View Full Version : My Halloween Costume

Skittl1321
10-30-2006, 06:21 PM
This year for Halloween- I'm going to be an ice skater :)

My weekly group lesson is tomorrow and I'm wearing a skirt. I've only skated in one on one other occassion and loved it. I wish I could get over what I think everyone else is thinking of me and wear them more often. Sometimes the little girls in my class wear them, but I haven't seen another adult in one.

But hey- it's a costume!

Leda
10-30-2006, 08:17 PM
haha! Thats awesome!:D I have yet to wear a skirt or a dress, but I am looking into getting one!:P have fun!!

edgygirl
10-30-2006, 09:11 PM
For halloween, I dressed up as an ice-princess/ clown. It was a blast even though my nose kept popping off and falling onto the ice. The little kids loved it. And, to top it off, I did my first salchow. It was messy and tiny, but what do you expect from a purple-haired clown in a strapless dress with a nose that won't stay on?

When I started in pre-alpha, there were five girls in the class. We were all complete beginners, so as a joke, we started wearing different costumes for each week's lesson (Xanadu, Dr's on ice, cheerleaders, etc.). It was a hoot because we were all such bad skaters. The girls at the rink got really into it. Some of them even started dressing up with us (and giving us all sort of skating tips). Eventually, we stopped since three of the girls gave up (and costumes get pricey). It was a lot of fun while it lasted, but got to be a little distracting anyways.

I did buy a skating dress, but it took me forever to actually wear it skating (I wore it around the house for weeks before I braved the ice! I may be 32 on the outside, but I'm about 10 on the inside.:D ). I was more than willing to wear the costumes earlier, but I didn't want to wear a skating dress until I actually felt like I deserved it. Finally, I just decided to suck it up and wear it because it made me feel good. No one was anything but nice. Of course, I covered up the top with a jacket, so it looked like a skirt. I now have a couple of dresses and use them as my motivation to get better- I want to skate well enough to wear the really flashy one without feeling like a fool!

I feel like I've gotten younger since I've started skating. It's a treat I give myself. I have a stressful, emotional job and the ice is where I get to act and feel like a kid again. I work hard, and if I want to wear a pretty dress or a short skirt, I'm gonna! You should, too!!!:!: :D

Hannah
10-31-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm going as a spy.

(this is a joke, because I have no costume...) :D

tidesong
10-31-2006, 10:38 AM
I didnt bother to dress up as something specifically but I got a trick or treat bag anyways. I must have looked ghastly with my hair unkempt after practise :lol:

LilJen
10-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Good for you! I'm still working up the nerve. . . do not feel "worthy" of the skirts/dresses just yet. . . And I'll have no Halloween excuse when I go skating tomorrow. Could I go as the patron saint of skaters (is there one?)? Ha, as though I'm a saint. Forget it!

Skate@Delaware
10-31-2006, 02:45 PM
My daughter is actually dressing up as a skater this year...and wanted to take the blades off her boots and walk in them 8O !!! But since she had one more lesson in them I said "no"...

She is 17 and will be taking her brother around (he's 10). It's her last one at home (next year she will be away in the Navy).

Triple.Toe
10-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Wow good for her!

Skate@Delaware
11-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Well, my daughter did good last night! She had almost as much candy as her brother (I'm suspecting she gave some to her boyfriend, who was along for the company, since she has been on a diet). Everyone thought she was "adorable"