View Full Version : Freestyle Skating

itfigures
09-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone!
For the past year I have only been attending the public sessions. (With private lessons of corse) This year my rink has sent me a form about signing up for somemore lessons, but they also have a session called freestyle, which is $20 for a hour and a half. Can someone please explain to me what the freestyle session is? :bow:

jp1andOnly
09-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Its freeskate. Basically working on jumps, spins, footwork, elements, etc.

Its for figure skaters only unlike public sessions which are for anyone

Hi everyone!
For the past year I have only been attending the public sessions. (With private lessons of corse) This year my rink has sent me a form about signing up for somemore lessons, but they also have a session called freestlye, which is $20 for a hour and a half. Can someone please explain to me what the freestyle session is? :bow:

Mrs Redboots
09-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone!
For the past year I have only been attending the public sessions. (With private lessons of corse) This year my rink has sent me a form about signing up for somemore lessons, but they also have a session called freestyle, which is $20 for a hour and a half. Can someone please explain to me what the freestyle session is? :bow:Basically, you don't get people on hired skates wobbling about all over the place, so skaters can practice their skills in relative peace.

If I were you, I should have a word with your teacher and see if they recommend that you join this session, or if you stay with the sessions you're used to for another few months.

jenlyon60
09-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Often, also, rinks will limit the number of skaters allowed on each freestyle session, and/or limit the skaters by skating ability (for example, low freestyle, high freestyle).

And the sessions cost more since the number of skaters allowed on is normally smaller (than many public sessions).