View Full Version : Skate sharpenings in NY

sue123
11-08-2006, 08:45 AM
From everything I've gathered, there are no good sharpeners in NYC, so you have to drive to either LI or NJ. I went to school in LI, so I always got my skates sharpened either by Dante at Cozzi Sports in newbridge, or by Tim at Skate for Gold. Is one better than the other? Now that I got nicer blades, I don't want to screw them up. I'll be in LI on Nov. 16 for a med school interview, so I figured I could stop by afterwards to get my skates sharpened. But which one should I go to?

dbny
11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
They are both reputed to be top notch. I know that Tim sharpens for some of the elite skaters, and would not be surprised if Dante does also (but don't know). Whichever you go to, do call first and be sure that Tim or Dante himself will be there to do the sharpening, then stay while it's being done.

froggy
11-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Tim is very good for the sharpenings, i went to donte once and that was the last time too. Call up the store and like the above message says make sure he is in, there are two stores that he runs,one in hicksville and one in syosset at iceworks arena; he is at syosset more often, its worth the trip. good luck website is skateforgold.com