View Full Version : WBP question

Hannahclear
09-02-2006, 06:34 AM
For silver, three combos are permittted and one may be a three jump combo.

Do half jumps count in terms of the combo? For example, I'm choreographing my new silver fs program. We're starting with a lutz/loop/toe and later were thinking about adding a waltz/halfloop/salchow. Would that violate the rules?

jp1andOnly
09-02-2006, 09:51 AM
That would turn the jump into a sequence. Sequences are worth less points than combos. You would get points credits for the waltz and the sal only. So no, you wouldn't violate the 3 jump combo rule

Do half jumps count in terms of the combo? For example, I'm choreographing my new silver fs program. We're starting with a lutz/loop/toe and later were thinking about adding a waltz/halfloop/salchow. Would that violate the rules?

techskater
09-02-2006, 10:03 AM
A waltz jump is not on the USFS table of values for jumps. I would check with a judge, though, since Silver is being judged under 6.0 this year. 1/2 loops, split jumps, falling leafs, etc are all unlisted jumps so it would not be a three jump sequence

doubletoe
09-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Yes, in general, the rules state that any listed jump preceded by half jumps or unlisted jumps like waltz jumps, half loops or split jumps would just be considered a single jump from a difficult entry, with the unlisted jumps counting as connecting steps and not counting against your jump total. But I agree that you should double check with a judge at your FS club just to make sure that's how they interpret the rules at Adult Silver in your area.

singerskates
09-03-2006, 12:35 AM

Doing the halfloop in between the waltz jump and salchow will make it into a sequence and lower your CPC (Canadian COP) score taking it from 100% jump value to 80% jump value. Better to do the jumps separate or to do them either Waltz/Loop or Waltz/Toe or Salchow/Loop or Salchow/Toe combos and do the half Loop somewhere else for an acsent to get marked in the Components Marks.

Brigitte

jp1andOnly
09-03-2006, 12:36 AM
well since she isnt competing in canada its null and void. The 1/2 jumps aren't counted in USA.That being said, I'd check with a judge just to be on the safe side.

Doing the halfloop in between the waltz jump and salchow will make it into a sequence and lower your CPC (Canadian COP) score taking it from 100% jump value to 80% jump value. Better to do the jumps separate or to do them either Waltz/Loop or Waltz/Toe or Salchow/Loop or Salchow/Toe combos and do the half Loop somewhere else for an acsent to get marked in the Components Marks.

Brigitte

techskater
09-03-2006, 05:24 AM
Silver is not being judged under IJS this year, so if it is counted a sequence, it doesn't get the "sequence penalty". Under IJS, if you are doing a jump sequence anywhere, your best bet is in the 2nd half of a program with the 10% bonus to eliminate ~ 1/2 the penalty. I still don't understand the sequence penalty or the fact that combination jumps are only worth the combined total of the two jumps, but then again, when you let a speedskater design your scoring system....