View Full Version : It's that time of year again....

sceptique
09-27-2006, 08:06 AM
List of all seasonal rinks in UK for 2006/07:

http://www.thisistheatre.com/iceskating.html

NickiT
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM
That's great! There are so many. I really must try to get to one this year as so far I've not managed to.

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
09-27-2006, 08:49 AM
That's great! There are so many. I really must try to get to one this year as so far I've not managed to. Although skating out of doors is wonderful, Nicki, it's really only worth going if you can go in the daytime as otherwise they are very crowded and after the first ten minutes, when the Great British Public lets go of the barrier and tries to find its feet, can be pretty dire! Plus they are extremely expensive. Worth it once in awhile, though.

I went to the one in Canary Wharf last winter and had it to myself one December morning, watched only by the office workers out for a cigarette break! We also saw in the New Year at Somerset House, which was fun to do once, but I don't think we'd do it again, and then we joined FRBskate and another friend at the Natural History Museum, but we didn't know about it in advance and our skates were firmly locked in the rink, so we didn't actually skate, but watched them do so and then went out to supper together.

They are fun, but they're not quite as much fun as they ought to be, somehow!

ETA Pity about Marble Arch, but the one in Cardinal Place should be fun. Anybody know who you apply to to work at these rinks - I could just do with a temporary job!