View Full Version : Ice Rinks near to Bradford, Yorkshire, UK?

TashaKat
09-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Am currently working in Bradford in the UK and as the shops are dire I have nothing to do in the evenings.

Does anyone know of a rink near to or in Bradford and if they have figure or dance clubs?

Many thanks

x

mtj4500
09-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Am currently working in Bradford in the UK and as the shops are dire I have nothing to do in the evenings.

Does anyone know of a rink near to or in Bradford and if they have figure or dance clubs?

Many thanks

x

There is definitely a rink in Bradford, near the centre. It is just above the National Museum of Film, Photography and Television - here is the website: <http://www.nicetime.org/Rink.htm>. I seem to remember the rink being very cold and a bit dingy, at least when I went there about two years ago. It is a little strange skating there as the rink is on the first floor of a building that is built on a very steep hill (so that the front of the rink would be on the 2nd/3rd floor). I can't help but think that the builders missed a great opportunity to put a large picture window at the front to overlook Bradford city centre. It would, at least, have made the rink feel much more light and airy!

Mike

TashaKat
09-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Thank you :) I'll check it out x