View Full Version : 2007 Adult Nationals Announcement is ready!

manleywoman
11-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi all! The 2007 ANs announcement is ready and available for download on the website. Deadline is January 16, 2007:

http://www.adultnationals2007.org

There is tons of hotel and travel information available, links to the rink facilities and initial vendor information. We are always looking for more vendors or volunteers, so please contact us if you'd like to participate in those capacities.

We hope to see you next April in Chicago!

TimDavidSkate
11-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Yey, thank you for posting :bow:

Looking forward to it :D

flying~camel
11-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Woohoo! Thanks for posting the link! :D

cecealias
11-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Manlywoman et al. how much would budget for a trip to compete? just curious.

flying~camel
11-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Last year, I went with 2 other people from my club (we left Monday and returned on Sunday) and here's what I ended up spending:

Hotel - $200 (Baymont Inn)
Rental Car - $100 (mini van from Alamo)
Flight - $250 (MDW-DFW)
Spending money (includes food & souvenirs) - $400 (I brought ~$650)
2 Practice Ice Sessions & Official Warm up - $40
Entry fees - $120

So, I spent roughly $1000 on everything for the week.

Hope that helps! :)

Debbie S
11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Manleywoman, is there going to be any sort of shuttle for competitors between the hotels and the rink? Or would one need to rent a car? Also, how far is Midway Airport from the rink/hotel area? I think SW only flies into Midway and not O'Hare.

(Good to see you at HC. We did meet before, at a USFSA-sponsored skating clinic in Philly (featuring Todd Eldredge) in 2002. Hopefully, I will be able to make it to AN this year.)

manleywoman
11-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Manleywoman, is there going to be any sort of shuttle for competitors between the hotels and the rink? Or would one need to rent a car? Also, how far is Midway Airport from the rink/hotel area? I think SW only flies into Midway and not O'Hare.
There will not be a shuttle. You'll need to rent a car. But the main rink and practice rink are a mere block away from each other, so there's no driving necessary to get to practice ice. Just from hotel to rink and restaurants.

O'Hare is only 10 minutes away from the rink, Midway is about 40 minutes. And yes, Southwest only flies into Midway. FYI, if you're sharing a car with someone who is flying into O'Hare, you can take the El train all the way from Midway to O'Hare (switch from orange to blue line) for $2.00 and meet them at O'Hare.

And Milwaukee's airport is an option too, though farther. I can't imagine finding anything cheaper flying into Milwaukee though. But it;s worth throwing out there.

Debbie S
11-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Manlywoman et al. how much would budget for a trip to compete? just curious.So you are thinking of competing, cecealias? I guess since you are working on doubles and have passed Intermediate MIF, you would be competing at Gold? Or are you Silver?

badaxel
11-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Anyone need a roommate or travel buddy? Or is it too early to ask? I'm just excited, as this will be my first nationals! Assuming I make it there...

techskater
11-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Anyone need a roommate or travel buddy? Or is it too early to ask? I'm just excited, as this will be my first nationals! Assuming I make it there...

Unfortunately, this one is local for me, so I am planning to live at home...:halo:

jazzpants
11-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately, this one is local for me, so I am planning to live at home...:halo:Got an extra room??? :halo: :lol: :P (Just kidding!!! Really!!!)

doubletoe
11-15-2006, 07:59 PM
There will not be a shuttle. You'll need to rent a car. But the main rink and practice rink are a mere block away from each other, so there's no driving necessary to get to practice ice. Just from hotel to rink and restaurants.

What is the name of the "practice rink" 1 block away? Is it where the official warmups will be, or do you have 2 ice surfaces at the competition rink itself?

manleywoman
11-15-2006, 08:02 PM
What is the name of the "practice rink" 1 block away? Is it where the official warmups will be, or do you have 2 ice surfaces at the competition rink itself?
The main arena has 2 surfaces. All official warm ups will be on those, as is usually done at all past ANs. The practice ice is only for additional practice. I don't think it has an official name, I've just heard it referred to as the rink on John Street.

There are links to the Edge Ice Arena on the ANs site, but their direct link is
http://www.bensenville.il.us/REC_Ice/index.asp

cecealias
11-15-2006, 11:37 PM
So you are thinking of competing, cecealias? I guess since you are working on doubles and have passed Intermediate MIF, you would be competing at Gold? Or are you Silver?

LOL depends on the budget!

Mrs Redboots
11-16-2006, 02:51 AM
Wish we could be there to watch you all and see Jazzpants' AN debut. Improbable, I'm afraid.... but we hope to see lots of you at Oberstdorf and the Mountain Cup. Those two announcements should be available soon, too, I expect.

Mel On Ice
11-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Last year, I went with 2 other people from my club (we left Monday and returned on Sunday) and here's what I ended up spending:

Hotel - $200 (Baymont Inn)
Rental Car - $100 (mini van from Alamo)
Flight - $250 (MDW-DFW)
Spending money (includes food & souvenirs) - $400 (I brought ~$650)
2 Practice Ice Sessions & Official Warm up - $40
Entry fees - $120

So, I spent roughly $1000 on everything for the week.

Hope that helps! :)

I really didn't want to see that spelled out! Argh!

flying~camel
11-16-2006, 09:24 AM
I really didn't want to see that spelled out! Argh!
Sorry, Mel! It really didn't seem like a lot until I added it all up! I can't believe we actually spent ~$1000 each for that trip! :-S

PreciseIce
11-16-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm thinking if will want to do ice dance next year for the competition ... haven't done it for a long time now... I think i'm prob a pre bronze or bronze for that!

jazzpants
11-16-2006, 12:05 PM
I really didn't want to see that spelled out! Argh!Me neither! And in my case, that's not including the new program and the dress that I want to put together for the FS event. Then again, for my AN debut (whether 2007 or 2008), I want it done right, so I'm willing to spend the money again for a local dressmaker to do the dress. Besides, I don't think that any of the "off the rack" dress would fit the music.

My numbers came out much higher than $1000 this year, but if I were to share a room and go semi-custom and stone my own dress (which in this case, thankfully it doesn't need), I probably could shave off a $100 here and there. This is the main reason why I'm currently on the fence on going to AN in 2007. It really depends on whether or not I can come up with that type of $$$ by then and whether I want to "do things just right." :giveup:

Mel... if I don't make it to Chicago, pls. keep the bubbly chilled for another year. I'll definitely see you for sure in AN 2008 and with a brand spankin' new FS program that hopefully, when it's done, it's worth the wait! (I have a vague idea what it will be, but I'll draw up the concept this Thanksgiving.)

Annabel: If you save up for AN 2008 and if it's in the locale that I was hoping it would be, I will definitely be there! My sekret source http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/images/smilies/sekret1.GIF tells me that their rink is putting in a bid for AN 2008 too and I want THAT rink to win the bid b/c airfare/driving won't be as expensive (meaning you willl likely get MORE participants going to AN...;) ) and you won't have to deal with the altitudes problems of Denver. Plus they have parking and decent grub nearby!!! :yum: And yes, this rink has MULTIPLE SHEETS of ice and very Adult Competitor friendly! ;) So start saving up and come by AN 2008 so I can meet you and Robert!

Mrs Redboots
11-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Annabel: If you save up for AN 2008 and if it's in the locale that I was hoping it would be, I will definitely be there! My sekret source http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/images/smilies/sekret1.GIF tells me that their rink is putting in a bid for AN 2008 too and I want THAT rink to win the bid b/c airfare/driving won't be as expensive (meaning you willl likely get MORE participants going to AN...;) ) and you won't have to deal with the altitudes problems of Denver. Plus they have parking and decent grub nearby!!! :yum: And yes, this rink has MULTIPLE SHEETS of ice and very Adult Competitor friendly! ;) So start saving up and come by AN 2008 so I can meet you and Robert!Well, we'll see. We'll be about due for another visit to the USA by then.... but no promises. This year will definitely be out, with the daughter's wedding the following weekend! Although if I haven't found anything to wear by then, I'll be tempted to do a quick shopping trip to the USA - American clothes look good on me. Why don't Dress Barn open a franchise over here??????

However, if anybody from your rink is doing the European comps this year, let me know - I can send you a little present to celebrate your debut as a Bronze Lady!

techskater
11-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Got an extra room??? :halo: :lol: :P (Just kidding!!! Really!!!)

Unfortunately, I already offered my spare room to a couple people. Sorry.

jazzpants
11-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately, I already offered my spare room to a couple people. Sorry.No worries! I really wasn't serious (though obviously if you DID have that room to spare that I strongly would have considered it... LOL!!! :lol: )

mikawendy
11-16-2006, 08:22 PM
I just looked up my aunt's house in Elmwood Park on Mapquest, and it says that it's a 16-minute drive from the rink! Sweet!!

MusicSkateFan
11-17-2006, 08:07 AM
No plans on going right now. I would have to take silver MIF and Freeskate on the same date (club test session is Jan 15) and then mail entry form the next day if I passed both! Not really interested in trying to rush the tests this year. The dates for AN are bad for me as well! It is right after my spring break and it will be VERY difficult for me to take that week off from work. As much as I luv Chicago I think I will just stay home and look at my Medal and Plate from 2006 AN and hopefully make it to 2008....who knows, maybe I will be a Gold Men III by then!

I will talk to my coach about it at my lesson tonight and see what his thoughts are. He feels my MIF are pretty strong right now so who knows!

TimDavidSkate
11-20-2006, 05:20 PM
All registered and ready to go 8-) Silver Men's FS 1

doubletoe
11-20-2006, 06:34 PM
No plans on going right now. I would have to take silver MIF and Freeskate on the same date (club test session is Jan 15) and then mail entry form the next day if I passed both! Not really interested in trying to rush the tests this year. The dates for AN are bad for me as well! It is right after my spring break and it will be VERY difficult for me to take that week off from work. As much as I luv Chicago I think I will just stay home and look at my Medal and Plate from 2006 AN and hopefully make it to 2008....who knows, maybe I will be a Gold Men III by then!

I will talk to my coach about it at my lesson tonight and see what his thoughts are. He feels my MIF are pretty strong right now so who knows!

Well, I'll certainly miss seeing you at AN this year, but I'm sure there will be some very relieved Silver men, LOL!

flo
11-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Jazz - Don't let the dress hold you up... there are ways
Pm me.

PattyP
11-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Jazz - Don't let the dress hold you up... there are ways
Pm me.

No kidding! No excuses Jazzpants. We all want to see you there.

I'll be there as I haven't missed an AN since my first in 1999.

TimDavidSkate
11-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Re: maneuver events, do the people in the group just split up the $ fee I guess?

PattyP
11-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I just booked my flight!

$237 with tax, non-stop from Long Beach, CA! Jet Blue.

I guess I'm committed now. 8O

doubletoe
11-21-2006, 04:39 PM
I just booked my flight!

$237 with tax, non-stop from Long Beach, CA! Jet Blue.

I guess I'm committed now. 8O

Ooohh!!! I hadn't even thought about Jet Blue! What a great idea! :D

PattyP
11-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Ooohh!!! I hadn't even thought about Jet Blue! What a great idea! :D

I thought you might be interested!! Some of the flights have already gone up from $109 to $199(one way), which is why I booked today. I now have to leave early on Sunday morning instead of the afternoon, but for $90, I can get up early...;)

flo
11-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Anyone notice the different description of interpretive categories this year? Where did they come from, the LOC?

TimDavidSkate
11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
They moved the Championship Gold Men to Saturday 8O

coskater64
11-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, I just entered AN and sectionals, I hope to be better by then, I am learning my new program a scandalously long 3.30 I will most likely have a heart attack but so long as it fits my graceful music, what can it hurt.

Oh well:lol:

daisies
11-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Anyone notice the different description of interpretive categories this year? Where did they come from, the LOC?
They were written by an Interp subcommittee of the Adult Skating Committee and then approved by the Committee itself. Hope you like the results!

flo
11-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi,
Thanks Dasies. Not sure yet. As I read it, anything with a discernable theme would go under light entertainment/comedy. Anything skated without one is artistic/dramatic. I've considered mine artistic, but not light entertainment/comedy.
What's your read?

daisies
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
As I read it, anything with a discernable theme would go under light entertainment/comedy. Anything skated without one is artistic/dramatic.
What's your read?
Hi Flo! I don't really have a read on it since I was on the subcommittee! IMO, it's pretty cut and dry. Programs with themes don't necessarily go under Light Entertainment/Comedy -- consider something like Madame Butterfly, which has a theme but is dramatic (unless, of course, you do something comedic with it); "The Impossible Dream" from Man Of La Mancha -- also themed but dramatic; or even a dramatic tango.

If the music and the program are serious -- or even abstract -- in nature, they belong in dramatic/artistic. If the music and program are lighthearted and/or funny, they belong in light entertainment/comedy.

flo
11-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks! That helps. I like that abstract part.
Thinking...thinking....

manleywoman
11-27-2006, 04:39 PM
They moved the Championship Gold Men to Saturday 8O
Yes, The original tentative schedule we had up there was wrong, so it's been corrected. What is up there now is the latest correct version.

badaxel
11-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Okay- I'm new at this competing thing, and I tried really hard to figure it out, but I'm confused, as usual. I thought that Sectionals was to qualify for nationals, but now I'm thinking that I might have been wrong about that, as I see that there are qualifying rounds at AN. Is Sectionals just for practice, then? I don't get it? If I want to skate at the Silver level, what do I have to do to qualify? HELP!:giveup:

daisies
11-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Okay- I'm new at this competing thing, and I tried really hard to figure it out, but I'm confused, as usual. I thought that Sectionals was to qualify for nationals, but now I'm thinking that I might have been wrong about that, as I see that there are qualifying rounds at AN. Is Sectionals just for practice, then? I don't get it? If I want to skate at the Silver level, what do I have to do to qualify? HELP!:giveup:

Both sectionals and nationals are open competitions that anyone who has passed the required tests can enter. However, there are special "championship" events that skaters can enter at sectionals, and if they place in the top 4 there, they move on to these events at nationals; they are sort of the "marquee" events at nationals, but the rest of the competition is entirely open.

That being said, however, per USFSA rules, if there are more than 18 skaters in a group, the group must be divided. So the qualifying rounds you are seeing on the nationals schedule are those divided groups. The top placers in those events (number will depend on entries) move on to the final rounds of those events.

For Silver, there is currently no "championship" event. So you just enter your appropriate event at nationals, and then if you come in the top whatever in your qualifying (again, depends on the number of entries), then you skate in the final round.

For some, sectionals is just for practice. Some people like to get their programs out there in front of the judges and work out any kinks. But you get to compete against more than just people from your area, as many people come from all over the section.

I hope that made sense! Good luck!

jazzpants
11-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Okay- I'm new at this competing thing, and I tried really hard to figure it out, but I'm confused, as usual. I thought that Sectionals was to qualify for nationals, but now I'm thinking that I might have been wrong about that, as I see that there are qualifying rounds at AN. Is Sectionals just for practice, then? I don't get it? If I want to skate at the Silver level, what do I have to do to qualify? HELP!:giveup:Okay, lemme try at this...

It depends on the event, but in general Silver and Bronze skaters do NOT have qualifying events at Sectionals for Nationals! All qualifying events at Sectionals for Nationals typically has the words "Championship" attached to it. So in this case, "Championship Masters", "Championship Adult Gold", "Championship Dance", "Championship Pairs."

Clear as mud? :lol: :P

TimDavidSkate
11-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Yes, The original tentative schedule we had up there was wrong, so it's been corrected. What is up there now is the latest correct version.

o ok, (just hoping that silver men's will stay the same) already booked everything :halo:

manleywoman
11-28-2006, 11:22 AM
o ok, (just hoping that silver men's will stay the same) already booked everything :halo:
For both your sake and mine (because if the schedule changes much I and the other organizers will incur the wrath of the ANs population even though the referee is responsible for the schedule) I hope it stays the same too!!:lol:

MusicSkateFan
11-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Well if I WERE to go again I certainly would NOT book my flight or hotel until they publish the FINAL schedule! Last year was a DISASTER and I know people say it was Just Dallas but things happen and schedules change!

It is tempting seeing the Silver Men is on Saturday but I am not going to rush through two tests between now and Jan 15! It is just not going to happen this year for me! Just to have them move the event to Wed or Thurs!

I think my silver free is going to need to be re-worked again! I am not liking the timing of the beginning 30 seconds.....I have to get in an opening spiral, a lutz,flip sequence and a camel spin! I skate fairly fast....but I just cant make it happen right now!

AND my right boot is coming apart and no one will fix it! I feel a $700.00 new boot bill coming!:twisted:

badaxel
11-28-2006, 11:47 AM
That being said, however, per USFSA rules, if there are more than 18 skaters in a group, the group must be divided. So the qualifying rounds you are seeing on the nationals schedule are those divided groups. The top placers in those events (number will depend on entries) move on to the final rounds of those events.

Thanks! That helps a lot. Just to clarify, then- if there are 18 or fewer skaters, there will be no qualifying round at the silver level, right? I am mostly just wondering because of the schedule- I don't know if I should plan to be there on Wednesday or Friday! Thanks again for your help.

Debbie S
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
For both your sake and mine (because if the schedule changes much I and the other organizers will incur the wrath of the ANs population even though the referee is responsible for the schedule) I hope it stays the same too!!:lol:Any idea whether the Bronze Ladies' events that don't require a QR (probably I and II, like last year) will be held on Wednesday or Friday? Last year, I think they were both on Wednesday, but the year before, I think the Bronze (old) I event was on Friday, with the other finals, b/c that group didn't have a QR then, either.

Personally, I think having those events on Friday makes more sense, b/c it is a final for those skaters. Last year, IIRC, Bronze I and II were held first thing Wed morning - for those skaters, AN was over before most people had arrived (or woke up).

flying~camel
11-28-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't know if I should plan to be there on Wednesday or Friday! Thanks again for your help.

Plan to be there Wednesday - even if there are fewer than 18 in your age level, you will still skate on Wednesday (there were 10 of us in Bronze I this year, and we were the 1st event on Wednesday morning).

TimDavidSkate
11-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Well if I WERE to go again I certainly would NOT book my flight or hotel until they publish the FINAL schedule! Last year was a DISASTER and I know people say it was Just Dallas but things happen and schedules change!

It is tempting seeing the Silver Men is on Saturday but I am not going to rush through two tests between now and Jan 15! It is just not going to happen this year for me! Just to have them move the event to Wed or Thurs!

I think my silver free is going to need to be re-worked again! I am not liking the timing of the beginning 30 seconds.....I have to get in an opening spiral, a lutz,flip sequence and a camel spin! I skate fairly fast....but I just cant make it happen right now!

AND my right boot is coming apart and no one will fix it! I feel a $700.00 new boot bill coming!:twisted:

Yeh I remember watching the boards B*tch b/c of the schedule jumping all over the place. I am just paranoid on getting things done early so I dont have to worry about them. Since I will be using my airline miles I'm ok with the plane situation. I plan to arrive at Chicago on Thursday - AM to get settled anyways.

Maybe you should get your boot stiched up? or temporarily wrap it with duct tape. (I have to duct tape my boots for at least 2 more years until these things break down then I take them to get stiched up) What kind of boots do you have?

manleywoman
11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Any idea whether the Bronze Ladies' events that don't require a QR (probably I and II, like last year) will be held on Wednesday or Friday? Last year, I think they were both on Wednesday, but the year before, I think the Bronze (old) I event was on Friday, with the other finals, b/c that group didn't have a QR then, either.
That would really depend on the number of entries. According to the schedule (again, I just put it on the site, didn't create it!) I would assume if a Bronze group had no Q-Round, then the event is Friday only.

ie: don't buy your plane tickets until after the close of entries and an updated schedule come out!

daisies
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks! That helps a lot. Just to clarify, then- if there are 18 or fewer skaters, there will be no qualifying round at the silver level, right? I am mostly just wondering because of the schedule- I don't know if I should plan to be there on Wednesday or Friday! Thanks again for your help.
The splitting of groups is at the referee's discretion, so I can't answer that as an absolute.

IMHO, if you don't intend to be there the whole week, I'd wait til the final schedule comes out to make your plans. Things can change -- as we all know!

Debbie S
11-28-2006, 02:50 PM
ie: don't buy your plane tickets until after the close of entries and an updated schedule come out!Any idea when that will be? Obviously, it will be after the Sectionals, but how long after? Last year, I remember that most of the frustration resulted from the final schedule not being announced until about 2 weeks before the comp. Since one needs to make airline and hotel reservations (and book practice ice) before that in order to receive any and all discounts, people had no choice but to use the "tentative schedule" as the guide, and as we know, the initial "final" version was radically different.

manleywoman
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Any idea when that will be?
No, as again, I'm not the referee. However we are all aware (referee included) of the problems that happened last year. So I don't imagine the schedule will change radically from the tentative one, as from my understanding a lot of thought and past experience was put into it. I would wait as long as you can on buying tickets, but the last and final Sectionals is a while month before ANs (unlike the close gap between the two last year) so hopefully everyone will have enough time to plan.

Having said that, there's no way to make everyone happy. So we're doing the best we can juggling everything to keep the problems to a minimum.

MusicSkateFan
11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
My boots are Graf edmonton specials and they actually split not just the stitiching.....I have been to two cobblers and both say their machines are not strong enough to re stitch...it probably will be duct tape time for a while!

mikawendy
01-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Bumpity bump!

Several questions about AN. (Sorry, I'm a newbie when it comes to AN...)

The announcement says the competition dates are 4/10 to 4/15, but the tentative schedule posted has events only on 4/11-4/14. I know the schedule is only tentative, but why does the annoucement have the additional 2 days? Is that because practice ice is offered on several days before the first event on 4/11? Or are the extra days listed just in case there are so many entries that events have to be spread across more days than initially planned?

Also, a question about ordering credentials and event passes (I can also e-mail the LOC about this, but I thought I'd ask here first). It says that there is one free coach credential. Is this to be used only for coaches? Or, if a coach is not coming, can the credential be used for any other adult? Also, does a competitor's credential provide access to all events, or would I have to also buy an all-event ticket?

Also, is there a cost for a spectator who wants to come only to a few events? I have family in the area, and they won't be able to (and probably wouldn't want to) watch all of the events, but they might be interested in seeing a few events. I couldn't tell from the ticket form whether there is a cost for select events.

NoVa Sk8r
01-07-2007, 12:12 PM
It starts earlier because there are practice times available on that Tues. before the competition begins (most, if not all, practices that occur after the first event has started are on the other practice facility).
Also, on the final day, the Sunday, I think there is a Centennial dance or some social dance. Plus, I think the extra day gives the referee an additional day for events that might spill over.

manleywoman
01-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Also, a question about ordering credentials and event passes (I can also e-mail the LOC about this, but I thought I'd ask here first). It says that there is one free coach credential. Is this to be used only for coaches? Or, if a coach is not coming, can the credential be used for any other adult?

My understanding is you can use it for another adult. If they are standing at the boards with you hoilding your tissues and water, they are your "coach."

Also, does a competitor's credential provide access to all events, or would I have to also buy an all-event ticket?

The competitor's credential is your pass to all other events. No need to buy an extra ticket for yourself.

Also, is there a cost for a spectator who wants to come only to a few events? I have family in the area, and they won't be able to (and probably wouldn't want to) watch all of the events, but they might be interested in seeing a few events. I couldn't tell from the ticket form whether there is a cost for select events.
They buy a day pass. They can't buy for select events. It's by the day, so if all the events they want to see are on one day, they buy a pass for that day. If they want to see events spread out over a few days, it would be cheaper for them to buy the pass for the whole length of ANs.

skaternum
01-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Also, a question about ordering credentials and event passes (I can also e-mail the LOC about this, but I thought I'd ask here first). It says that there is one free coach credential. Is this to be used only for coaches? Or, if a coach is not coming, can the credential be used for any other adult? Also, does a competitor's credential provide access to all events, or would I have to also buy an all-event ticket?The coach's credential is supposed to be used for someone who is functioning as your coach. It's not a freebie ticket for general use. Page 6 of the announcement specifically says that the credential must be requested for a coach who must be a member of USFSA and PSA.

Also, is there a cost for a spectator who wants to come only to a few events? I have family in the area, and they won't be able to (and probably wouldn't want to) watch all of the events, but they might be interested in seeing a few events. I couldn't tell from the ticket form whether there is a cost for select events.As I recall from last year, I THINK you can get a daily pass. I can't remember if you can buy for a single event. I doubt it because the scheduling is so dynamic. It's not like standard Nationals where you know for sure that Jr. Pairs will start at 5 pm. AN runs like a nonqualifying comp, in that events may run really early or really behind.

Hope you have a great time at your first AN! It's such a blast!

Mrs Redboots
01-08-2007, 02:09 AM
Certainly two years ago there was a social dance event on the Sunday morning, which Husband and I, who had been attending AN in Overland Park, Ks, as spectators, joined in with. It was fabulous, and if you dance - even if it's not your main discipline - I do recommend it!