View Full Version : You talked me into it! Ordered new skates . . .

Laura H
10-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I posted last week about upgrading my blades (i.e., entry level rec skates don't work very well for jumps/spins?? really???8O ). Anyway, after much agonizing over whether a 39 y.o. really needs MK Professional blades, I decided, yes, I did!! I elected to go ahead and get new boots as well . . . I am kind of in a skating wasteland . . . figured it would be safest just to order them as a set. Anyway, it's done, they are ordered. Now, of course, I can't wait for them to get here!!

Coincidentally (or maybe not!) DS (8) just got his new skates (outgrew his other ones, so the decision was kinda out of our hands) and he is ECSTATIC with them . . . I asked the company to go ahead and sharpen them for him, and they did a great job, he had a lot more control with his edges. And his spins . . . wow. Much more stable looking. Other than when he trips over the bigger toepicks :frus: he is really happy. I keep telling him he NEEDS the bigger toepicks . . . don't fret . . he'll be loving them later on!! But skating with him Friday night and seeing how much control he had with his new skates/blades . . . I really felt like I was skating on butter knives . . . ugh. SO hoping I will be worthy of the new skates when they get here! :bow: Thanks again for your help (and I went back through and read all the old threads too, wow, there is a lot to learn about blades!). I'll be sure to post back and let you know how it goes. :P

doubletoe
10-01-2006, 09:38 PM
You will not be sorry with your choice, and as long as you get them sharpened by someone who comes highly recommended from higher level skaters, your blades will take you through all your single jumps and still be there for you when you land your axel in a few years. :)