View Full Version : competitions within a few hours' drive

miraclegro
09-18-2006, 03:50 PM
I am looking for some competitions - USFS - that i can compete in as adult silver in but i am not coming up with any it seems that are in October/November slot. I live in Lynchburg VA am willing to drive probably no more than 5 hours. Anyone know of any? I can't find any on my searches.

Debbie S
09-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Well, there's the Halloween Classic at Ice Works in Aston, PA (thread about it here somewhere) in early Nov which might be within 5 hours - Ice Works is about 2 1/2 hours from Wash DC. There's also Wilmington the week before Thanksgiving which is about 15 minutes south of Ice Works.

In North Carolina, there is the Central Carolina Classic, but that's in March, correct? Oh, and CRC (Capital Regional Council - VA/DC/MD) is in the DC area in early March.

There's also a comp in Richmond called Falling Leaves which is in October but I think the deadline has passed.

Terri C
09-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Falling Leaves is in two weeks for one, and Central Carolina is usually the last week of March/ first week of April timeframe.
Now, one competition Debbie S did forget (and shame on you for forgetting:P ) is the New Years Adult Invitational at Ashburn VA, (near the Dulles airport).
Two weeks after that, Tidewater FSC is having the 2nd Annual Valentine Open in Yorktown VA. This year, they will have Adult events (yay a local comp for me!!)

jenlyon60
09-18-2006, 06:34 PM
State Games is next summer. This year (Jun 2006) they were in Richmond.

There were adult events this year.

Terri C
09-18-2006, 06:38 PM
State Games is next summer. This year (Jun 2006) they were in Richmond.

There were adult events this year.

I think next year they are in Charlottesville.

mikawendy
09-18-2006, 07:01 PM
I think next year they are in Charlottesville.

Oh, cool beans!! I stayed at the Omni in C'ville for a wedding and the nightly rate was fabulous for the quality, and you can't beat having a rink a stone's throw away!!!

Debbie S
09-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Now, one competition Debbie S did forget (and shame on you for forgetting:P ) is the New Years Adult Invitational at Ashburn VA, (near the Dulles airport).Ooops! :oops:

I must have been thinking of regular comps that have adult events - but yes, NYI is a great competition, and it has to be less than 5 hours from Lynchburg. The announcement should be posted sometime in November on the Wash FSC website - and there will likely be a looooong thread about it here. ;)