View Full Version : Pilates recommendations

newskaker5
09-01-2006, 08:10 PM
I am trying to find an advanced pilates tape that would be good to improve skating and I cant seem to find more than basic tapes online - any suggestions for some really challenging tapes that include the whole body?

miraclegro
09-02-2006, 06:24 PM
I have to research all that soon, myself. But, have you tried your local library - at least to try some? Or call a local studio and get a referral - Also, i know Denise Austin's stuff is good, maybe try her website.

sceptique
09-03-2006, 09:09 AM
If you have a DVD player, "Pilates Complete for Weight Loss" is a really good one and they have 3 levels: beginners, intermediate and advanced on the same disk.

twokidsskatemom
09-03-2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.pilatesonice.com/index.html

newskaker5
09-04-2006, 12:11 PM
awesome - I never knew there was a skater specific pilates dvd. Is this workout pretty intensive though? I have a large amount of core and body strength from gymnastics and my problem with some pilates dvd's is they are way too easy.

I found some other dvds on Amazon and was wondering if anyone has used them/ has an opinion of them?
Stott Pilates- Advanced Mat workout
Hilary Burnett's PILATES ADVANCED

Also for a ballet type workout - how are these dvd's? Anyone use them?
New York City Ballet Workout 2
Broadway Dance Center: Active Isolated Flexibility and Stretching For Dancers

beachbabe
09-04-2006, 01:00 PM
you could also try windsor pilates because on theirn site they have many different levels from the total beginenr to more advanced excersises.

sceptique
09-06-2006, 01:29 AM
New York City Ballet Workout 2

Absolutely love this one. It worked wonders on my abs a year ago.