View Full Version : Just 4 fun: You know you're a figure skating addict when...

Sonic
10-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Just 4 fun: You know you're a figure skating addict when...

1. An alarming number of sentences contain the words
'...at the rink'
'in my skating lesson the other day....'
'it's funny you should say that about [insert sport here] 'coz in skating..'

2. If you can't get to sleep you get up and practice RFO swing rolls

3. Your spouse/child/friend/colleague asks mistakenly asks 'How was skating today'?'...30 minutes later they're still hearing about it....

4. If you can't get to sleep you get up and practice loop jumps

5. Your first thought upon visting a new town: 'Does it have an ice rink?'

6. Your non-skating time is spent online talking about skating or blogging it.

7. When you listen to a nice piece of music you're brain's also making up a programme to it...

8. When stuck at a red light you contemplate the theory that the Novice Foxtrot was in fact invented by an evil sadist out to 'catch' weak learner ice dancers

9. Your decision to quit skating temporarily to 'sort your head out' lasts a whole....48 hours

10. You quit smokng

S xxx

Team Arthritis
10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
you never stand on 2 feet anymore....

you can do double axels when asleep....

you lift the 100lb barbell and do mohawks in a circle before setting it down in front of all the jarheads to get brave enough for a pairs lift ......

you can describe 10 different kinds of ice....

you have a tough time deciding whether to skate or watch skating on TV....

you've consulted atleast 2 accountants to try to figure out how to make your skating tax deductable.....

you relate better to the kids than the parents.....

Lyle

sue123
10-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Heh Sonic, you just described me. For number 5, before I sent out my med school applications, I actually considered how many rinks are nearby and how many daytime public sessions or freestyle sessions they have. I'm not gonna lie, some places with more rinks are higher up on my list than supposedly stronger schools that don't have any rinks.

And number 7, well, I thought everyone made up programs in their head. :halo: And usually the skater in my head is a much better skater than I will ever will be. She does triple jumps and can spin forever. Of course, she is also about 10 pounds lighter, and wears the most marvelous dresses.

doubletoe
10-23-2006, 05:29 PM
. . . when your man comes out onto the ice to propose to you on bended knee, and after saying "yes," putting the ring on and getting a standing ovation from everyone on the ice, you ask the love of your life if he minds waiting 45 minutes while you finish practicing. :roll: I think he really loves me.

Casey
10-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Here here on the quitting smoking thing too. Skating did that for me, too (yay!).

1. You're running late for an appointment but figure you should check skatingforums for any new posts "one more time" real quick...and then you're late.

2. You can't sleep so you re-snoseal and wax your skate soles...more than once.

3. You don't have any problems, but your friends wish you'd shut up about all the problems with the ice, rink management, skates, your last sharpening, lingering injury, and whatever else you can think to blame.

4. You are perfectly capable of doing things with 100% perfection in technique and execution, but unfortunately, you're always just a bit too tired to pull it off (or that's what you tell yourself and others, anyways ;) ).

5. You try to infect others with your AOSS disease, and wonder why they don't like you...

6. You decide that one skating discipline is not enough, and you need to pursue more than one.

7. When shopping for groceries, your primary thought is, "I wonder if this product will help my skating more?"

8. When talking to your non-skating friends, after they talk about themselves for a bit, they say, "So let's talk about you...how's skating?"

9. It made you feel worse when you accidentally left your skates in your car overnight once than it would have if you left a baby.

10. You start fearing skating anniversaries more than birthdays.

11. When standing around talking to people or in line at the store, you constantly balance on one foot or the other.

12. You finally admit you should have listened to everything your mother used to tell you about posture.

Award
10-23-2006, 06:47 PM
When you don't need to sit or crouch down anymore when putting on socks

Chico
10-23-2006, 10:13 PM
=-) Your car knows the way to the rink and driives there independently.
You know the hours and days freestyle is available at all the local rinks.
You don't think twice to see or do floor jumps. The fact that an adult is
jumping around on the floor doesn't even surprise you.
That your friends and family buy you skating related things for all special
occasions.
That your have a preferance on who cleans the ice.
That you spend a ton of time and money on a sport that you have limited
potential and knowing this do it anyway.
The first question out of anyones mouth to you is, "How's skating going?"
Having a bruise on your butt the size of a small country is a good thing.
You have unrealistic dreams but that you keep on retaining them
anyhow.

I could think of a million.....

Chico

jazzpants
10-23-2006, 10:49 PM
. . . when your man comes out onto the ice to propose to you on bended knee, and after saying "yes," putting the ring on and getting a standing ovation from everyone on the ice, you ask the love of your life if he minds waiting 45 minutes while you finish practicing. :roll: I think he really loves me.AWWWW!!! :D

I got one related to that. How about when your man complains that he has nothing to do while waiting for you, you hand him a camera and say "Here! Shot me doing this jump/spin/footwork/etc..." Needless to say, he now asks the morning before I go to my Monday night session (which I'm not going to tonight since I already had a lesson this afternoon and want to save it for tomorrow morning's lesson with secondary coach... :cry: ) if I want him to film me doing something tonight??? :twisted: :lol: :P

I'm gulity of Sonic's #1, and #5-7! :lol:

I'll also add "You might be b***** when you're PMS'ing, but you're 10 times WORSE if you don't skate for more than a week!" :twisted: :lol:

Andie
10-23-2006, 11:13 PM
AWWWW!!! :D

I'll also add "You might be b***** when you're PMS'ing, but you're 10 times WORSE if you don't skate for more than a week!" :twisted: :lol:

That's very true for me.... I've been really irritable lately, because during the past few months I've been very limited in how much I can skate. I've missed more skating than I ever had before (mainly because of my dad being in bad health, long story). What's worse is that some of my relatives don't seem to care much... even though THEY would make a big deal when they have to miss something they like doing.

Sorry for the ranting. :oops:

Mrs Redboots
10-24-2006, 07:28 AM
I think it was Icecatepairs who said that you can always tell a skater because they have coffee stains down their fronts caused by drinking coffee in the car on the way to the rink at some unearthly hour of the morning!

Rusty Blades
10-24-2006, 10:24 AM
... when you need a Palm Pilot to keep track of what time you are supposed to be at what rink because every day of the week is different and it changes every few months.

... when the only person who knows where you are at any given time is you coach.

... when you spend more time on the ice than with your family and friends.

... when you have "lost touch" with just about everyone who doesn't skate.

... when you schedule you vacation to suit available ice time.

... when your boss knows that if you are not in the office you are either skating or in physiotherapy

... when you coworkers no longer ask you what you did on the weekend because they already know.

(And I have only been at this 9 months!)

Mel On Ice
10-24-2006, 10:26 AM
when I can't sleep, I do mental runthroughs of my skating programs, or try to come up with chorepgraphy for new program ideas. I'm asleep by the spiral sequence.

Staff meetings are punctuated by co-workers asking how I skated over the weekend.

Skate viewing parties among your friends is common. (Don't forget about Skate America this weekend.)

Most of your adult friends are skaters.

You plan months in advance what you're going to "throw" at Adult Nationals.

You see someone with the license plate RBO and translate it into "right back outside".

You have a medal hanging in your office or a picture of you skating in your office.

airyfairy76
10-24-2006, 10:38 AM
I am a newbie with only 2 months under my belt, but already have a few things to add!

When you are held up in traffic on your way to the rink, and start getting narky cos it will take a whole FIVE MINUTES of precious skating time away
When you are not skating, you are thinking / dreaming / reading / talking / blogging about skating
When your work colleagues don't bat an eyelid at you contorting yourself into weird positions whilst / or balancing on one leg
When you get into work, and the first question everyone asks you is "How was skating last night / over the weekend?"
When anyone can't get hold of you, they know you are skating. For sure.
When you worry about going out to the pub, cos you don't want a hangover the next day - yes that's right - when you are skating!

Oh dear. It really is an obsession. :oops:

Isk8NYC
10-24-2006, 10:56 AM
You know you're a figure skating addict when...

∙ You keep copies of your rulebooks in the office.
∙ You always have gloves in your pockets. (Plus stickers and markers, in my case.)
∙ Socks + smooth floor = spin practice.
∙ You navigate by ice rink location. ("That's near the Woodbridge rink, I know where it is.")

kateskate
10-24-2006, 11:08 AM
If your coach isn't in, the 'once a week' skaters ask you where he/she is as they know you are there all the time and probably know their whereabouts - and even more worrying is that you do know their whereabouts! (One parent even asked me for my phone number in case she couldn't get hold of the coach sometime as she knew I would probably know what was going on!)

You think it is in no way odd to spend your precious and limited annual leave on skating courses with kids from 9yrs - 16yrs old rather than go on holiday with friends

All your other annual leave is used up by test and competition days

On the rare occasion that you are not skating on a Saturday or Sunday morning, and you get to sleep in late, your family don't realise you are actually in the house

Your top 25 most recently played tunes on your ipod are either ISU compulsory dance music, your current free skating and free dance programmes or potential pieces to skate to

Non skating friends actually have to ban you from talking about skating

You have gloves and tissues on you at all times

You have compulsory dance patterns on your notice board at work (and noone thinks its weird!)

EVERY waking moment is spent thinking about skating (and every sleeping moment)

(And I'm glad to know everyone else choreographs to any music they hear!)

phoenix
10-24-2006, 11:10 AM
When every time you go shopping for "some nice new work clothes", the only things you come away with are things you can skate in. Eh, you can just wear jeans to work again this week. :oops:

Mrs Redboots
10-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Wasn't it Tashakat who once said that you knew you were an addict when you went to work still in your skating kit - and you knew it was time to get help when people didn't raise their eyebrows....

doubletoe
10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
I got one related to that. How about when your man complains that he has nothing to do while waiting for you, you hand him a camera and say "Here! Shot me doing this jump/spin/footwork/etc..."

Yep! I resemble that remark, LOL!

I am also guilty of scheduling vacation time so that I don't miss out on valuable practice time, so the only time I feel comfortable scheduling a week of vacation is in April or May, after AN is over. But since I will have just taken a week off for AN (and usually 2 days off for Sectionals as well), that's about the worst time to ask for another week off from work! And I never want to leave town over a weekend because I'll miss my 3-hour marathon practice on Sunday. My poor husband. . . :roll:

airyfairy76
10-24-2006, 01:28 PM
. . . this one was from today . . .

When your workplace is participating in the Wear It Pink (http://www.wearitpink.co.uk/) day for Breast Cancer Awareness and you joke about wearing your skates around work "because they've got baby pink skate guards"

. . . .at the same time thinking "A whole day wearing them at work! That'll break in the little b*$@&*s . . ."

sk8_4fun
10-24-2006, 02:24 PM
ha ha, tha standing on one foot thing is so true! I find myself doing it in the playground at my sons school!!!!

oh, and when you find yourself walking to said school, and have to fight the urge to 3-jump along the pavement.

oh, and when you can't sit still through stricly come dancing!!

looplover
10-24-2006, 05:29 PM
5. You try to infect others with your AOSS disease, and wonder why they don't like you...

9. It made you feel worse when you accidentally left your skates in your car overnight once than it would have if you left a baby.

11. When standing around talking to people or in line at the store, you constantly balance on one foot or the other.

12. You finally admit you should have listened to everything your mother used to tell you about posture.

HA! Oh yes...

...when you waltz jump up curbs

...when you accidentally trip on a city street and crash onto the pavement wearing a suit and heels and in front of 100 people, but it doesn't phase you at all because you do that all the time at the rink anyway (minus suit and heels)

...When you stop going out to lunch because two lunches out = one freestyle walk on fee

...when the only thing that will get you to lose that new 10 lbs is the fact that you'll look like a sausage in the skating dress you bought prior to gaining the 10 lbs

...when you will only move to cities with ice rinks and only those with good ice time

...two margaritas = one freestyle walk on fee

...you rush to the bathroom at work because you think you just figured out the correct positioning for a flip and you have to check it out in the mirror

...you've done salchows at bars.

Award
10-24-2006, 06:07 PM
When skating rinks are a requirement for all holiday destinations.

beachbabe
10-24-2006, 07:07 PM
When skating rinks are a requirement for all holiday destinations.
toooooo true :lol:

SkatingOnClouds
10-24-2006, 09:32 PM
When you find yourself carping about how bad the ice was last night to co-workers, and realise their eyes have glazed over

When your wardrobe is full of black lycra/cotton lycra (our ice stains white clothes, black is the go)

When you find yourself practising arm movements and poses as you walk to the toilets at work.

When you are standing outside on the deck for all the passers by to see (having a smoke - haven't got as far as giving up yet) and realise you are leaning on the railing stretching in spiral position/ standing on one leg/ practising arm movements and poses again.

When the favourites(bookmark) folder on the computer titled Skating has more sub-folders and entries than anything else

When you mark the passing of a week by how many days before you skate again.

Chico
10-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Love these. I can relate to the PMS thing and not skating. It really is worse when you don't skate.

Chico

sk8_4fun
10-25-2006, 02:48 AM
When the favourites(bookmark) folder on the computer titled Skating has more sub-folders and entries than anything else

When you mark the passing of a week by how many days before you skate again.

lol that's me, how did you know!!!

Mrs Redboots
10-25-2006, 06:41 AM
When you find yourself working out Mohawk positions in places like the bus stop, or the line for Communion at Church :oops:

When your photo albums have more skating photos in than any other sort

When you plan your year around which competitions you are going to enter!

KiZa_32
10-25-2006, 07:03 AM
i must say that alot of these i do nearly everyday ;)

i do have some not sure if they're the greatest though:??

1. when half your wardrobe/closet is taken up buy skating outfits

2. u spend half of your school days/work days day dreaming about programs with elements you can't even do yet

3. every song you hear u think it would be a good one to skate to

4.constently drawing little pictures of the perfect skating outfits and/or you skates

5. your rarely out of the house without your skates on

6.when your friends do as much as they can to keep the convosation away from skating because they know what will happen

7. when half the things in your room have something to do with skating

8.half of the pictures on your computer have to do with figure skating

well hope you enjoy them8-)

Skate@Delaware
10-25-2006, 07:37 AM
When every time you go shopping for "some nice new work clothes", the only things you come away with are things you can skate in. Eh, you can just wear jeans to work again this week. :oops:
I do this all the time!!!! I have more skating clothes than work clothes!

faeriefall
10-25-2006, 10:12 AM
1) When your friends ask if you a. have new boyfriend b. got in fight with parents and then tell you that if you ever need to talk they're there for you and that there are places you can go for help because they think you're a victim of abuse because of your new bruises8O (more than one occasion actually...)

2)While watching tv you often asume spiral position and whoever lives with you knows enough to push it up so you can stretch it more:D

Casey
10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
When going down a couple flights of stairs, you look around to make sure nobody's watching, then turn your shoulders to one side, extend your arms, smile at the "judges", and fly down the stairs two by two. And for good measure, you reverse direction for the second flight so as to get your CW practice in too. :P

sue123
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
When nobody understands how it is possible to be covered in bruises. As soon as one starts healing, you make sure to get one somewhere else.

I've also gone to class last year in my skating attire, took my skates out during my first class to let them dry, nad nobody blinked an eye.

What about taking an extra thick sweater to work/school to sit on after a morning skate?

Hannah
10-25-2006, 09:32 PM
... when you write love poems to your Advil bottle.

tidesong
10-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Your 1 year old neice picks up attempting to stand on one leg and leaning her head back just from watching you do crazy figure skating things at home.

DallasSkater
10-26-2006, 06:28 AM
When you realized that your closet at a glance is taking on a progressive "fleecy" look

When you become conscience after a strange look on an observer that you are putting on your sneakers...kicking back to the heel..and tighten the laces so tight at the toes, looser at the instep and super tight at the finish...later you must loosen the laces!

LilJen
10-26-2006, 10:32 AM
-When you troll e-bay for skating attire & accessories on auction.

-When various famous skaters keep entering your dreams, and not in erotic ways at all but totally skating related.

Sonic
10-26-2006, 02:59 PM
When going down a couple flights of stairs, you look around to make sure nobody's watching, then turn your shoulders to one side, extend your arms, smile at the "judges", and fly down the stairs two by two. And for good measure, you reverse direction for the second flight so as to get your CW practice in too. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S xx

doubletoe
10-26-2006, 03:17 PM
. . . when you walk through the parking lot at every skating competition to see if all the other skating-related personalized licensed plates are as clever as yours :roll:

Sonic
10-26-2006, 03:39 PM
...when you almost trip over yourself to check the mail 'coz your waiting for a skating dress to arrive....

S xxx

kateskate
10-26-2006, 04:18 PM
...when you almost trip over yourself to check the mail 'coz your waiting for a skating dress to arrive....

S xxx

Thats me at the moment....

WannabeS8r
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
... when you consistently hear your mom saying, "Honey, stop spinning on the tile."

... when you see Evgeny Plushenko teaching you a triple axel in a dream.

... when people start staring at those peculiar bruises all over your knees

... when you break the sink by accident while stretching in a Biellmann in front of a mirror.

... when you can't walk without doing a toe loop sequence

... when your assigment pad is covered in doodles of you doing spirals

... when you accidentally spot an image that has to do with skating in a text book and almost yell out "Eureka!" during an exam

Plus, I lack alibis for Sonic's #1 and #5-7!

ouijaouija
10-26-2006, 05:55 PM
I dream about ice sakting a lot, and I guess I spend more time skating than doing my degree. I only went to one hours worth of lessons in the past two weeks. Today I skipped classes to go skating but it was dead busy

BlueIcePlaza
10-26-2006, 06:22 PM
- When, as an out-of doors self employed person - you dream for a really wet day to stop you working, and get drenched on the way to the rink.

- When you cycle in all weathers to avoid traffic, 10 miles and back to the rink, even just to get 30 - 40 mins practise in.

- When Saturday night's shindig, is cancelled, due to spending the time (and losing work hours pay) during the week (on quitet public sessions), to skate instead.

-When you can't stop sliding, turning and trying to spin (with socks or inline skates) on the kitchen floor.

- When (on the occasions you do go out to a Saturday night pub disco), you dance in spins and flicking crossed legs from left to right, and vice versa, and dance backwards - knocking into other dancers!

NCSkater02
10-26-2006, 06:23 PM
when half your wardrobe/closet is taken up buy skating outfits

I just moved, and as I unpacked, I found *15* skating dresses.8O I didn't realize I had so many. And it's more than I have in church dresses.

One of my Docs did a jumpy-spinny kind of thing in the OR yesterday, looked at me, and asked "is that how you do it?" I think he was imitating the waltz-toe that I do on the floor--and his was horrible. I told him so, and we got a good laugh out of it. Guess that means I'm guilty of working through things off ice, huh?

Casey
10-26-2006, 06:45 PM
...when you arrange to come in to your temporary job at 6am and leave at 4:30 so that you can squeeze in a 2.5 hour lunch during which you go and have a 2 hour skate with your dance partner.

Raye
10-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Wasn't it Tashakat who once said that you knew you were an addict when you went to work still in your skating kit - and you knew it was time to get help when people didn't raise their eyebrows....
Too true!!!

No one in my home town raises an eyebrow when I walk through Wal Mart in a skating dress.....:halo:

TreSk8sAZ
10-26-2006, 10:25 PM
- You check the USFSA (or NISA or Skate Canada) website for updates on competitions or event registration more often than you check your e-mail
- When you're sick and can't get out of bed, you think "at least I can get some stretching time in!"
- When you're still sick, you have to talk yourself out of going to your MITF lesson (ha ha, welcome to my week)
- You have your coaches on a speed dial number higher than your boyfriend or parents
- Your friends know not to call skating elements "tricks" or "twirls" and correct your other friends for you!

looplover
10-27-2006, 06:56 AM
2. u spend half of your school days/work days day dreaming about programs with elements you can't even do yet

3. every song you hear u think it would be a good one to skate to

Ha! I swear, I have the entire scene of the dance at the gym in West Side Story choreographed in my mind for an ice show. Someday, someday...of course now I'm too old to play any of the characters so I'd have to be stuck in there somewhere as a school chaperone, but I want to direct that scene! It looks really good in my mind!!!:D

Rusty Blades
10-27-2006, 09:50 AM
... when you bulldoze your yard for a 50x75 foot rink complete with $2,000 worth of lighting and remote controlled sound system!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/calamityjanecanary/rink-day-small.jpg

And then start taking 3:1 odds that it will be the warmest winter on record! :roll:

Skate@Delaware
10-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Too true!!!

No one in my home town raises an eyebrow when I walk through Wal Mart in a skating dress.....:halo:
or they ask you when the show/competition is!!! (we get this a lot after a full dress rehearsal-it's the glitter that gives us away) :lol:

How about: you can't wait to show your co-workers/gym buddies your newest bruise from your latest fall!!!! 8O

Mrs Redboots
10-27-2006, 02:40 PM
How about: you can't wait to show your co-workers/gym buddies your newest bruise from your latest fall!!!! 8OI don't think I can do that - my newest bruise isn't in a show-offable place! It hurts, though - I think poor Husband is getting a bit sick of me saying "Ow!" whenever I get up!

faeriefall
10-27-2006, 02:51 PM
When friends find out that your knees are particulary ticklish(during summer months when rink is closed)
Then (during winter months) they attempt to tickle you only to find that you're gasping in pain

When your friends who skateboard spend lunch gawking at you when you explain that an axel is equivilant to a 540, then said friends come skating with you and decide that it is much harder than it looks after a few stopping lessons

When you walk down the sidewalk you absentmindedly start doing a footwork sequence and your friends who don't skate are like o_O and the ones that do are like "Watch mine!"

BatikatII
10-28-2006, 10:34 AM
When you go to try on some clothes and are so thrilled that the changing room is big enough to practice your spiral positions in and has those multiple mirrors so you can check how it looks from every angle, that you spend so long in there doing that, you think you'd better forget actually trying on the clothes.

When you buy a new car and are bitterly disappointed when the number plate reads RE03 - and you really, really want to ask them to change it for RFO3 or RBO3 so it would be a skating term (one of our coaches has the number plate H2O ICE!)

When everything is valued in terms of lesson tickets - eg from this week "Yes we can take the gondola ride in Venice because we are not skating this week while we are here and so saving the exact cost." Or conversely - no I won't buy that new top I fancy because I could have an hours worth of lessons for that. I actually find it quite a useful tool on occasion to see if I really want something by asking myself - am I prepared to give up X hours of skating lessons to buy that? If the answer is no then I don't buy it - except of course if it can be used for skating!

When your son is doing music at school and turns out to be quite good at composing and you don't say 'well done!' you say - 'Couldnt you compose me some programme music to skate to'? And are miffed that he still hasn't done it - surely he could spare the time from 4 A levels, 3 bands, county youth choir and lead in school play to do that!

When your husband expresses dismay at the state of the house and you patiently explain you couldn't do the housework as you had to go skating and he accepts that as normal.

When you attend a Vivaldi concert in Venice and mention to the family that it was Alexei Yagudin's short programme in the Olympics (winter).

When your study wall is covered from floor to ceiling in skating photos, me , the kids, elite skaters I've met.

When you are doing free machining embroidery and instead of the usual doodles or circles you machine in the tracing patterns from a spin or 3 turn etc!

looplover
10-30-2006, 05:54 AM
I have to add to mine after yesterday--

went horseback riding for the first time in over 30 years - steered the horse into low hanging branches and couldn't steer him to the left enough and thought to myself briefly that my left edge wasn't deep enough....(totally serious)

then my foot got stuck trying to get out of the left stirrup when I dismounted so I promptly fell two feet onto my rear end, and everyone was worried and asked if I were ok, but I fall all the time so I just sat there laughing.

I am a better skater than equestrian.

Mrs Redboots
10-30-2006, 06:00 AM
We were staying on a boat hotel while we were on holiday, and the stairs up to our landing were very narrow and rather steep. I said to Husband one day, "I do find those stairs easier if I do crossovers down them!"

At least he knew what I meant!

Rob Dean
10-30-2006, 06:39 AM
When everything is valued in terms of lesson tickets - I actually find it quite a useful tool on occasion to see if I really want something by asking myself - am I prepared to give up X hours of skating lessons to buy that? If the answer is no then I don't buy it - except of course if it can be used for skating!

Oh! I recognize that one! I've gone so far as to schedule a lesson for the morning I'm leaving for a convention for a different hobby, to remind myself why I'm not spending money on it. I've let my "personal" credit card lapse because a) my coach doesn't take credit cards so I don't need it, and b) it makes it harder to spend money that I really want for skating.

Rob

doubletoe
10-30-2006, 11:33 AM
... when you bulldoze your yard for a 50x75 foot rink complete with $2,000 worth of lighting and remote controlled sound system!

Okay, Dianne, you win! 8O :lol:

Isk8NYC
10-30-2006, 11:42 AM

And then start taking 3:1 odds that it will be the warmest winter on record! :roll:When does it usually get cold enough to freeze the ice? Should we start a "Dianne's Deep Freeze" pool?

NCSkater02
10-30-2006, 06:14 PM
I've gone so far as to schedule a lesson for the morning I'm leaving for a convention for a different hobby, to remind myself why I'm not spending money on it. Rob

I scheduled a lesson the morning before I had major surgery--Had to get jumping out of my system since it wasn't going to be allowed for six weeks after.

Besides, it was a good way to deal with the pre-op anxiety.

badaxel
10-30-2006, 06:36 PM
You know you're addicted when you hear a break- up song on the radio and you find yourself thinking about your missing axel.

Rusty Blades
10-30-2006, 07:35 PM
When does it usually get cold enough to freeze the ice? Should we start a "Dianne's Deep Freeze" pool?

Statistically, the average daily temperature and the daytime high both drop below freezing in November and do not rise above freezing until March so SHORTLY! :mrgreen:

Icentric NZ
10-31-2006, 05:45 PM
-when your driving for ten minutes before you realise your heading towards the rink instead of where you were supposed to be goin
-you break your ankle and have to watch the team practice from the sidelines, but you get so upset you end up running round on the ice copying their twizzles in your shoes
-when you dont wear skirts because your skating muscles make your legs look ugly, and yet you dont seems to mind walking into starbucks in the middle of town in black lycra skating skirts and tights
-when you go to a lecture of over 400 people and you sit on the floor in the splits while you listen because you want a better spiral sequence
-when you make a list of the sad things your life now consists of because your so obsessed with skating, and you don't really care....

Hydroblade
10-31-2006, 06:31 PM
1. When you stop feeling the sensation of cold after skating at morning ice in the winter for a few years.

2. When your teachers at school stop asking why you missed classed cause they know you were at a skating event.

3. When you will not do even slightly dangerous things because you don't want to get hurt for skating.

Well i think we can definetly give this a medical term for this condition.

Chico
10-31-2006, 09:45 PM
I thought of another.

1. When you understand what your coach wants, at least you think you do, and your body absolutely won't do what you want. In fact, mine has been known to do something that has never even crossed my mind.

Chico

Mrs Redboots
11-01-2006, 08:29 AM
-when your driving for ten minutes before you realise your heading towards the rink instead of where you were supposed to be goin
Until recently there was a small supermarket almost next door to the rink, and at least two skaters ended up in the rink when where they'd planned to go was the supermarket..... yeah, right....