestyle, but the spin, compulsory and moves events- please!! Most skaters who would enter Pre Bronze freeskate would be either passed or getting ready to take Bronze moves and would have the spins listed in the Bronze spins event in their programs!
UGH!

Debbie S
11-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I can see this rule applying for freestyle, but the spin, compulsory and moves events- please!! And last year, the announcement said the same thing, however....I noticed that a Pre-Bronze skater competed in Bronze CM. Interesting. :??

I agree, for non-qualifying comps, the no-skating-up rule should not apply. In fact, I don't think it always did at Sectionals.

flutzilla1
11-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Anyone interested in doing the Bronze Team Compulsory event? :)

Stormy
11-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Gold team, anyone?? Or Silver? Colonial will hold this event really well, they're a very adult friendly club and whereas the rink isn't the spiffiest, it will still be a great event. If anyone has any questions about the location/logistics/anything, let me know! :)

vesperholly
11-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Gold team, anyone?? Or Silver?
Oooh, me me me! I'll join a Silver team! I can do a good *back* camel - doesn't say anything about it being forward. :-) I could do any of the moves listed no problem, I have a good lutz-loop, but it'd be best if we had someone to do an axel-loop for the combination. Not it. :giveup:

The only thing I could do in Gold is lutz-loop, footwork or the flying camel. My sit-change sucks.

Stormy
11-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Just so you all know....YOU CAN SKATE UP! In all levels and events at non-qualifying. I talked to Laura Cronin today, the vice-chair, and she said this was incorrect in the announcement and it's being fixed. You can e-mail her to confirm this if you need to, but you CAN skate up at all levels and events!! Hope this is helpful to everyone!!

Hannahclear
11-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Really? So I could skate Silver FS? I'll have to email. My coach told me that there was no skating up.

I'm interested in a Bronze compulsory team.......what are we doing?

saras
11-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Gold team, anyone?? Or Silver? Colonial will hold this event really well, they're a very adult friendly club and whereas the rink isn't the spiffiest, it will still be a great event. If anyone has any questions about the location/logistics/anything, let me know! :)

I'd join a Gold team! (I couldn't do Silver, as I have tested up to Gold...). I can do any of the moves listed except a spread eagle - I have a weanie inside Ina Bauer, but it's not much to write home about.

Is anyone doing Novice MIF?? I'll sign up if there will be others - I'll probably sign up anyway and hope that some folks come out of the woodwork ;)

Stormy
11-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Yes, I'll be doing Novice moves...it gives me a good excuse to practice them! I hate Novice moves!

LoopLoop
11-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Gold team, anyone?? :)
If there's a Gold team, I'll do the spread eagle/Ina Bauer. I can do either one with a change of edge.

saras
11-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, I'll be doing Novice moves...it gives me a good excuse to practice them! I hate Novice moves!
Glad to hear there will be someone else. They're a bear eh?

Sara

vesperholly
11-20-2006, 12:57 AM
I'll sign up for Novice MIF, but I am retesting Junior MIF in January, so if I pass I can't compete Novice... Darn... ;)

saras
11-20-2006, 08:43 AM
I'll sign up for Novice MIF, but I am retesting Junior MIF in January, so if I pass I can't compete Novice... Darn... ;)

I hope you pass the test! It's very cool to read of someone approaching the Gold MIF grail, grin.

vesperholly
11-20-2006, 01:59 PM
I hope you pass the test! It's very cool to read of someone approaching the Gold MIF grail, grin.
Thanks. Hopefully before I'm 30! (I've got 4 years.)

Stormy
11-20-2006, 02:25 PM
That's what I say about my Novice, I want to pass before I'm 30! Gold MIF was a peice of cake compared to novice.

saras
11-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks. Hopefully before I'm 30! (I've got 4 years.)
Well heck, with that logic, lessee, I'm going for it before I'm 45 (I'm 43 now) -

LOLOL! -Sara

saras
11-20-2006, 04:22 PM
I have PMed the three of you - if you're up for a Gold Team - let's chat.

Sara

mskater
11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
...will be crazy to see Vesper again - how many years has it been since our first Sectionals?

Sorry I missed you in R.I. Stormy - I was only there for a night and it was the night of elections (was cold and rainy so I just went to bed):]

Can't wait for the competition - will be my first time out doing my new program:] Will be good to see all of my skating buds!

-Cheers

vesperholly
11-20-2006, 10:35 PM
...will be crazy to see Vesper again - how many years has it been since our first Sectionals?
3! Far too many! :D

TimDavidSkate
11-20-2006, 11:11 PM
NJ FSC placed a bid for Adult Eastern Sectionals for 2008, I hope they get it :halo: so I dont have to travel so far

TimDavidSkate
12-28-2006, 12:44 PM
COOL BEANS :D The more the merrier (http://www.colonialfsc.com/adultsectionals07/registration.html)

The Colonial FSC has received a Canadian Sanction for the nonqualifying competition, the Colonial Adult Winter Challenge. We welcome Canadian skaters to participate in the nonqualifying events of this competition.