View Full Version : Misery loves company

skatingdoris
10-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I am in a foul mood, so for anyone else feeling that way please post your gripes and grumbles and let me know it's not just me.

Had a fairly mediocore skate today but I am really starting to be got down by the Lutz - rrrrrr

I am finding it so hard to get anywhere with this jump, yesterday I got a right telling off from my coach who said that there is nothing wrong with the entrance but that it just dies as soon as my pick hits the ice and the only reason I am not getting anywhere is because I have no guts. That I am not willing to risk falling over and that it is all very 'safe' :evil:

Part of me knows that sometimes I can be over cautious with my skating, but the other half of me is screaming that I need the time to gain confidence with this and get used to the mechanics of the jump. With my other jumps I went through a similar process and eventually they did come but I wasn't just throwing myself into them till I knew I could land the jump.

I feel like the school child being yelled at 'it's easy, you just can't do it because your stupid' :(

Oh well, thanks for letting me vent

love
skatingdoris

Isk8NYC
10-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Well, I've had a nice day today at work, although I wish I'd booked out early to go skating. Instead, I kept my husband's cousin and her family company while they waited for a campus tour. (I wish I'd known they were coming.:roll: ) I even got a free lunch out of it because the tour was delayed! Yay me!

The lutz is tough and you do need courage as well as form. It's challenging because your body just doesn't want to jump in that direction! Plus, it's hard to find ice space to practice the jump. Keep plugging away and it'll happen, most likely after you're at your most frustrated point. You'll start doing "launch and pray" jumps and something will just click!

skating_babe11
10-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Dont worry you will get that lutz! I know it ... it took me 3 years to get my axel and i never thought i would get it but one day it just happened!

My grief is that my stupid strenched muscle in my ankle has kept me off the ice for 3 week now and I might not be able to go on next week either!! GRRR it is making me mad because Im so far behind now and i probably wont be able to take any tests at xmas!! Im sooo bored at home not having to go to skating after school!:giveup: If i dont get on the ice next week I think im going to go crazy!:twisted:

PreciseIce
10-27-2006, 03:46 PM
... the only reason I am not getting anywhere is because I have no guts. That I am not willing to risk falling over and that it is all very 'safe' :evil:

Part of me knows that sometimes I can be over cautious with my skating, but the other half of me is screaming that I need the time to gain confidence with this and get used to the mechanics of the jump. With my other jumps I went through a similar process and eventually they did come but I wasn't just throwing myself into them till I knew I could land the jump.

I feel like the school child being yelled at 'it's easy, you just can't do it because your stupid' :(

love
skatingdoris

How well do you know Lutz jump?

I use to have skaters coming to me complaining how difficult it is to do lutz & doubles... now they just go jump. I guess it's the job of the coach to find a way to make understanding easier.

New transfered students will always goes .... arhhhhh :?? .... when I start the classes with lutz somedays & I don't know why coz it's has become the stronger jumps for them now .. hahahhaaaa ... one of them when asked why? just started laughing saying it's a habit from previously. :roll: *faint*

It is tricky ... & it's counter rotated when you 1st begin taking off .... do you know that? There's a trick to this jump.

---------------------------

There's nothing about one not having enough guts, stupid or dumb skater with a coach ... if you tell me that, I tell you I have not done my job well enough yet!

A coach is suppose to help build these things for the skaters as they work together with trust. Passing knowledge & understanding to those who has passion & heart to learn to progress.

"There's no studnets who can't learn, only coaches who can't coach you! " - if you're already a 100% learning student. Then, I will sugguest them to change a coach or me going to work on my coaching skills... ;)