View Full Version : A good place to buy Blades.

Jeanmarie
11-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm giddily awaiting the birth of my custom Klingbeil's and need to get blades. I have settled on MK Professionals (parabolic), but don't know of a good place to purchase them, on-line or otherwise. I'm on Long Island, and so far no one has my size, 10 3/4, in stock.
Any suggestions??

Skittl1321
11-11-2006, 09:32 AM
When I was looking I found that tidewaterice http://www.tidewaterice.com/blades.htm had great prices. You have to email for the price quotes though. I don't know if they have the parabolic but they are an MK dealer.

I didn't end up buying them there, but have purchased other things from them.

dbny
11-11-2006, 10:00 AM
If they have what you want, the very best price is from Mike at Cantiague. You can reach him at MIGOLD22@aol.com. I'll PM his cell number to you.

Casey
11-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm pretty sure Klingbeil can sell you and mount whatever blade you like...have you asked Don?

dbny
11-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty sure Klingbeil can sell you and mount whatever blade you like...have you asked Don?

They don't sell blades, but will mount them for you if you bring them or have them sent there.

TaBalie
11-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Actually, Klingbeil does sell blades (sort of) -- or they can order them for you at a good price. I got fitted when I was in NY in September (I am not ready to buy new skates, but I figured I would get fitted while I was out there), and the price they gave me for MK Phantoms was like $380 (as opposed to $440 or so at Rainbo). So they don't keep them in stock, but they can get whatever blade you need at a pretty good price, and then of course mount them for you.

doubletoe
11-11-2006, 01:34 PM
I recently bought new blades at www.Skatemall.com for about $100 less than I would have had to pay at any of my local skate shops. Service was good, and since they are in Colorado, I didn't have to pay sales tax! :D

techskater
11-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Actually, Klingbeil does sell blades (sort of) -- or they can order them for you at a good price. I got fitted when I was in NY in September (I am not ready to buy new skates, but I figured I would get fitted while I was out there), and the price they gave me for MK Phantoms was like $380 (as opposed to $440 or so at Rainbo). So they don't keep them in stock, but they can get whatever blade you need at a pretty good price, and then of course mount them for you.

Yep, Harlick will do the same.

russiet
11-12-2006, 07:07 AM
I bought my MK Pros here http://www.skates.com/ last August. It was the best price (including shipping) I found at the time.