View Full Version : SpTeri SuperDeluxe 570 boots- Are they heat moldabl?Help wanted

zerio
11-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi List

Ive just imported from US a pair of SPTeri ProDeluxe 570 boots to mount on my MK blades because my old WIFAs have become too tight and not wide enough. after many years... yup..after many years..I wanna be back to ice...I am totally rusted. Am 46yo now.I could easily be the Santa Claus at the ice show..LOL.....but I am ready to go for it because where else can I get the feeling of freedon , music,friends gathering and on the top to have a lot of fun and to be in shape again(hopefully) thru an aerobic activity?? Better than that would be if I had a sponsorship or if were paid to skate....it wouldnt be a bad idea...

Ok..after this quick introduction... I really need some help. ..Oh well..little did I know that when we buy skating items by distance(got no other choice) troubles can really happen. The boots are not wide enough in the ball area and my disappointment is immense.. so ..my only hope is to be sure that my boots model are heat moldable so I can fidn a way to make them bearable to wear them...toship them back...its such a red tape and costy and so its unthinkable..

I also have problems to lace them...the lace is very wide...ie the problem found with my old WIFA has remained...my hope is that they are heat moldable.

So, are the SPTERI boots Super De Luxe 570 heat moldable??? Is there any chance that I can use an ordinary oven ..I mean the one with fire on the bottom of it- to try to mold those boots, even in case they are not heat moldable??

I would very much appreciate any input from the list members. I am lost.

In advance I thank you all verymuch indeed.

Greetings from sunny Rio,Brazil

Zerio

dbny
11-07-2006, 05:53 PM
You'll have a better chance of replies if you post in the On Ice - Skaters (http://skatingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16) forum. I've sent a note to the moderators to suggest moving your post to it.

dbny
11-07-2006, 05:55 PM
To the moderator who reads my alert - sorry, I didn't read the fine print :oops:.

flippet
11-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Moved. What fine print?

flippet
11-07-2006, 06:05 PM
I have no idea if the skates are heat moldable, but if they're brand new, I would guess so. I think most makers are using the heat moldable materials now.

I don't think I'd use an oven that employs an open flame, though! 8O

TaBalie
11-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Even if they are heat moldable, if they are too narrow, they will be too narrow no matter what you do to them. Heat molding can help with sticking out bones, toes, etc... But for all around general width, it won't be enough. How much were they? Is there any way to send them back? It is sooooo torturous to be in a pair of boots that doesn't fit, expecially when they are too narrow :(

http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/department.cfm/id/01E556F0-475A-BAC0-5D33C084384AAD28

Is this your boot?:
http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/product.cfm/id/FAABA688-D610-7E99-D868DA7F52EFA226

They do not make the Deluxe model any more -- I had a pair and they were slightly too narrow (I had a 6C) and they were AWFUL. They were not heat moldable. Now I wear a 5.5M in Graf (which are heat moldable).

Sorry I don't have better news! :(

zerio
11-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Even if they are heat moldable, if they are too narrow, they will be too narrow no matter what you do to them. Heat molding can help with sticking out bones, toes, etc... But for all around general width, it won't be enough. How much were they? Is there any way to send them back? It is sooooo torturous to be in a pair of boots that doesn't fit, expecially when they are too narrow :(

http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/department.cfm/id/01E556F0-475A-BAC0-5D33C084384AAD28

Is this your boot?:
http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/product.cfm/id/FAABA688-D610-7E99-D868DA7F52EFA226

They do not make the Deluxe model any more -- I had a pair and they were slightly too narrow (I had a 6C) and they were AWFUL. They were not heat moldable. Now I wear a 5.5M in Graf (which are heat moldable).

Sorry I don't have better news! :(

Thank you all for the hints..as time goes by the less nails are left over....guess Id thorwn money away,,,,however theyre larger than WIFA... thou WIFA was the lightest boot in the 80s!! When many of you were only little kids...they were thebest..the whole HOI used to wear them.

I will certainly be careful with the flame...but I have no alternative..Illddo it tomooroow and let you all know about it..I wish I could post pix to share this adventure... LOL would be guaranteeed...YOU BET!!!

I had to get the strongest boots on the market because I am BIG.

Had tied the hair dryer..didnt happen anything...I might use an oilto prevent any damage on the painting...

BTW..the boots are found at:
http://www.prosedgesports.com/products/product_add.asp?id=61&strType=skates

So... as you can see they mention HEAT MOLDABLE,

Since I am from the dinassaurs skating age when the boots were immersed in water and then streched out... I believe this model is indeed heat model.My firends had shipped to me the brochure apart..a real marathon..to ship to a friend than to me... the lenght is ok...I can move toe a bit...Iknwo the ball area always strech a bit..so I still got some hope...but if soemone wanna send me a Klingbeil or Riedell Coach...PLEASE SIZE 10, Ok!! LOL...

I will carry on reading the coming messages..but Id liketo thank each of you.. you guys are great and once you travelabroad you may understand how hard certain things very easily done in US are almost impossible... still dream on wiht Klingbeils and JW Gold SealParabolic... but at the moment...my chance is to get this one to make it work out..I saw on the tradings Casey offering boots and blades..he had never replied me...I could get the Graf boots fixed here...but in the other hand I believe that those particular boots might be too big...

ANy new idea ....will be very welcomed...may to leave the boots on a shoe repair place they can get the boots wider and more comforable but before that..Ill try to "cook them" at my oven...willkeep you all informed... wanna do my classical sequence again..my toe loop and axel...or doubel sachow with double toe loop plus soemthing from roller skating...travelling camel...but it will take me sometime..but..my startign poiint is THE NEW BOOTS..

ok folks...donnations are apreciated...:( guess I ll have to carry on dreaming jumps etc as I hear some cuts...

THANK YOU VERY VEYR MUCH YOU TO YOU ALL..HOEP YOU COULD ALSO LUAGH A BIT WITH THIS BIZARRE STORY...

Tchau

Zerio
fromRIO

zerio
11-07-2006, 07:02 PM
You'll have a better chance of replies if you post in the On Ice - Skaters (http://skatingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16) forum. I've sent a note to the moderators to suggest moving your post to it.

Thanks dbny...Ive just found this tread is on the ice skaters forum.....

Thank you all very much indeed.Perhaps some of you who had already faced similar difficulties can better understand what Ive been going thru...

Anyway.shouldnt I find the "HEAT MOLDABLE" icone in the boot?? as I said its supposed to be according to this :
http://www.prosedgesports.com/products/product_add.asp?id=61&strType=skates

In the 70s I was a roller skater...went to Dayton and met everyone there..it was great...good people indeed!! Later on the old glentleman, the legendary owner from Pack&Goodie in NYC.... FRIEND of skaters like him...is one in a million... now..I am lost...as Id said..amschoecke dto find how htings have changed in the past 20 years ...and the internet has been the only way we can help each other to carry on this trip....The trip of Life...so..lets go skating..and BE HAPPY...

Ill share some images as soon as I find a way to upload them to the forum..unless I must have them published somewhere and get the link only...

NAMASTE

Zerio
Rio

TaBalie
11-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Be careful -- they should only be heated in a *convection* oven -- a regular oven won't work at all. And those are the same skates I had, and they are not heat moldable -- I think that website is incorrect, unfortunately. The pictures are of custom skates, etc - not necessarily your model. The models currently made by SP are, but not the discontinued models.

You may be able to sell them at your rink etc... I hate to think of them getting cooked (which is what would happen to any skates in a regular oven, heat-moldable or not) and then all your money will be wasted. Is it possible to sell them (ebay, etc) and then get a pair?

Also, just because you are big, doesn't mean you need a the stiffest boot on the market. What is your height weight (in general), and what moves are you doing? Maybe the board can suggest some alternatives that will be a better match.

doubletoe
11-07-2006, 07:15 PM
It's true, even heat molding will not stretch them out enouh if they are too narrow for your foot. You only have one pair of feet in this life, so it IS worth the money to ship them back and have them send you the correct size. I got my SP Teris in a combination width (one size wider in the ball than the heel, for example, C-B). It doesn't cost much more, but it keeps my heel from slipping up in the boot.

zerio
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
It's true, even heat molding will not stretch them out enouh if they are too narrow for your foot. You only have one pair of feet in this life, so it IS worth the money to ship them back and have them send you the correct size. I got my SP Teris in a combination width (one size wider in the ball than the heel, for example, C-B). It doesn't cost much more, but it keeps my heel from slipping up in the boot.

You are absolutely right. Perhpas , I should take my hats off for you guys...in US you have almost no taxations...the boots we are talking about would cost me more 500USd with shipping and taxes on the top of the price Id already paid...have you ever thought about 1,000USD plus for a pair of boots??? Id go for Klingbeils or risport or Belati( the best optimzation..unbeatable)..

Ill read the answer tomorrow..I fear I wont be able to sleep if I come to accept I did made a BIG mistake.

But Ill do the heat molding as well as the pressure stretching in special shoe repairing shops. Then, I ll share the result with the list..its to try to put the boots aside and to rrder new ones...probaly risport SRF2..sued or Belati..defenitely the widest ones...good for big heels, ball areas and ankles measurements.Of course,its IMHO.

What do you all think? I know there are other big men skaters in the list..hey you guys...any thoughts???

Thanks again

Zerio
RIO

dbny
11-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Moved. What fine print?

When you click the icon to report a post, there is fine print under the text box:

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

I spotted it just as I clicked to send the message.

In the 70s I was a roller skater.

I was a roller skater in the 60's!

wanna do my classical sequence again..my toe loop and axel...or doubel sachow with double toe loop plus soemthing from roller skating...travelling camel...

You know, I was just thinking about the travelling camel, which is quite common in roller skating, but very rarely seen on the ice. I think it must be much more difficult on ice because of the lack of friction and the need to check. I'm guessing that makes it very hard to control when it gets going. I've seen it on ice just once. Can't remember who did it, maybe someone else has seen it on ice and knows who does/did it.

zerio
11-07-2006, 11:59 PM
You know, I was just thinking about the travelling camel, which is quite common in roller skating, but very rarely seen on the ice. I think it must be much more difficult on ice because of the lack of friction and the need to check. I'm guessing that makes it very hard to control when it gets going. I've seen it on ice just once. Can't remember who did it, maybe someone else has seen it on ice and knows who does/did it.

Ok..you must be from NYC dont you? FOlks from NYC area must recall Packie And Goodies...and since you were skating in the 60s... you certainly heard about it..

Regarding to travelling camel Ive seen Robin Cousins, he also used to do a sorta camel position using inside edges stopings. I think Dorothy Hammil ,,,dont know btu theres also a female skater that Ive seen..pls correct me if Im wrong.Indeed , I find it easier to do travelling camels on ice ..my left leg spins had always been poor...outsideforward/inside backwards... but since I couldmovethe axel...( to travel...I could do a nice travellign camel...) the trransiction to ice was great...I used to end up with the butterfly..so I used to use only thepwoer and speed on my favor and had not toworry abotu cotnrolling...if i had to find the axel,sit spin...change to outsidebackwards camel and spin to finalized Id be dead....LOL.... I also recall some tricks I used to do to make my life eaiser on the lutz jumps... I used to skate in the opposite direction forcing the outside edge to be kept on the ice and take off...( hard to put into words...here...) but if Id normally swtiched the driection I was going to ...and everyone knew soon Id goback to the clockwise skatin keepin the otudise edge...and jump... but forme...my terror had always been LUTZ...has no explaination except that it was my worst injury... on skating...still on quads.Took coach in Columbus OH in 77.

Ok...dont wanna get off the topic so much..thou I could write a lot here and make you all lol...etc... but ...for now...its almost4am here... and after less than an hour with the boots on...my feet need an orthopedist... I guess I really need other boots... in the past...boots should be terribly tight etc..I guess the technology and everything else make this type of skater nitemare obsolete. Perhaps I need a custom boot... my measures are :
length 27,5 cm or 10.8in
Ball 27cm or 10.6 in
Instep 28cm or 11in
Heel 28 cm or 11in
Above Anckle 37cm or 14.6 in
Thus a 10B Spteri that has 31/4 width is like torture indeed..:( impossible to skate with those boots for more than 10minutes.

But ...I guess the worst conclusion of all is that I might end up in need of a new blade to fit the new boots...thou I still have hope that Risport or Belati.. real very wide boots might be helpful.. in particular Belati due to the uinbeatable price for the top of line...Gold for ice and Piuma for quad/inline.
I am still very confused...and the worst of all is to have the clearest understanding that noone might be able to help me... I was alerted...but I was in a hurry...so...the only thing I can try is to burn the boots out..and try heat moldability.HOPEFULLY MORE POSTINGS WILL BE HERE TO READ so I wont burn them out if they dont have this feature..

Then, Ill come back here to share the next episode

Thank yall

Happy Skating...
ZERIO

Mrs Redboots
11-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Be careful -- they should only be heated in a *convection* oven -- a regular oven won't work at all. Hmmm, we managed to do Husband's very nicely in a regular gas oven! Mine, we found, didn't need it - but, alas, the heat moulding is only for the ankle bones and doesn't do the toe-box.

You can, however, stretch the toe-box. There is stuff on the market that will soften leather and then you can stretch it out with either a tool made for the purpose or even just a bit of dowelling or something. Mine stretched out very comfortably with a bottle of lavender essential oil, which just happened to be the exact right size!

dbny
11-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Ok..you must be from NYC dont you? FOlks from NYC area must recall Packie And Goodies...and since you were skating in the 60s... you certainly heard about it..

I didn't grow up in NYC and quit roller when I moved there. I do remember Peck & Goody though, because I bought my daughter's first real ice skates there many years ago. I even bought her first skate bag there, which says "Peck & Goody" on it.

Team Arthritis
11-08-2006, 11:09 AM
You can stretch the toe box using a boot stretcher - I've posted about this before. Find the one with the long metal handle - the trick is to cut a piece of wood the right shape to hold them in the toe of the boot as you crank them open because the taper of the toebox makes the stretcher slide backwards right when it starts to work :frus:

Welcome to AOSS
Lyle

zerio
11-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Dear List...Dear Friends at Skating Forum

Thank you very very much for all the hints ,advices ...privetely or not

So good to meet other folks who are also in the same page going back to skating after years... sounds tome that the Skating bug is for lifetime, isnt it?

Thanks for the warm welcome I found here thru each one of the messages.

I willl keep you informed about all of that..and then...how the ice returning Ill make available on line..will post a link...big grins are guaranteed...

Tchau

ZERIO
RIO

Casey
11-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi zerio,

I got your PM and your E-mail today. Sorry I didn't notice your reply in the other thread...I don't check it very often.

If I read things right, you want the boots as well as the blades. Well, they are stock size 10.5, so they'd be slightly longer than your SP Teri size 10's, but I really really don't recommend using them because they are coming apart, and the mounting of the right blade is bad. The mounting could probably be fixed without too much trouble, but I really don't recommend using the boots. That's why I said in the other thread that the boots were free. ;) (And yes, the coaching fund was just me being sarcastic, because I spent all my money on new skates, instead of buying lessons which I cannot afford :P ).

I've also talked to a friend who does international shipping, and the cost of shipment to Brazil from here would be quite high.

Just to estimate:
Ship From / To San mateo, 94401, U.S.A. > Rio de janeiro, 20000, Brazil on November 8, 2006.
1 package 10.0 lbs Your Packaging 12 x 12 x 12 inches 46 USD
6:00 PM Fri Nov 10, 2006 FedEx International PriorityŽ $237.22
6:00 PM Thu Nov 16, 2006 FedEx International EconomyŽ $213.60

That doesn't include customs duties, taxes, fuel surcharges, etc. and in Brazil they're notorious for charging a lot for that. Plus if you were to not pay the fees to accept the package, they stick the US sender with the bill.

So it seems quite expensive to arrange, and I don't feel entirely comfortable with it. It almost seems cheaper to travel to the US to buy skates. 8O

Can you wait a bit? I know of a friend who goes to Brazil every now and again - I can ask him to find out next time he is going, and then I could ship them to him and he might be able to simply bring them along when he comes again...but it might be considerable time.

Are there many places to skate in .br?

zerio
11-08-2006, 02:12 PM
HI Casey..

Ok..from what I read the boots are in poor conditions and still I must get the rigth foot realigned ie new holes must be made near the old ones...and it means..if the boots are falling apart ..then...its probably that theres no way to remount the right blade...at least, I dont know how..because the holes would be too close to one another... a big hole will be the result for the 2 adjacent holes to remount the right blade...well..plstake your time there while I take my time here...perhaps , it would be better just wait for your friend...it would be cheaper than any other alternative and if it doesnt work out..I wouldnt be frustrated.

Thanks

Zerio
RIO

doubletoe
11-08-2006, 02:13 PM
You can stretch the toe box using a boot stretcher - I've posted about this before. Find the one with the long metal handle - the trick is to cut a piece of wood the right shape to hold them in the toe of the boot as you crank them open because the taper of the toebox makes the stretcher slide backwards right when it starts to work :frus:

Welcome to AOSS
Lyle

But the toe box is not the ball of the foot. The ball of the foot really needs to be wide enough. . .

doubletoe
11-08-2006, 02:25 PM
You said ProDeluxe but then later you said Super Deluxe. Do you have the SP Teri Super Deluxe boots? If so, this boot is probably too stiff for you and will be very difficult for you to break in (this is for skaters doing double jumps and skating rather aggressively, with deep knee bend). I have had two pairs of SP Teri Super Deluxe and I must admit I was very glad that they have discontinued them and replaced them with the KT-2, which offers the same support but is SO much easier to break in!

zerio
11-08-2006, 02:35 PM
You said ProDeluxe but then later you said Super Deluxe. Do you have the SP Teri Super Deluxe boots? If so, this boot is probably too stiff for you and will be very difficult for you to break in (this is for skaters doing double jumps and skating rather aggressively, with deep knee bend). I have had two pairs of SP Teri Super Deluxe and I must admit I was very glad that they have discontinued them and replaced them with the KT-2, which offers the same support but is SO much easier to break in!

Hi doubletoe

Indeed they are SpTeri Super DeLuxe... you are right... they are the stiffest ones..I am very big and heavy and I am not confident to be able to do everything I used to ..but at least a single axel, double toe loop sequence...double salchows;;to ensure they would not break I had to get the stiffest boots...I do enjoy agressive ,freestyle...this was the reason Id chosen for those boots. But as you could read... I have hard time to get item here..not only costs a leg but its not easily available..definitely a boot that takes age to break in is more suitable for my profile and reality..

Still need to confirm whether or not they are heat moldable..SP Teris emails bounces back...anwyay, I hope you can tell me...ARE THEY HEAT MOLDABLE? I am ready to cook them..:yum:

Thanks

Zerio
RIO

doubletoe
11-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh, that's good. I had not realized you were already a fairly experienced skater. And since you are bigger and heavier, that stiffness probably would not be too much for you.

Okay, I just called SP Teri for you and asked about your boots. The guy told me the Super Deluxe 570 IS heat moldable. You need to put them in a convection oven (not a regular oven) for about 4 minutes at a temperature of 150-175 F, then immediately put them on and lace them up, keeping them on your feet until they cool down. (I found it helpful to actually do some knee bends in them while doing this). I also recommend having the ankles "punched out" on both sides (stretched in just a 5 cm diameter circle in that specific spot) and also the little toe area and/or ball of the foot. Punching out won't significantly stretch the overall width of the boot, but it will make room for a bone or toe that sticks out. You might also try having a pro shop or professional shoe repair shop stretch them out overnight.

zerio
11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Doubletoe...

My problems are similar to the ones you describe... The anckles are the worst part of all...as well as the above anckle..I got 14.6in for that spot!!!

Its just UNTHINKABLE..TOO COMPLICATED:?? :frus: to return the boots..and costy as well...

JUST FOUND AT THE USFSA THAT SPTERI SUPER DELUXE IS INDEED HEAT MOLDABLE:) ;)

Keep yall informed... I am very curious to what its going to be the next;;; hope it works out.

Thank yall indeed !!!

Zerio
RIO

beachbabe
11-08-2006, 05:56 PM
ictually switched to the super deluxes recently (well, maybe 6 months ago) and I have to say they are considerably stiffer than Jacksons.

The have really stretched very little since i got them and were an absolute nightmare to break in. They give really good support and i like them for that, but they are not the kind of boots you would want to buy in the wrong size because they take a very long time to strech very little.

I never got them heat molded, but I can tell you it won't do magic. Heat molding boots makes them more comfortable but its really important to get your size in the first place so you wont be in pain for a year as they break in.

doubletoe
11-08-2006, 06:01 PM
It's true, heat molding won't really make them any bigger, just a little softer. And what they don't tell you is that when the weather gets cold, they get a little harder again. . .

zerio
11-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Here I am again...NEED SOME GUIDANCE...MY FRIENDS!!

Ive never had a heat moldable boot...shall I take the laces out before I insert the boot in the convection oven???..Yup I did find a place where they cook ceramic objects that has the special oven..;)

Please, let me know if I must take the laces out before inserting the boots in the oven...I guess so..they might shrink or burn out because they are made out of sinthetic materials, riight?

The boots have been in a strecthing machine until monday..then , they will be sent to the place with that has the special oven.. please,let me know about the laces...Ok?

But now I also have another doubt? How am I going to put the lace back to the boots while they are hot and then wear the boots before it gets too cold to moldon my feet???

Pls... share your experiences with me...so I can multiply them as well.

Thanks in advance

Zerio
RIO

crayonskater
11-09-2006, 08:27 AM
I did my skates (Jackson Competitors) in a regular gas oven set to 200 degrees. Left them in for 10 minutes and then laced them up. I left the laces in the whole time.

This was on the recommendation of my coach and skate supplier.

flippet
11-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Can you control the temperature of your open-flame oven? If you can't, and you can't keep the boots well away from the flame, I think you're going to have a nicely cooked, even burned, pair of boots.

I seriously wouldn't do this, but hey, your money. :roll:

edit...I just saw that you're going to a place with a different kind of oven. That's better.

TaBalie
11-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Leave the laces in (when ou heat in a convection oven). Do one skate at a time...The skate should feel soft and sequeezable in your hands. Lace them up tight, and don't move/walk around. Wait until the boot is cool and hard again before doing to the second boot. Hope this helps!

doubletoe
11-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Also, your boot will not be too hot coming out of the oven, but the steel blade will be very hot! So bring something like an old cotton sheet, fold it over a few times and put it on the floor so you can put it under your blades when you put your skates on. Don't put soakers on your blades because they are not 100% cotton and the synthetic part could end up melting onto your blades.

zerio
11-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Hello My Friends

Firstly thanks for sharing your advises .I really appreciate it.

At the present time, the boots have been under strecthing at a shoe repair shop . Ill pick it up on Monday only.

I was able to find an attellier where they cook ceramic objects,the oven is supposed to be convection one....

Thou I did find at the USFSA website a pdf file that states SPTeriProDeluxe is heat moldable... the shoeman and the other believe that the laces will shrink or burn out because they are made of nylon...and the outsole is sorta wood...and it might burn out...

Is there any chance that you could give me a clue to verify whether or not the model I have is an old one without HEAT MOLDABLE feature?...it might be possible this is an old model.... I mean, could you describe outsole characteristics and laces ?

Here are my boots BC*(Before Cooking)..pls click on the images to enlarge them...by the images Im hoping someone can confirm the model is ok to go to the oven.... Although I love eating...pls..I dont wanna have boot cookies for lunch!!

http://thumb6.webshots.net/t/53/753/3/60/59/2606360590055034566cnpYTT_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2606360590055034566cnpYTT)

http://thumb6.webshots.net/t/20/21/5/23/52/2272523520055034566tjixmb_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2272523520055034566tjixmb)

Wide Lacing....you can tell it was not wide enough :-(

http://thumb6.webshots.net/t/59/559/6/60/47/2144660470055034566GgynZj_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2144660470055034566GgynZj)

http://thumb6.webshots.net/t/20/21/9/7/34/2988907340055034566OgtKsX_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2988907340055034566OgtKsX)

http://thumb6.webshots.net/t/42/42/1/1/68/2139101680055034566sgzGeK_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2139101680055034566sgzGeK)

Thank you all for the supporting.

ZERIO

RIO

dbny
11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I know nothing about the model, but there is no wood. The sole and heel that look like wood are stacked leather. This is true of all figure skates except the really cheap ones that use plastic. I've never heard of laces burning during heat molding, and most boots come with nylon laces.

zerio
11-09-2006, 09:48 PM
DBNY

Thanks for your posting.

Ive always thought it was made out of nylon...youd not believe how my hands are,... got blisters on my fingers because of lacing and unlacing the boots... yup due to the nylon laces which are easily inflammable!!!This was the reason I was worried about it..but I guess the temperature is not high enough to trigger a fire.

Well.. now Im more confident then..the worst it might happen is to cook the leather...

Itll be the 1st time I dont get a waterproof outsole..couldnt find a place to do it here..neither some special type of product...

I was also told to turn up the regular oven I got and check the temperature..as it reaches 180+F..turn it off , place the boots inside the oven and voila..no more directional heat from below.. just a sorta more uniform heat inside the oven,a new alternative...

Since everything arrives here usually mounted, ready to skate...we get really in problem when something like this happens..good point, Ill share with others.

Thanks again.

ZERIO
RIO

doubletoe
11-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Why don't you just switch the nylon laces to cotton laces for the heat molding? :)

Casey
11-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Why don't you just switch the nylon laces to cotton laces for the heat molding? :)
Why not switch to cotton laces permanently, and throw those nasty nylon laces into the garbage pail? :twisted:

I strongly prefer cotton laces. They hold better and don't hurt your fingers.

SkatingOnClouds
11-10-2006, 02:42 AM
Graf boots heat mold at a higher temperature and for longer than recommended for Jacksons, ( I don't know about SP Teris) and their nylon laces don't melt.

I used a heat gun on mine as I didn't have a convection oven. That way you can work around the one area if that's all that's needed, but you mustn't get too close and you must keep the gun moving around so you don't burn the leather.

zerio
11-13-2006, 05:21 PM
THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH INDEED.

Ive got a notice from the seller whos told me that bootsmust be heat between150/175F for 5 minutes...cooldown and then try it again... I might just try to get a kitchen thermometer..because as ongas you reach the temperature and the flame in bottom is cut down ...the heat inside the oven shallbe constant...sio I will use 180F and then turn it off and then...voilá...

I was disappointed that the boots has not been ready from thr strecthing process it did a great job on the ball area as well as hellbut still theres moreto be done in the hells...its not fitting wellyet..one moreday togo..then..the marathin to moun teh boots..

Do you use any epoxy glue such as araldite to fix the scres and sealed them afterwards??

ANother question..regarding my old boots what shall I stick into the screw holes lefton the outsole to cover then?Is it ok epoxy araldite?

What do you guys use for waterproof seal? folks here have NO idea...

So many questions..goodtimes when I had itall doen by someone else...:frus: I was so happy then!
Tchau ZERIO
RIO

doubletoe
11-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Why not switch to cotton laces permanently, and throw those nasty nylon laces into the garbage pail? :twisted:

I strongly prefer cotton laces. They hold better and don't hurt your fingers.

But they can slip off the hooks if your boots are still in the breaking-in process. That happened several times with my cotton laces when my boots were new, so I had to switch to 50% cotton 50% nylon, which I think offers the best of both worlds.

crayonskater
11-13-2006, 08:56 PM
But they can slip off the hooks if your boots are still in the breaking-in process. That happened several times with my cotton laces when my boots were new, so I had to switch to 50% cotton 50% nylon, which I think offers the best of both worlds.

Mine slipped off my hooks today and down I went. Bruised knees.

But I've had my skates over a year! I wonder what I did wrong.

zerio
11-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Hello My Dear Sk8rs Pals!!

Wow...If I were to resume Id say: "Wish I could turn the clock back"

The boots fit perfectly .. if anyone has problems with boots Ive learnt many tricks to get our bootsmore comfortable.. Naturally SP Teri DELuxe are indeed cement boots..and now I know what it means...you sorta feel as if you were wearing a skiing boot..the heel is lower than WIFa...the blades were not aligned properly.Ive been 200%:lol: OUTOF SHAPE...the result was a joke..made my friends lol met people that Ive not seen for more than 20 years...and had decided..TIME TO GET UNDER A SERIOUS DIET...the following day I was feeling as if a truck has run over me... andI found that to be oveweight we sorta have extra "gel pads " when we fall...but Id rather to get rid of them as soon aspossible..am to get the blades realigned and practice...well keep you posted...no spin ..not even a waltz jump I was able to do...:( but Ill revert this... and soon ... and when I go to the US..Ill try to meet up some of you... alright... Oh Igot everything in video.but to share the images..only if I got paid for...its as fuinny as candid camera...

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HINTS ON THE BOOTS , FRIENDSHIP AND SUPPORTING...I feel as if I had to carry 2 myselves.. just wonder..am 40$ over my normal weight...the blades are real good ones...got ISO 200000 for resistence...lol..

See yall folks... lets go sk8ng... Look out...Il be back to double jumps ....

Zerio