View Full Version : Best of Luck to Halloween Classic Competitors!

lovepairs
11-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Wishing everyone who is competing at Aston, PA, in the Halloween Classic the very best of luck this weekend! Can't wait to see everyone, again!!! :P

Lovepairs

manleywoman
11-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks! (I need it!) To anyone who comes to watch me, I apologize in advance for being out of shape:giveup:

Good luck to us all! I'll be there for Saturday AM practice, then I'm going to enjoy the Philly Craft Show with my family, then returning Sunday morning to put a friend on the ice for a test and then my own event in the afternoon.

badaxel
11-02-2006, 03:02 PM
I'll be there on Sunday, skating in Ladies Silver 1 and 2. I would really like to meet all of you guys, but I don't really know who any of you are! So, if you see me, please come up and say hello. I'll be wearing the navy blue dress with the handkerchief skirt, and skating to Harry Potter. Maybe we could get nametags or something...
Chris

Petlover
11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Best of luck to all competing - have lots of fun!!!!!

TimDavidSkate
11-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks guys :-) Ill be skating on Sunday at 11am - Silver Men 1 & 2 8O

Debbie S
11-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow! I will be there on Sunday, competing in Bronze Ladies I/II and doing the 9:15 practice session. I'm fully prepared to finish last...as my hardest jump is a loop and my change-sit is neither here nor there lately. :frus: But hey, I've finished last plenty of times, so I'll just take it in stride - lol. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

(I'll be wearing a royal blue dress skating to (what else?) "Rhapsody in Blue") :)

NickiT
11-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Good luck everyone :)!

Nicki

Sk8pdx
11-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Have a great skate everyone! May the GLITTER be with you!:P 8-)

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mrs Redboots
11-04-2006, 05:51 AM
Have a wonderful time, skate great, and tell us all about it when you get home. Or even before you get home, if you have access!

Isk8NYC
11-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Good luck everyone!

lovepairs
11-05-2006, 12:47 PM
I went and watched, yesterday (Saturday, Day 1 of Competition.) Some really awesome skating put out there by the Adults! However, the competition was really "quiet," and it felt slightly underattended (no vendors and relatively no practice ice for adults while the competition was going on.) This year it was structured a little bit different with all of the Moves, Spins, Compulsorary Moves, Improv and Interp on the same day with all Freestyle reserved for Sunday, which gave the competition a different, more low-key, flavor.

This awesome guy, John, flew in from England to compete and I believe there was one competitor from Canada, Ray! So, nice to have met both of you! Diane (can't remember last name) did this really excellent Interp. with Semaphore Flags, and Tara did an EXCELLENT Interp., too! But, of course the highlight of the entire day was when Tara Cioppa and Tim Mizerak laid down this incredibly beautiful and exciting pairs program for a judges critique! Of course, I'm not being biased here, but it was the most exciting program to see (it was AWESOME)..among many others! It was a really fun day!!! :P

Mrs Redboots
11-05-2006, 01:20 PM
This awesome guy, John, flew in from England to compete and I believe there was one competitor from Canada, Ray! Those, in case you haven't gathered, are our friend 2loop2loop (and yes, he can be awesome!) and Raye (who can also be awesome in a different way when she sets her mind to it!). Tara used to post on here under the name Icecatepairs, but I don't think she's been posting recently, alas (It was she who made the famous comment that you can always tell a skater by the coffee stains down her front caused by drinking coffee in the car at some unearthly hour of the morning!).

jazzpants
11-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Those, in case you haven't gathered, are our friend 2loop2loop (and yes, he can be awesome!) and Raye (who can also be awesome in a different way when she sets her mind to it!). Tara used to post on here under the name Icecatepairs, but I don't think she's been posting recently, alas (It was she who made the famous comment that you can always tell a skater by the coffee stains down her front caused by drinking coffee in the car at some unearthly hour of the morning!).And Tim M. is 2salch0w. ;)

2salch0w
11-05-2006, 02:20 PM
And Tim M. is 2salch0w. ;)

Yup, that's me. I don't know how you guys are so good at keeping all the names straight; I sure can't. I'm lucky I can remember my own partner's screen name.

I also got to meet John and Raye, which was great. We recruited John onto our manuever team and he did a great job on the camel/sit. Poor guy, I don't think he quite knew what to expect with the whole "warm up for one minute and off you go" approach. The maneuver thing was fun - lots of good axels. I think every team had at least one really good one. The Bats in the Belfry team had a gorgeous one, even though she fell.

Thanks to Andrea/Lovepairs (I know that one!) for the very kind words about our pairs program. We had a blast doing it. Lots of work to do, but we're pretty happy for a first showing.

Looking forward to hearing how today's events went.

Tim

lovepairs
11-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Tim,

About the manuevers teams: Lee and I would love to throw a lift out there for a manuever's team--any chance, they will ever include pair teams in manuevers? Can we work on including pairs in this event for next year?

Also, can't wait to hear about what happened at the competition today (Sunday!)

TimDavidSkate
11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Saturday, Nov 4: We got to the rink and were late for the warmup so we had to rush to get our skates on. The team (iceworks workaholics) was a load of fun and a good experience. We placed second overall I reduced my lutz/loop into a loop/loop after popping the lutz within my short warmup. THanks again for inviting us xoxoxoxoxo

Sunday, Nov 5: I was so relaxed the whole morning. Then an unfortunate mishap with getting bumped into the last practice somewhat threw me off and pissed me off. When I stepped onto my practice I felt rushed and out of breath. I just did a lutz, loop, and a flip, then got off. I then went to get myself out of everything and gather my thoughts. I was first to skate after the warmup - a spot where I am not very fond of. I immediately thought of the last time I skated first out of warmup - I placed second and felt that I did not have the time to recover. I did my loop, lutz/loop, and flip/loop. Nothing felt right, so I ignored it. I stopped with my jumping 2 minutes before my warmup ended. I pumped myself with my asthma inhaler, then I was set to go. Going into my first jump pass I did not know what the hell I was thinking but it got reduced into only a lutz, then the flip/loop - where I felt a little off. I was shocked at that time b/c I never felt like that before in a LOONG time. (Iffy landings) Flying camel was suprisingly good and felt awesome, I held it as long as I could. Hufff-Pufff, I felt so tired already, I just made up some crazy footwork sequence into the flip, felt so wonky in the air and the landing again. My body was giving up and indeed gave up on my camel spin/combo spin. Feck I thought! Going into my last lutz I knew I had to squeeze in a combo, I should have done something else like an ina baur into a jump but no, I thought my body would go into an automatic pilot and do the damn combo jump, NOPE! reached back and just turned around, I quickly then did a loop/loop combo into a trashy back scratch spin , went down on one knee for my somewhat dramatic ending and stared at the ice for a while and just thought, well here comes my pewter medal. SOOOOOO pissed off for letting my nerves control me like that. I dont blame my injury, surgery, and this damn exercise induced asthma for my bad performance. It was just simply not my day! After 15 minutes I got my results. My ordinals were 1 - 2 - 4 - 3 - 1 = 2nd place-silver medal Thanfully, once again my artistic marks held me up from placing last.

I know my competitors came in prepared and ready to skate well. Congratulations to Steven for winning the gold, Jeremy the bronze, and Richard the pewter medal. Angelo congrats as well on your bronze medal - you'll be fine with your next competition. We both will!!!

I cant wait to come back next year and erase this bad memory/skate

Skate@Delaware
11-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I went and watched, yesterday (Saturday, Day 1 of Competition.) Some really awesome skating put out there by the Adults! However, the competition was really "quiet," and it felt slightly underattended (no vendors and relatively no practice ice for adults while the competition was going on.) This year it was structured a little bit different with all of the Moves, Spins, Compulsorary Moves, Improv and Interp on the same day with all Freestyle reserved for Sunday, which gave the competition a different, more low-key, flavor.

This awesome guy, John, flew in from England to compete and I believe there was one competitor from Canada, Ray! So, nice to have met both of you! Diane (can't remember last name) did this really excellent Interp. with Semaphore Flags, and Tara did an EXCELLENT Interp., too! But, of course the highlight of the entire day was when Tara Cioppa and Tim Mizerak laid down this incredibly beautiful and exciting pairs program for a judges critique! Of course, I'm not being biased here, but it was the most exciting program to see (it was AWESOME)..among many others! It was a really fun day!!! :P
Yes, their pair skate program was fantastic to watch! We had thought that all the other programs were on Sunday and we were lucky to watch them skate.

They put the ladies no-test freestyle on Saturday. So, there was no chance for us to watch anyone else skate their freestyle programs (had it been on Sunday, I would have had an excusal from ice show rehearsal which is mandatory). So not all freestyle was on Sunday. We were able to catch most of the interp and improv skates and they were great!

I wish they had practice ice at better hours for others. The early session was way to early for us (and some of the others I heard) to attend. Next year, I will be going up the week before and practicing on their ice-it's harder than my rink and I wasn't expecting an olympic-sized rink 8O !

sexyskates
11-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks Lovepairs for your positive comments about my new Interp program! I had a terrific time at this competition. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and seeing all my wonderful competitive skating friends again! It was great fun to hang out with Jenny from England, and also the Syracuse group - Melissa, Nancy and Jeremy. And Barbara - you skated great! Good luck on your Silver Moves Test this week!

lovepairs
11-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Well, Sexy, as the Interp was going on, I was having a really indepth conversation with another skater about what Interp really is, or should be, or what it should aim for. And it seemed that your program fit the conversation perfectly. That is, we came to the conclusion that a really challenging, exciting, and entertaining Interpretive program has to be very well thought out, have some depth to it in terms of concept, which, of course, can mean a lot of things, and most importantly not be too literal, or too obvious. The most entertaining Interp (at least for the viewer) has to be served up to the audience in a way that there is some room there for the audience to get involved by being drawn in to figure out what is going on, then be delighted in solving the puzzle, so to speak.

Anyway, we both agreed that your program had all of these elements, plus more, because it was skated very well, too. So, a big congrats to you for pulling that off so "smartly!"

NoVa Sk8r
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Results are up:
http://iceworkssc.org/HalloweenClassic/HCresults06.htm

flo
11-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Congrats to all who competed!
Aloha! I'm back from Hawaii where the only ice was in my drinks.

TimDavidSkate
11-06-2006, 12:14 PM
http://timdavid.org/2006HalloweenClassic1.jpg

http://timdavid.org/2006HalloweenClassic2.jpg

mikawendy
11-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Here's the event photographer contact info:

YourWinningShot.com

Gary Stewart
info@yourwinningshot.com
267-972-4428

manleywoman
11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks to Andrea for hosting a great competition (and for her kind words about my performance)! I got to meet Debbie S, though I think we've met before, Nova, badaxel, and a few others whose real names I know but screen names I don't! I wish I had gotten to talk to the two girls against whom I competed, but as I drove my coach to the airport they both collected their medals early and left before the medal ceremony (which was long after our event was over). Ah well.

Joan
11-07-2006, 03:01 PM
http://timdavid.org/2006HalloweenClassic1.jpg

http://timdavid.org/2006HalloweenClassic2.jpg
I hope to post a picture of "Phil's Ghouls" later, but I have to wait for my suitcase to arrive. Somehow, of two checked bags, only one made it home. Fortunately, the one with my skates made it home. The other one, with my clothes and camera, has been found and will be dropped off at my house tonight.

2loop2loop
11-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone.

I got back to the UK yesterday and have somehow made it through the day at work with the aid of copious amounts of caffeine.

Thanks lovepairs and 2salch0w for your kind words. It was really fun to be on the team with 2salch0w, FrankR and icecatepairs, though it was possibly the most nerve-racking event I have ever done. Usually when I screw up it is just me that has to suffer the consequences. I was last to go with my camel-sit combination, after the rest of the team all did a great job with their respective moves (including a great axel from FrankR :bow:), I somehow managed to hold it together for my spin and we won. I knew icecate from the Mountain Cup and it was great to see her again. It was also a pleasure to meet Frank and Tim.

Raye had flown in all the way from BC to compete and is still coming on in leaps and bounds, even since Oberstdorf in the spring. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you Raye, hope you had a safe trip home.

I got to compete against coskater64 in junior/senior MITF which was fun since she's still recovering from surgery and I learned the moves about 3 days before. We were really competing to see who had the best excuse for messing up, clearly there is a subtle advantage in being fully able-bodied since I won on a split of the judges. I was also lucky enough to win in freeskate and compulsory moves and to get the silver in spins.

NoVa had a great skate to win Silver men, he was wavering over putting in the flying camel before he went out to skate, but he did it and it was a great one. It was nice to meet looploop too and to see her freeskate and, with NoVa, take and pass their two pairs tests (I'm sketchy on the details of US tests so someone else will have to fill in the gaps).

I also got to meet and chat to DebbieS, but unfortunately only after I missed her skate, and probably a number of other forum members too though I probably didn't make the connection, so I'm sorry if I missed mentioning anyone.

Now you all have to come over to Europe and skate at Oberstdorf and the Mountain Cup - you won't regret it :)

John

kateskate
11-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone.

I was also lucky enough to win in freeskate and compulsory moves and to get the silver in spins.

John

Congratulations! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

NoVa Sk8r
11-07-2006, 06:10 PM
John did 3 great doubles (but where was the 2toe? :twisted: :P ), and his level 3 sit-change-sit was to die for. In fact, all his element were polished and secure, and he didn't appear to break a sweat!

Thanks for the feedback then on the flying camel. It is always my "nerve" element. As you were in Oberstdorf to see, the flying camel I did there was so technically incorrect (a bad 3-turn on the "fly"), that it received ZERO points!

I hope you find a nice place to put all those gold medals!8-)

2loop2loop
11-07-2006, 06:35 PM
John did 3 great doubles (but where was the 2toe? :twisted: :P ), and his level 3 sit-change-sit was to die for. In fact, all his element were polished and secure, and he didn't appear to break a sweat!
Appearances can be deceptive, but as ever NoVa, you are too kind ;)

As for the double toe, nope, I wasn't feeling it. I also went the wrong way out of my first jump and had a nice little detour around the entire rink before getting to the axel, so any time I might have had to fit in a double toe got swallowed up as I was taking the scenic route :twisted:

Thanks for the feedback then on the flying camel. It is always my "nerve" element. As you were in Oberstdorf to see, the flying camel I did there was so technically incorrect (a bad 3-turn on the "fly"), that it received ZERO points!
Oberstdorf, Schmoberstdorf... it was great this time! :)

I hope you find a nice place to put all those gold medals!8-)
Yeah, like your trophy cabinet isn't full either :lol:

mikawendy
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi everyone.

I got back to the UK yesterday and have somehow made it through the day at work with the aid of copious amounts of caffeine.

John

Hi, John--
It was nice to see you and the other gold men skate (we were all oohing and ahhing in the snack bar as we watched that event, as it was so cold in the actual arena). I didn't realize you were a forum member. I was the person who has a friend who used to live in your neck of the woods and other friends who went to Roehampton for a while.

Raye
11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - and what a weekend!! I had the time of my life in Aston and it was awesome to see so many old friends and make new ones, including so many Forumites. (if that is not a word, it should be)

I woke up this morning at 5:30 am raring to go and totally unable to go back to sleep - my body clock is still on Pensylvania time - and while it IS only 7:30 here right now, I'm all in because it's nearly 10:30 in Aston.

When I got back to my office the place looked like I had been away a month instead of a week. AAAAAK

To Andrea: you and your team put on a first class event,:bow: Thank you:bow:

To Joan: It was awesome being your roommate, and I hope your luggage has found you. As for your skating - I definately see the improvement since I saw you last.

To John: Fellow distance traveller - Thanks for the nice compliments. Glad to hear you made it home again safely. I sure enjoyed watching your events - you have also improved greatly since Oberstdorf.

To Phil, Terry, Mika and Joan - It was a pleasure to be part of Phil's Gouls and I apologize for the pathetic waltz-toe. This is usually not an element that I have problems with:giveup:

Debbie S: I saw your Rhapsody in Blue, but I did not get a chance to congratulate you on a great skate! Congratulations!! You have improved since Oberstdorf.

Loops and Nova: Great skates both of you, in the pairs tests, and in your individual freeskates - well done!

TimDavidskate, Lovepairs and 2salchow it was great to meet you and now I have faces to go with the names

Sexyskates and Manleywoman, I probably spoke with each of you at some point throughout the weekend, but since I don't know the real names that go with the forum names I didn't realize I was speaking with Forumites.

To Skate@Delaware: Congratulations on your GOLD medal freeskate!!:bow: well done.

To CoSkater64: You always skate beautifully, and this weekend was no exception. Glad to see the hip is healing well.

To Skaternum, Beccapoo, Terri C, and Jazzpants - we missed you and y'all missed a fabulous weekend - NO EXCUSES NEXT YEAR! - See you then, RIGHT???

Joan
11-08-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - and what a weekend!! I had the time of my life in Aston and it was awesome to see so many old friends and make new ones, including so many Forumites. (if that is not a word, it should be)

I woke up this morning at 5:30 am raring to go and totally unable to go back to sleep - my body clock is still on Pensylvania time - and while it IS only 7:30 here right now, I'm all in because it's nearly 10:30 in Aston.

When I got back to my office the place looked like I had been away a month instead of a week. AAAAAK

To Andrea: you and your team put on a first class event,:bow: Thank you:bow:

To Joan: It was awesome being your roommate, and I hope your luggage has found you. As for your skating - I definately see the improvement since I saw you last.

To John: Fellow distance traveller - Thanks for the nice compliments. Glad to hear you made it home again safely. I sure enjoyed watching your events - you have also improved greatly since Oberstdorf.

To Phil, Terry, Mika and Joan - It was a pleasure to be part of Phil's Gouls and I apologize for the pathetic waltz-toe. This is usually not an element that I have problems with:giveup:

Debbie S: I saw your Rhapsody in Blue, but I did not get a chance to congratulate you on a great skate! Congratulations!! You have improved since Oberstdorf.

Loops and Nova: Great skates both of you, in the pairs tests, and in your individual freeskates - well done!

TimDavidskate, Lovepairs and 2salchow it was great to meet you and now I have faces to go with the names

Sexyskates and Manleywoman, I probably spoke with each of you at some point throughout the weekend, but since I don't know the real names that go with the forum names I didn't realize I was speaking with Forumites.

To Skate@Delaware: Congratulations on your GOLD medal freeskate!!:bow: well done.

To CoSkater64: You always skate beautifully, and this weekend was no exception. Glad to see the hip is healing well.

To Skaternum, Beccapoo, Terri C, and Jazzpants - we missed you and y'all missed a fabulous weekend - NO EXCUSES NEXT YEAR! - See you then, RIGHT???

And Raye left out her own accomplishments of the weekend: 6 medals including several golds! She landed an awesome loop jump in compulsories and her footwork sequences and artistry are always A+!

FrankR
11-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi all,

John, thanks so much for the compliments on the axel. After seeing the footage of the team event, I thought my axel looked a little bizarre in the air but considering I'd just belly-flopped on one in the warm-up like twenty seconds before I actually competed it for the event, I'll take it. :lol: I'm still trying to figure out how I wound up sliding across the ice on my stomach on that one in warm-up. 8O :?:

I am forever in your debt for joining our team and saving me from having to do a camel/sit on numb, frozen legs. I'd say I owe you one, but it's more like I owe you several. LOL

It was certainly a pleasure meeting you and sharing the fear and anxiety that comes with skating a maneuvers team event. And for those of us here on forums that haven't seen John skate, to say that he's great is an egregious understatement. :bow: :bow: :bow:

As for general impressions about the event, the one thing that I was really impressed with was how well everyone skated in all the events. I spoke with several skaters over the weekend that were skating up a level in various events and they all held their own and put strong skates out there. It's certainly never easy to compete, but when you put the pressure on yourself to skate up I think it's especially gratifying when you do well. So congrats all!!

If we're going to talk about flying camels in Silver Men I and II, I'd have to say just about all of those guys did a very good job with that particular spin on Sunday. Very impressive. Each of the guys that did them had a good fly and nice stretch in the camel position and good revolution on the ice. :bow: I also have to give Jeremy Balcom (not sure if he reads here but what the heck) a tip of the cap for trying his first axel (and in combination to boot!) in competition.

It was nice to see and chat, albeit a bit briefly in some cases, with Loops, NoVa, lovepairs, DebbieS, Heather Hilgar (also not sure if she posts here) and probably a host of others that I'm forgetting at the moment. I also ran into mikawendy and added to her collection of lefty skaters' signatures. (We lefties have to stick together!! 8-) ) I was glad to see coskater64 skating again. Get well soon.

Take care all,

Frank

TimDavidSkate
11-08-2006, 10:03 AM
re: flying camel
It was quite risky of me trying it, esp. I havent done it in weeks, I did manage to do a good camel spin 2 days before but didnt think properly going into it during my skate.

I hate spinning! :twisted: :giveup: Its the element that I dont do too much or at all during practices

final thoughts: I am still pissed at my poor showing and I wish I can do it over. After the flying camel thats when I got sooo tired, I felt like stepping off the ice. It is so scary not to feel my legs during skating, I felt like my landings were quarter short. I dont know what came over me :frus:

coskater64
11-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I just thought the entire competition was a blast, it was lovely to see everyone and I throughly enjoyed myself. Thanks for the kind words I do what I can do but allofyall were great!

Leslie

Mrs Redboots
11-08-2006, 10:30 AM
I just thought the entire competition was a blast, it was lovely to see everyone and I throughly enjoyed myself. Thanks for the kind words I do what I can do but allofyall were great!

LeslieI was so delighted when I looked at the results and saw you'd been in it, and done well! Love from us both.

I was delighted to see so many familiar names on the results list - well done the lot of you (and John, especially well done showing all those Americans how to do it!)!

Debbie S
11-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Debbie S: I saw your Rhapsody in Blue, but I did not get a chance to congratulate you on a great skate! Congratulations!! You have improved since Oberstdorf.Thanks for the compliment. But I didn't go to O'dorf, so that must be someone else you're thinking of. :)

Raye
11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
And Raye left out her own accomplishments of the weekend: 6 medals including several golds! She landed an awesome loop jump in compulsories and her footwork sequences and artistry are always A+!

Actually that was only one gold and enough silver to plate a tea service!!!:halo:

Raye
11-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the compliment. But I didn't go to O'dorf, so that must be someone else you're thinking of. :)ooooooooops sorry:oops: :oops: But, nonetheless your skate WAS excellent this weekend:bow:

Joan
11-08-2006, 04:08 PM
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/6786/philsghoulsta8.jpg

Raye, Joan, Terri (skate@Delaware), Phil, Mika (Mikawendy)

jazzpants
11-08-2006, 04:38 PM
And there's KITTY!!! :D http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkykulo.gif (MEOW!!!) http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/tiere/a020.gif

Joan
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM
And there's KITTY!!! :D (MEOW!!!)

Halloween black cat - and double duty for her interpretive costume!

badaxel
11-08-2006, 05:23 PM
I also ran into mikawendy and added to her collection of lefty skaters' signatures. (We lefties have to stick together!! 8-) )

Hey! I'm a lefty too! Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you guys at HC! Maybe next time...

mikawendy
11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey! I'm a lefty too! Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you guys at HC! Maybe next time...
Yup, next time--I keep my notebook in my skate bag. I was also sorry to see that the "Three Lefts Don't Make a Right" maneuver team wasn't competing this year. And I missed watching the antics of the Southern Comfort crew and Rob and beccapoo's other shenanigans.

Leslie

The competition really was a lot of fun. It's too bad there are no speakers from the snack bar into the rink, because it was so cold that a lot of the spectators were cheering people on from in there. And coskater64, thanks for the explanation of TOM and TO in the hallway. I realized later that was probably you....

2salch0w
11-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Yup, next time--I keep my notebook in my skate bag. I was also sorry to see that the "Three Lefts Don't Make a Right" maneuver team wasn't competing this year. ....

Hi Mika. I think I met you and signed your book 2 years ago - sorry I missed you this year. I was 1/4th of the Three Lefts team last year. One of us is pregnant, two didn't make it down to the competition, and I defected over to the East Coast Stunt Doubles. Actually, Frank and I balanced out the righties on that team now. I noticed quite a few lefties on the practice ice, too.

Tim

starskate6.0
11-09-2006, 08:18 PM
G-day all

So sorry I missed you all at the Halloween event this year :( but I have a training event for 6 weeks in Miami and must dedicate to my work so I can skate again some day soon.. I hope you all had a great time with all my friends at Iceworks.., they are truly the soles of the earth to me and I am proud to be a member of that club . I hope I will get to see you all next year . I am planning a trip to Oberstdorf as I do not think Ill make nationals next year. I look forward to seeing you all again soon..
Congrates to all of you who skated . I hope it was a blast....:)

Ross

lovepairs
11-10-2006, 07:38 PM
G-day Star! :P

How's flyin goin? Are you havin fun? I'm thinkin about joinin your homeclub!

So nice to get away from it all foatin up there in the sky...so, happy your flyin again!

Halloween Classic was fun...but, we missed ya! The pair team of Cioppa and Mizerak did an excellent program...you would have loved it!!!

Best,
Lovepairs :halo:

starskate6.0
11-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi There Love

I am in training in Miami at the moment at the Airbus A320 training center, getting beat up in Simulators for 4 hours a day doing the things you hope you will never see and training to save lives if it does.. Thats what we do in training we fly normal for an hour and handle emergencies for 39 hours..
Im beat every day.. But Ill be back in PHL around the 7th I think..

How many in mens gold ? who won..? :)

lovepairs
11-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi Sweetie,

Go to: www.adultpairskating.com click on "News", click on "Competitions", and click on the Halloween Classic application link...all of the results are there. I didn't see the men's gold competition. I was only there on Saturday and that event took place on Sunday.

Sounds like really hard work, but I bet the "simulator" actually helps you "jump" better! Okay, stay safe, and we'll all look forward to seeing you again at Aston when you return.

Take care,
Lovepairs

2loop2loop
11-11-2006, 03:56 PM
John, thanks so much for the compliments on the axel. After seeing the footage of the team event, I thought my axel looked a little bizarre in the air but considering I'd just belly-flopped on one in the warm-up like twenty seconds before I actually competed it for the event, I'll take it. :lol: I'm still trying to figure out how I wound up sliding across the ice on my stomach on that one in warm-up. 8O :?:

It looked great to me, high and easy. The first one in the warm-up was probably even better, but after the minor hiccup you had on the second one in the warm-up you did a great job to come back with the one you did.

I am forever in your debt for joining our team and saving me from having to do a camel/sit on numb, frozen legs. I'd say I owe you one, but it's more like I owe you several. LOL

Oh, but waiting until last to do a camel-sit on numb, frozen legs when everyone else in the team nailed their elements was so much fun and not a bit nerve-racking :roll: . I can't tell you how relieved I was to hold it together even if it was a bit wobbly!

It was certainly a pleasure meeting you and sharing the fear and anxiety that comes with skating a maneuvers team event. And for those of us here on forums that haven't seen John skate, to say that he's great is an egregious understatement. :bow: :bow: :bow:

:oops: :oops: :oops: but thanks! You're pretty nifty on a pair of skates yourself ;)

John

starskate6.0
11-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Love

Im in a hotel at the moment in miami and there web server will not let me access anything that say's " Adult" in it..so the hotel tells me..:lol: so I can not access your site here for some reason..

Can you take a look for me and tell me how many gold men there where and who won.. ?
Thanks
Ross

Hi Sweetie,

Go to: www.adultpairskating.com click on "News", click on "Competitions", and click on the Halloween Classic application link...all of the results are there. I didn't see the men's gold competition. I was only there on Saturday and that event took place on Sunday.

Sounds like really hard work, but I bet the "simulator" actually helps you "jump" better! Okay, stay safe, and we'll all look forward to seeing you again at Aston when you return.

Take care,
Lovepairs

Debbie S
11-11-2006, 09:40 PM
The results are also posted on Ice Works SC website.

NoVa Sk8r
11-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Can you take a look for me and tell me how many gold men there where and who won.. ?
Thanks
RossThere were 4 gold men, and they finished in this order: John Fisher (2loop2loop on this board), Chris Williams, Angelo Watler, and Marty Romanik.

John did all nice jumps with speed and flow--2sal-1toe, axel, 2sal, 2loop--a flying camel with a nice position variation, a "level 3" sit-change-sit (2 difficult twist variations plus a change of edge), and a great combo spin. He also did a nice, flowing serpentine step sequence. He skated to "Man in the Iron Mask."

Chris did two 2sals (one in combo), a 2toe, and two axels. All jumps were totally solid. He did two good spins (flying camel and camel-sit-back-sit) but then fell on the death drop to close the program. He skated to a collection of old jazz pieces (not "Harlem Nocturne," but similar.)

Angelo did a nice 2sal and 2loop (from back running 3's, if I remember correctly), but he nearly fell on his 2toe, which looked to be landed on two feet, and then he turned out and almost fell. His axel was complete. He did a gorgeous flying camel, but he botched his combo spin. He had strong positions and line with nice grace and flow. He skated to Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2.

Marty did an axel (that looked 2-footed), a two-footed 2toe, a 2sal with some type of funky landing, and I think he did another 2toe. His spins were all decent. He skated to Vanessa Mae's "Art of War" and some other piece, I think.

mikawendy
11-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Marty did an axel (that looked 2-footed), a two-footed 2toe, a 2sal with some type of funky landing, and I think he did another 2toe. His spins were all decent. He skated to Vanessa Mae's "Art of War" and some other piece, I think.

I thought maybe some of the music was from Romeo & Juliet, but I could be wrong....

lovepairs
11-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Hi Ross,

So, there your have it...Nova, beat me to it, and with a more indepth explaination then I would have given, so you're all set with the info. See you soon!

Lovepairs :)

starskate6.0
11-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks Crew

Dang ....Id of come dead last in that line up..8O Congrates to you all. Ill see you again some time next year...Thanks Nova

Ross

Raye
11-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know the name of the videography company: I think their business card might have been in the pocket of the blue fleece vest that I lost.

I did not have time to look at the videos while I was there, and now I cannot find their business card so that I can contact them now....

Thanks

Debbie S
11-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know the name of the videography company:It was Productions East Video. I know they have a website, but I don't have the link handy.

I got my video yesterday. Yikes! I really need to work on my in-betweens - I'm still too stiff and my arms flailed a lot. I think my speed was OK, but I need to get faster to compete with the top skaters at my level. I also need to get more height on my jumps. :oops:

TimDavidSkate
11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
It was Productions East Video. I know they have a website, but I don't have the link handy.

I got my video yesterday. Yikes! I really need to work on my in-betweens - I'm still too stiff and my arms flailed a lot. I think my speed was OK, but I need to get faster to compete with the top skaters at my level. I also need to get more height on my jumps. :oops:

ill try to post the link when I get home and look at the package

yeh I got mine yesterday too :D oooff-oyye, Im pleased with some parts but pissed at a lot of my performance :frus:

sk8pics
11-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Debbie,
Maybe you can come over some time with the video and we can watch it! Sigh... I wish I could have been there.
Pat

mikawendy
11-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know the name of the videography company: I think their business card might have been in the pocket of the blue fleece vest that I lost.

I did not have time to look at the videos while I was there, and now I cannot find their business card so that I can contact them now....

Thanks

Address and web site etc. for Productions East are
66 White Farms Road
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-587-4853
productionseast@starband.net
www.productionseast.com