View Full Version : Anyone here skate in Everett, WA?

PattyP
10-12-2006, 11:38 AM
I will be there all next week on business and was hoping to find some ice time early morning or evening.

Let me know if anyone is from that area.

Thanks,
Patty

sk8dinosaur
10-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Unfortunately, we have no ice Oct 18 - 23 due to a home show. You might try Lynnwood ice center. (about 10 miles south of Everett)

Casey
10-15-2006, 02:50 AM
I do! It's my favorite rink in Washington, though I don't make it up there as often as I'd like, only about once a week these days.

Lynnwood Ice Center (http://www.lynnwoodicecenter.com/) is the next closest to Everett, as mentioned, and it's a short bicycle ride from my house, but the ice there is somewhat hard and not to my liking. Highland Ice Arena (http://www.highlandice.com) is just a few miles farther south and is my usual hangout these days. There's about 16 miles between the Everett rink and that one, straight down the freeway so only about a 20 minute drive. If you're a USFSA member you might want to treat yourself to the olympic-sized surface at OlympicView Arena (http://olyview.com) - the ice there is equally good to the ice in Everett and the ice is larger (Everett is only NHL-sized). It's expensive ($10-12 per 45-60 minute session), and the people there can be pretty standoffish, but it has freestyle from 6am to 6pm every weekday and the ice quality is probably the best you'll find in the state.

sk8dinosaur - have we met?

PattyP
10-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the info! Sounds like I have quite a few options. I found out that I will be actually staying in Lynnwood. Looks like the Lynnwood rink will be fairly close. I will have to be at the Boeing facility from 7:00am to 4:00pm, so I will probably be looking for ice in the evening. I'll start checking schedules.

Thanks again!

Patty

PattyP
10-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Do you ever skate the Wed night public session at Highland? That might be my best bet, but if it's really crowded, I don't want to bother.

Casey
10-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Do you ever skate the Wed night public session at Highland? That might be my best bet, but if it's really crowded, I don't want to bother.
Nearly every week, yes. It's not uncrowded, but tends to be less crowded that Lynnwood. There's usually enough room to squeeze in jumps and the center stays pretty roomy for spins...at Lynnwood that's tougher. Lynnwood's a better-maintained facility whereas Highland is fairly decrepid, which is probably a big part of why. But...I won't make any promises because there are nights where it's packed and others where it's dead...just depends.

PattyP
10-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Nearly every week, yes. It's not uncrowded, but tends to be less crowded that Lynnwood. There's usually enough room to squeeze in jumps and the center stays pretty roomy for spins...at Lynnwood that's tougher. Lynnwood's a better-maintained facility whereas Highland is fairly decrepid, which is probably a big part of why. But...I won't make any promises because there are nights where it's packed and others where it's dead...just depends.

I will do my best to get there. I'm sharing a car with another person, but I could always take a cab! Maybe I'll see you there?

Thanks!
Patty