View Full Version : Light Up Guards

Summerkid710
10-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Has anyone seen Light Up Guards? Someone had them at Upper Great Lakes. Any ideas on where to find them? Thanks.

skaternum
10-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Our very own beccapoo is the US distributor for Blade Lights. You could try PM'ing her.

Casey
10-31-2006, 11:41 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ICE-SKATING-FLASHING-BLADE-LIGHTS-FUN_W0QQitemZ180040266691QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4939QQ cmdZViewItem

Summerkid710
10-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks! I knew someone here would know where to find them.

mantysk8er
11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Has anyone seen Light Up Guards? Someone had them at Upper Great Lakes. Any ideas on where to find them? Thanks.

Are you sure they are guards? They kind of look like they go between the boot and blade, to light up while you are skating. Light up guards would be cool though!

Skate@Delaware
11-01-2006, 09:18 PM
The go around the blades....a coach at my rink used to have them and they are really neat, especially for night skates, cosmic skates, etc.!

SkatingOnClouds
11-02-2006, 02:25 AM
Oh man, I have to have some!
When I have paid the latest crop of bills, Skating club membership, competition entry, and bought my daughter the new skates she needs, that is.:roll:

Casey
11-02-2006, 03:03 AM
So today I was a bit bored.

I have about 25 different colors of sharpies.

So, add these together, and you end up with blades colored like stained glass and they reflect all different colors. :D

Somebody at the rink thought I had blade lights after watching me skate in them... ;)

Skittl1321
11-02-2006, 07:04 AM

So, add these together, and you end up with blades colored like stained glass and they reflect all different colors. :D

Somebody at the rink thought I had blade lights after watching me skate in them... ;)

You colored your blades? I am a huge sharpie fan, but I'm not sure I'd do that.

Bet they look pretty though. And cheaper than real blade lights :)

Edit to add: Now that my blades are old and about to be taken off my skates and retired I gave this a try. I colored them pink and they look fanatstic. It cleans off really easily too.

Isk8NYC
11-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Casey - I thought you loved the gold blades? I'm sure they're beautiful. If you ever want to change the decorations, I've found that rubbing alcohol takes Sharpie (permanent marker) off lots of things: water bottles, halloween pumpkins, small children ...

The light up guards sound interesting. I've noticed a bunch of kids with Zuca bags have light up wheels. (They're inline skate wheels, right?)

skaternum
11-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Blade lights are very cool. Right now they're only available in red -- it'd be cool if they came in multi colors. They're a little bit heavy, but not so bad it disturbs your skating. My friend Michele and I wore them one year in our club's holiday exhibition. And just to clarify -- no, they're not GUARDS. They are meant to be worn on the blade while you're skating.

AshBugg44
11-02-2006, 02:27 PM
The light up guards sound interesting. I've noticed a bunch of kids with Zuca bags have light up wheels. (They're inline skate wheels, right?)

Yes they are inline skate wheels. That's why they roll so nicely.

Geez, I'm not used to being a Zuca salesperson or anything. (Not that I work for Zuca, but we sell them at the rink, and I do work there!).

Casey
11-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, it comes off easily enough with some alcohol, and the metal shines right on through the sharpies so it looks really nice in my opinion. If my camera weren't dead I'd have taken some pictures. Of course some of it wears off with skating but that's to be expected.

Skate@Delaware
11-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes they are inline skate wheels. That's why they roll so nicely.

Geez, I'm not used to being a Zuca salesperson or anything. (Not that I work for Zuca, but we sell them at the rink, and I do work there!).
I have a Zuca bag and i LOVE it!!!! It is so much easier (especially since my shoulder is crappy and I'm not supposed to tote bags on them) you just roll it around and I like the fact that the top is a seat (my rink lacks seating).

mikawendy
11-02-2006, 10:54 PM

Picture! Picture! (when your camera is better, that is...)

I've never seen light-up guards, but I have seen glow-in-the-dark guards. Those look pretty cool...

(Glow in the dark laces might be cool, too....)

Casey
11-02-2006, 11:03 PM
(Glow in the dark laces might be cool, too....)
I was thinking about getting some of those bright color laces, maybe two different colors, and putting a different color on each foot.

Darnit, you reminded me...now I want new laces. :frus:

Skittl1321
11-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Here are some light up guards- http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/product.cfm/id/11F725D8-D610-7E99-D2CB7B82CD9715BD

I got an email about these, and remembered this post.

Mercedeslove
11-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Here are some light up guards- http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/product.cfm/id/11F725D8-D610-7E99-D2CB7B82CD9715BD

I got an email about these, and remembered this post.

I got the e-mail too. I'd kill for these. srsly!

Skittl1321
11-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I got the e-mail too. I'd kill for these. srsly!

Instead of killing you could just shell out the thirtyish dollars they cost. Might end up with less jail time.

I personally think they are super cool, but I'd rather buy the lesson time.

MQSeries
11-24-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't get the purpose of having lighted skateguard. You're only in them for like 5-10 minutes while the ice is being made.

Isn't there something like lighted shoe-laces that you can use for your skates itself? Or how about a flexible lighted tube (like those used for outdoor decorations) that you can wrap around the part where the blades are attached to the heels? Now that would be cool to be jumping and spinning with lighted skates.

Mercedeslove
11-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Instead of killing you could just shell out the thirtyish dollars they cost. Might end up with less jail time.

I personally think they are super cool, but I'd rather buy the lesson time.

I asked 'santa' for them. By 'santa' I mean my boy friend. When I get back home to Chicago I'm gunna head up to rainbo.

Mrs Redboots
11-25-2006, 09:46 AM
I don't get the purpose of having lighted skateguard. You're only in them for like 5-10 minutes while the ice is being made.

Isn't there something like lighted shoe-laces that you can use for your skates itself? Or how about a flexible lighted tube (like those used for outdoor decorations) that you can wrap around the part where the blades are attached to the heels? Now that would be cool to be jumping and spinning with lighted skates.Yes, indeed - our own Beccapoo sells them. I had a pair, but they don't fit my John Watts blades, alas, so I've passed them on to someone who had hers stolen. Husband has a pair - he'll be getting them out next week for the Christmas season.