View Full Version : Order of learning jumps

itfigures
09-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi everyone!
I am skating for a while now and unfortunatly my rink has closed down in the summer so i didn't take lessons. :cry: (can't really afford it) But I have been going to a rink that is like 30mins. away from my house. Anyway, I have tought myself how todo some jumps. (with some help of my old coach) But I get so exited when I profect a jump that I want to try something that is way to hard for my "level" Can someone please tell me the jumps in order from easiest to hardest. Thanks! :halo:

Skate@Delaware
09-01-2006, 07:56 PM
This was discussed in another thread elsewhere on the board...

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=21177&highlight=order+of+jumps

Are you planning on taking lessons now? You should, so you don't teach yourself bad habits (which are harder to break later). It's easier to learn the right way at the get-go even though it is hard.

VegasGirl
09-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Order of jumps also depends which skating organisation you ask... ISI has different standards than USFSA.

Skate@Delaware
09-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Order of jumps also depends which skating organisation you ask... ISI has different standards than USFSA.
and also if you have a "mental block" on a particular jump, causing your coach to skip one by teaching you a harder jump so it would help you get the one preceding it (it sort of worked for me to skip the loop and learn the flip although i still can't single-foot land either of them....yet)....:frus:

itfigures
09-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Thankyou!
This October my rink opens up again so I can't wait to take lessons again!
Thankyou!