View Full Version : Yay!! new blades finally!!

froggy
10-09-2006, 06:55 PM
I finally got new blades. Thanks everyone for all your advice (re: post about flattening blade). I went to Tim at skate for the gold, he was very nice. Not only was my rocker flattened and "non existent" he mentioned the blade on my skate was 1/4" too short! Its good to know that all my struggling is not all my fault/technique but my blade's fault too! Anyhow, after telling him my level (single jumps) he recommended coronation aces. many many skaters i met including my coach wear a gold seal, but he said that blade is completely unnecessary for my level.

I went skating later with my new blades and they were AWESOME!! I actually FEEL a sweet spot under my toe, and I hear a nice rip on my glides, i feel a much more secure LFO edge and the toe pick is much bigger so it took some getting used to in my spins to not rock forward, but wow my toe jump shocked me with such a spring to it! now i finally "get it" what it means to vault from the toe, my toe on my old blade forever slipped on half flips and lutzes and constantly just tapped on toe loops, now they actually picked INTO the ice, WOW! what a difference. My recommendation...don't hesitate getting to blades i wish i got them earlier but hey better late than never!

doubletoe
10-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Yay!! Isn't that spring off the toe just the best thing?!!

froggy
10-09-2006, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=doubletoe]Yay!! Isn't that spring off the toe just the best thing?!![/QUOTE

that spring really is powerfull! i really had to pause for a minute after first using the toe on my blade i was shocked how much give it gave to my jump! cant wait to skate tomorrow!!

Laura H
10-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Oh, that's so good to hear . . . I have an order in for new skates myself (with MK Pro blades) and SO hoping that will help with some of the things I am currently struggling with (i.e. spins!!) using my entry level Riedells. Have fun with your new blades!

Sonic
10-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Good news Froggy!

It is amazing what a difference decent blades make. Just wait until you try spins on a blade with a rocker....

S xxx