View Full Version : Any Washington DC skaters around here

Mercedeslove
10-16-2006, 02:49 PM
I need to find a rink that has adult classes in the DC area. Google hasn't turned up anything. I called one rink but it's basic adult nothing past Delta. I'm surrently Freestyle 2. If you can help please let me know. Thanks ahead of time.

jenlyon60
10-16-2006, 03:44 PM
I should think that Cabin John, Mt. Vernon, Reston and Ashburn for sure all have group freestyle lessons that include adults. Probably also Fairfax Ice Arena when it re-opens in the next week or so.

Ashburn Ice House advertises a Freestyle 3 and Freestyle 4 class, no indication as to whether adult or mixed. It could be mixed, depending on how much demand there is, since about that level is when a lot of folks start switching to private or semi-private. There is a Freestyle 2 class for Adults listed, Weds 8pm starting 1 November. www.ashburnice.com for more info

Skatequest Reston does not indicate on their schedule which are adult classes and which are kids or mixed. I know from observing that the Weds afternoon classes are normally all kids. www.skatequest.com for more info. I don't know about Skatequest Prince William.

Cabin John has Freestyle 2 (all levels) and a Freestyle 3 Adults listed.
http://www.mc-mncppc.org/Parks/enterprise/ice/cabin_john/pdfs/2006/FALL%20II%202006%20sched.pdf

Hope this helps.

LoopLoop
10-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Fairfax Ice Arena definitely offers freestyle classes for adults (meaning age 14 and up). The rink's been closed for about two months for renovations/maintenance, but should be open again within the next week, and lessons will be starting up again a week or so later. Check www.fairfaxicearena.com; the lesson schedule is online and can be filtered by age group.

MusicSkateFan
10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Fort Dupont has an Adult learn to skate program that is quite popular. You can find the link to their website from WFSC.net

I love Fort Dupont Ice....it is not open for public skating that often. There is a great Friday Public Skate from 12pm-1:50 that is not crowded for only 4 or 5$

Mercedeslove
10-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks you guys, hopefully I will find something. :-)

jcookie1982
10-17-2006, 07:33 PM
I skate at Bowie Ice Rink. You can e-mail me at jcookie1982@yahoo.com for more info.