View Full Version : Buckeye 2006 comp photos

Kristin
10-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi all,

I recently acquired a digital camera & had a good opportunity to practice taking action shots this past weekend at the Buckeye Adult comp in Cinncinati. I thought I would share them with you. This is only the first wave (I have more that I have to upload), but it is the majority. I deleted any blurry ones.

If anyone did not make it into the photos, PLEASE do not be upset with me. I can't be everywhere & I just wanted to try to capture the general spirit of this wonderfully fun Adult comp. I took the time to upload over 140 digital pics onto Photobucket.com for your enjoyment. You may have to cut/paste the following link into your browser in order to check out the photos:

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/industrial_girl_2000/Buckeye%20comp%202006/?sc=1&addtype=local

Thanks again to everyone for a very fun social weekend! :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Kristin

Mel On Ice
10-09-2006, 03:52 PM
my favorite, thanks Kristin!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/industrial_girl_2000/Buckeye%20comp%202006/MelRobin.jpg

techskater
10-09-2006, 03:53 PM
I like that one too!

Kristin
10-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Glad you guys liked that one! I couldn't resist taking that one. LOVE that dress, Mel! Glad you brought it back!!!! :mrgreen:

Mel On Ice
10-09-2006, 04:06 PM
except for my bra problem. I've got to go flesh colored. That's a big whoopsie.

jazzpants
10-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Awwww!!! :D

flying~camel
10-09-2006, 06:09 PM
I had such an awesome time @ Buckeye!

Not only did I skate 2 clean programs and bring home 2 silver medals, but the comraderie was just amazing!

Only at an adult competition can you yell out sexually-explicit phrases to your friends during their warm-ups and get away with it! ;)

The dinners on Friday & Saturday nights and breakfast Sunday morning were definately some of the best memories I'll have of this great competition! :P

Mel On Ice
10-09-2006, 07:34 PM
it was the first time in a long time I felt like I represented myself well on the ice, and deserved to medal.

FC's interpretive was so beautiful, I was struck dumb. Ordinarily on our freestyle sessions, we are too busy dodging kids to really get a good stretch or really emote on the ice. She ooozed emotion on that one!

pennybeagle
10-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Nice photos, Kristin! Thanks!

Mel, your pairs interp brought the house down. :bow: The judges were still talking about it the next day, telling everyone who missed it how excellent it was. I actually heard these comments in the officials room (don't know who said them, but I heard 'em):
"Would've given 6.0s for that one"
"...haven't been that entertained watching skating since Scott Hamilton retired."

The results should be posted online soon... we just got them from our accountant this evening and they'll be available as soon as our webmaster posts them. They also went to Don Korte's site, so you should be able to see them there as well.

Thanks to everyone who came!!! I'm exhausted, but I had a great time... and I PASSED my Intermediate moves on the test session Sunday!!! (So the moral of the story is to test when you're so tired that adrenaline can't do anything wonky to your brackets, I guess) ;)

Mel On Ice
10-09-2006, 09:45 PM
8O wow, I hope we can live up to that billing at DBNAI

samba
10-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Fabulous photos, talented photographer, talented skaters, beautiful dresses and the men look great too.

I can remember someone saying something about geting very dark tights, well the lady in the white dress has certainly managed to match things up and complimented them with a beautiful dress.

Mel you look gorgeous.

Samba

Kristin
10-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Fabulous photos, talented photographer, talented skaters, beautiful dresses and the men look great too.
Samba

Thanks for the nice comment about the photography. :bow:

I am finding that this is becoming a 2nd favorite hobby for me (1st being skating of course!). It's a challenge to try to get the "best shots", but I am learning! :mrgreen:

Kristin

sk8_4fun
10-10-2006, 09:49 AM
these are excellent, what camera are u using?

Kristin
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
these are excellent, what camera are u using?

Canon Powershot S3is.....it's a point & shoot (not SLR), but I have really enjoyed the wide variety of options that come with this camera. A friend of mine recommended it to me as a great "learning" digital camera and if I ever get into photography as a hard-core hobby, then I can always upgrade to an SLR camera (that's where you can change lenses & buy specialized lenses.....to complicated for me at the moment!). :mrgreen:

Kristin
10-10-2006, 10:26 AM
All,

I put up the rest of the Buckeye photos this morning. Some of these have pics of peoples' interp costumes & our fun dinnertime at a local BBQ restaurant!!!

It is very fun to be an adult skater since you can celebrate after the comps are over! :)

Cheers all!
Kristin

sk8_4fun
10-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Canon Powershot S3is.....it's a point & shoot (not SLR), but I have really enjoyed the wide variety of options that come with this camera. A friend of mine recommended it to me as a great "learning" digital camera and if I ever get into photography as a hard-core hobby, then I can always upgrade to an SLR camera (that's where you can change lenses & buy specialized lenses.....to complicated for me at the moment!). :mrgreen:
Thats a nice camera. I use a canon myself, a pro 1. (I sell cameras for a living and I was just curious!)

Sorry to go off thread everyone!

flo
10-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Looks like a great time! Congrats to all.

sceptique
10-10-2006, 12:27 PM
if I ever get into photography as a hard-core hobby, then I can always upgrade to an SLR camera (that's where you can change lenses & buy specialized lenses.....to complicated for me at the moment!). :mrgreen:

But it's well worth investing your time (and money!)

jazzpants
10-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Well, not on Don Knote's website but on Jeff P's blog.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-7Tc.0ao7fqAfQ5yLRFGjO46MIg--?cq=1&p=7

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-7Tc.0ao7fqAfQ5yLRFGjO46MIg--?cq=1&p=11

Congrats all!!! :mrgreen: