View Full Version : Skating License Plates

Thin-Ice
10-27-2006, 02:16 AM
Doubletoe's post on another thread inspired this topic.....

"You know you're a figure skating addict when...."

Doubletoe said "you walk through the parking lot at every skating competition to see if all the other skating-related personalized licensed plates are as clever as yours".

So what clever skating license plates have you seen? And Doubletoe, what IS your license plate?

Mrs Redboots
10-27-2006, 05:25 AM
We couldn't get the one we wanted, which was RB03 ROB - at least, we could have, but it would have cost us £1,000, and we aren't quite that addicted! We ended up not even getting RB03 and 3 random letters, but close - it's RV03! And we put off getting a new car for 3 months just to get the 03 registration!

That was inspired by a skating friend in the USA whose registration number started with LB03, but our "cherished number-plates" can't be quite as random as they can in the USA; they have to follow certain patterns.

Figureskates
10-27-2006, 06:04 AM
I have one. FGRSK8

I have seen at my rink SKATE, ICESK8, RNKLADY.

Up at Lake Placid I have seen SK8CHIK, BLADES, SALCHOW, DBLAXEL, TOEPIK, TOEPICK

Isk8NYC
10-27-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm too stingy to pay an extra fee every year for vanity plates.

Check out this library: http://www.sk8stuff.com/f_fun/tags/tags.html

Thin-Ice
10-28-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm silly enough to pay extra -- mine is ISKVIII. My husband came up with it. I was sooo pleased!

Ice Dancer
10-29-2006, 10:15 AM
We couldn't get the one we wanted, which was RB03 ROB - at least, we could have, but it would have cost us £1,000, and we aren't quite that addicted! We ended up not even getting RB03 and 3 random letters, but close - it's RV03! And we put off getting a new car for 3 months just to get the 03 registration!

That was inspired by a skating friend in the USA whose registration number started with LB03, but our "cherished number-plates" can't be quite as random as they can in the USA; they have to follow certain patterns.

I'm sorry I'm being stupid, I've been staring at this for about 10 mins trying to work it out but can't :frus: Can you explain please? :oops:

doubletoe
10-29-2006, 02:33 PM
This is probably only "clever" to me, but then, I am easily amused. I drive a silver VW Beetle and here's my license plate, complete with my custom license plate frame:

___Ice Skate___
| |
| SK8BUG 1 |
|_____________|
Therefore I Am

I went to that section on SK8Stuff.com and there was a "SK8BUG" license plate in Michigan and it's also on a silver VW Beetle! Spooky! (I tried to get SK8BUG here in California, but it was already taken, so I had to go with SK8BUG1.)

doubletoe
10-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Oops, my ASCII art has seen better days. . . Let's try this again. . .

___Ice Skate___
|_____________|
| SK8BUG 1__|
|_____________|
Therefore I Am

dbny
10-29-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm too stingy to pay an extra fee every year for vanity plates.

Check out this library: http://www.sk8stuff.com/f_fun/tags/tags.html

Same here!

Did you notice how the "USFSA" plate is from Canada? :lol:

Isk8NYC
10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
We couldn't get the one we wanted, which was RB03 ROBI'm sorry I'm being stupid, I've been staring at this for about 10 mins trying to work it out but can't :frus: Can you explain please? :oops:"RBO3" = Right Back Outside 3-turn. "Rob" = Mr. Redboots' nickname. (It took me a few minutes to figure out the second half!)

Mrs Redboots
10-30-2006, 05:46 AM
"RBO3" = Right Back Outside 3-turn. "Rob" = Mr. Redboots' nickname. (It took me a few minutes to figure out the second half!)Indeed. He would have settled for his initials, but that didn't seem to be available, and LB03 ROB was also £1,000 (for us, it would have been a one-off payment, not annual, the way our system works, but even still!).

I'm glad, though, that BatikatII, in another thread, also said she waited until the "03" plates came in and tried to get RB03 or RF03 too! Shows we aren't that crazy.