View Full Version : Oops?

crayonskater
10-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Um.

I don't know what happened, I went to school, went to yoga, watched a Buffy, and the thread was locked.

So I just wanted to say I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm not treating skating like I'm a varsity athlete: I don't have the money or the time. I probably won't compete any time soon because I don't have any inside three turns or the money to travel to a competition or test. Maybe down the road, but more likely down the road is getting married, having kids, buying a house, so it's just not my top priority.

I just wanted to say that that didn't mean that I didn't care about standards or learning things properly or that I want to dumb down skating so people can give my waltz-8 a shiny gold medal. I'm serious insofar as I can be, and it being just a pastime doesn't mean I'm demanding to be passed to Gold level or anything or that I don't work hard. It's just not the be-all and end-all. I was an athlete once; now I'm an active adult with a kickass hobby.

So, um, no offense?

jazzpants
10-11-2006, 10:52 PM
crayonskater... if you were referring to the now defunct "Older Skaters" thread -- don't worry! No offense taken on your part! It's not b/c of you that the thread got locked!!! Trust me... from what I've gotten there were at least three different fights between different people that had nothing to do with your post. LOL!!!

But admittedly that thread was probably the most drama I've gotten on this board in a while. (I don't read fsuniverse that much either, but I've heard that's where all the "snarks" are at...) :lol:

crayonskater
10-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh, okay! Phew.

icedancer2
10-12-2006, 12:03 PM
But admittedly that thread was probably the most drama I've gotten on this board in a while. (I don't read fsuniverse that much either, but I've heard that's where all the "snarks" are at...) :lol:

But the snarks at fsu aren't the skaters, I think they are some others!!

[Hey, I saw you over there, jp).;)

skaternum
10-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Oh yeah, FSU is much more snarky than here and the admins let it go. Most of the people here couldn't take it. There'd be board suicides ("You people are mean. I'm leaving and never coming back!") all over the place. This board is totally tame by comparison.

Isk8NYC
10-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Once the insults start, the thread is over; it will never regain the tone, momentum,
or valid discussion that was going on before the first insult was posted.
Most of the time, the followup posts are related to the insult, not the original post. :roll:

What's been done successfully in the past is to create a new thread based on a subtopic.
For example, the infamous "LTS Kids on Freestyle" spawned a great discussion about freestyle guidelines.

I think that's a better approach than insulting other web boards. It just antagonizes others and invites retaliation.

Thread Closed