View Full Version : At Last! I Have a New Coach!

dbny
10-20-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm just too happy about this to put it in the weekly progress thread. I've been without a coach since a year ago May, when I had to let my coach go due to personal problems with her. I've seen my skating skills steadily decline without the weekly lessons to keep me focussed. Finally, last week, I spoke with a young woman whom I had seen teaching the tots on a public session, and decided to give her a try. As my lesson time approached today, I found myself unexpectedly anxious. There were so many good things about my old coach that I knew I might be disappointed. We started with my new coach asking me what I wanted to work on, and since I have so many issues, we went right to basics; stroking and F & B XO's. She had useful comments on them all, and I felt positive about her immediately, but the real up came when we moved on to F three turns, with which I have been struggling forever. She had a completely new approach, that I really liked, and that seemed to work well for me. Of course, I have to practice this week, which wil be difficult, as I have out of town company, but I am very hopeful that I will soon be progressing again. I am totally elated, and feel that I have found a gem.

Skate@Delaware
10-20-2006, 06:38 PM
That is absolutely wonderful! I'm so happy for you! I also have a coach that is a gem-she gets me to do stuff I'd never be able to do if I stuck with my old one and she has a way of trying different things to help me "get" it.

jazzpants
10-20-2006, 07:12 PM
SOOOOOOO happy for you, dbny!!! You'll be progressing a LOT faster soon! :mrgreen: (I expect to see good F 3turns by Christmas from 'ya! MUHAHAHAHA!!! :twisted: :lol: :P )

Debbie S
10-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Congratulations, dbny! That's great news! You'll be mastering those evil 3-turns in no time! :P

DallasSkater
10-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Congrats on getting a coach that seems to click! I think that is just so important! You will have progress in no time!

mikawendy
10-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Congrats on finding a new coach! How exciting!

TashaKat
10-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Congratulations :D I am really happy for you :)

Can't wait for the updates :)

x