View Full Version : Congratulations Mintypoppet - 1st place/1st competition

samba
10-30-2006, 02:33 AM
CONGRATULATIONS MINTY!!!!

Well done for 1st place in your category, you have done the forum proud.:bow: :bow: :bow:

Samba

NickiT
10-30-2006, 02:34 AM
Yay...congrats Minty. I take it this was at Oxford yesterday? Well done. That's fantastic!!!

Nicki

samba
10-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Anyone else from the Oxford open, dragged themselves out of bed yet, to give us some news of their results please?

Samba

Award
10-30-2006, 03:33 AM
That's awesome. Congrats!

mintypoppet
10-30-2006, 03:33 AM
Thank you! :oops: Congrats also to Sonic, who came third in the same class. It was a Novice Foxtrot club class - I'm aiming for the baby class of the open next year.

Congrats also to Kateskate (goldx2) and Frbskate63 (silver and bronze), who skated beautifully and who very much deserved their medals.

And thank you to samba for selling me her dress - I've had a lot of compliments about it!

samba
10-30-2006, 03:48 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SONIC,KATESKATE AND FRBSKATE 63!!!

What a result.

Glad the dress went down well Mintypoppet, looks like it's lucky for you.

Clare
10-30-2006, 04:33 AM
Well done all of you- great results :)

kateskate
10-30-2006, 04:49 AM
Thank you!

It was a really fun day and everyone skated really well.

Its sad that was the last competition for a while

kateskate
10-30-2006, 05:01 AM
And thank you to samba for selling me her dress - I've had a lot of compliments about it!

It was a really lovely dress.

kateskate
10-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Also I think Mrs Redboots' husband was 4th in the compulsories (same compulsories as me) and I noticed one judge had him 1st on the willow waltz!!

:)

I think I should do some work......I'm letting myself get distracted

Mrs Redboots
10-30-2006, 05:57 AM
Also I think Mrs Redboots' husband was 4th in the compulsories (same compulsories as me) and I noticed one judge had him 1st on the willow waltz!!Indeed - he's quite convinced the judge must have made a mistake.... ahead of you and frbskate63??? He doesn't think so!

All the same, he was quite nearly 3rd - in the Fiesta, 2 judges had him in 3rd, and only one judge noticed he made a mistake at the start and had him in 8th!

But to finish 4th overall was really as good as he could possibly have hoped for - okay he has beaten the skater who was 3rd once, but only once, and that was because she made a mistake..... normally she finishes ahead of him.

I am trying to talk him into doing a solo free dance next year, but he is meowing that he can't possibly, his timing's too awful, etc etc etc! Sheesh.....

Congratulations to everybody who skated - I'm sorry I missed mtj4500's skate, but I'm sure they were as good as ever.

I was rather surprised I didn't wish I was "out there", but apart from wondering how we would have done in the free dance class, I wasn't "bovvered".

kateskate
10-30-2006, 06:00 AM
Indeed - he's quite convinced the judge must have made a mistake.... ahead of you and frbskate63??? He doesn't think so!

All the same, he was quite nearly 3rd - in the Fiesta, 2 judges had him in 3rd, and only one judge noticed he made a mistake at the start and had him in 8th!

But to finish 4th overall was really as good as he could possibly have hoped for - okay he has beaten the skater who was 3rd once, but only once, and that was because she made a mistake..... normally she finishes ahead of him.

Ah you never know. He did a good willow.....

I am trying to talk him into doing a solo free dance next year, but he is meowing that he can't possibly, his timing's too awful, etc etc etc! Sheesh.....

He should. Its not so noticeable if you are 'out of time' in a free dance - you can pretend that was the way it was intended.......

Excellent announcing btw...

Mrs Redboots
10-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Excellent announcing btw...Thanks! It was somewhat easier than at the Mountain Cup - I could see the judges, and I only had to use one language!

kateskate
10-30-2006, 06:06 AM
Excellent announcing - and to Sonic - who I think did some announcing too? Am I right?

Really should do some work.....;)

NickiT
10-30-2006, 07:01 AM
Congrats to everyone who skated yesterday and did so well. Sounds like it was a great event. If only they'd do free skating classes too!

Nicki

samba
10-30-2006, 07:51 AM

Is there no end to this guy's talents, he must do free dance, then all that is left is pairs and hockey!!

Congratulations to everybody who skated - I'm sorry I missed mtj4500's skate, but I'm sure they were as good as ever.

Yes I heard that mtj4500 skated very well.

I was rather surprised I didn't wish I was "out there", but apart from wondering how we would have done in the free dance class, I wasn't "bovvered".

You obviously need the rest, I just cannot watch without wanting to skate.

PreciseIce
10-30-2006, 08:24 AM
I envy you people here ... ice dancing ...

I didn't do it because I have no partner after passing ISI dance 5 a few years back. Partnering is fun ... I use to do pairs for fun shows too.

Now you guys seems such fun people to be skating with.

sarahg
10-30-2006, 08:33 AM
Congratulations to everyone. I had a great day watching you all skate, the highlight of which has to be Mintypoppet's first competition win ;) and Sonic's well deserved bronze.

Kateskate your programs were delightful, you are a beautiful skater, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching frbskate63's FD which was great as well.

samba
10-30-2006, 09:39 AM
I envy you people here ... ice dancing ...

I didn't do it because I have no partner after passing ISI dance 5 a few years back. Partnering is fun ... I use to do pairs for fun shows too.

Now you guys seems such fun people to be skating with.

Hi PreciseIce,

In the UK you can dance solo, its such a shame that not all countries do the same, dance is such an ageless thing.

Isk8NYC
10-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Congrats to all of you!

PreciseIce - don't be shy; skate solo dance or find a partner and have some fun!

dbny
10-30-2006, 10:01 AM
CONGRATULATIONS ALL!

Mrs Redboots
10-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Is there no end to this guy's talents, he must do free dance, then all that is left is pairs and hockey!!Yeah, but he'd need a partner for pairs - thanks, but no thanks! Although I will do interpretive pairs....

Actually, it was really good because one of the Oxford dancers, who has been off the ice for a bit due to knee problems, but who is a superb dancer when she is on form, was acting as gate steward, together with her mum, and she grabbed the Husband when he came off the ice after his compulsories and told him what was what about his arms! I noticed he'd tried to take her advice on board when he took up the starting position for the Zimmer trophy - let's hope he really does work hard on his arms and shoulders this winter, as his footwork is pretty good now. Better than mine, anyway.....

doubletoe
10-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Congrats, everyone! Sounds like a wonderful day! :D

jazzpants
10-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Congratulations to EVERYONE! YOU ALL ROCK!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sonic
10-30-2006, 02:19 PM
I wasn't doing the announcing but was in the pod for a few hours doing the music. Iteven more nerve-wracking than skating and I made a bit of mess of it... :oops:

Other than that was a great day all round!

S xxx

Skate@Delaware
10-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Congratulations to All of You!!!!:bow: :bow: :bow: Way to Go!!!