View Full Version : Online USFS Rulebook?

TaBalie
08-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Has anyone bought this? It is $15, plus $7 for "shipping" :twisted:

However, if it is easy to search and navigate through it may be worth it--expescially if it is kept updated with all the corrections/changes/etc.

Or is there somewhere for free the latest test requirements at posted, etc?

Isk8NYC
08-31-2006, 03:17 PM
No, I haven't bought it, but it would be nice to have the manuals online and searchable.

Is there a link to the site?

TaBalie
08-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately I can't do a direct link... You have to login to your USFSA account, and then go to "Online Store," then select "Manuals." It doesn't go into any detail at all unfortunately. I am still shocked they charged SHIPPING LOL.

doubletoe
08-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Yeah, really! They could at least go to the effort of thinking up a more legitimate-sounding term like "processing fee" LOL!

Isk8NYC
08-31-2006, 04:37 PM
I signed on and found the item. That website is a maze - I would never have found that myself.

As for your original question, I know it says "online" but they mean you PURCHASE it online, not that you can access the manual online. (As opposed to printing the mail order form (http://www.usfsa.org/content/rulebook.pdf)and sending it with a check.)
Oddly enough, it's the same price as buying it through the mail. I would have expected a discount since you're doing all the data entry.

Since they're out of stock on the binder covers, that probably means they changed the hole punches again so you can't use your current binder. I cheaped out last time and used a binder from something else, just changing the cover.

Interesting that they have a CD version. I wonder if I can search the CD and print just some of the pages myself? I also wonder if you could just upload the beast to a file server or USB Drive and not have to carry the CD at all!

Since I'm an individual member, I'm going to ask if I can have the CD version this year instead of the paper copy.

Thanks for the heads up!

TaBalie
08-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Ahh, you are right, I feel like an idiot.

I wish they *did* have a always current version available online though! :)

renatele
08-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Since they're out of stock on the binder covers, that probably means they changed the hole punches again so you can't use your current binder. I cheaped out last time and used a binder from something else, just changing the cover.

Got my rulebook today, and the holes are in the same place as last year - so the binders sold by office supply stores will fit.

Interesting that they have a CD version. I wonder if I can search the CD and print just some of the pages myself? I also wonder if you could just upload the beast to a file server or USB Drive and not have to carry the CD at all!

I got a cd a couple of years ago, and at that time, it was in pdf format. If it still is,then yes, you can search it if your pdf-reading program supports searches, and you can also print just selective pages.

Since I'm an individual member, I'm going to ask if I can have the CD version this year instead of the paper copy.

Probably too late to ask, as I'm an individual member too, and got my rulebook today.

Skate@Delaware
09-01-2006, 09:04 AM
I got my rulebook yesterday. The holes fit the binder that I bought through the USFSA (several years ago).

At least it is nice that the Adult moves (illustrations) are kept together-no flipping pages!!!

flo
09-01-2006, 09:42 AM
It should be online and available to everyone.

coskater64
09-01-2006, 09:42 AM
It would be nice if the rulebook was online and if member could access the same way they access test scores, history etc. It should be noted that the WBP rules for the Adults are wrong. See below:

Dear Laura:
There was a huge misprint in the New Rulebooks regarding the ADULT SINGLES FS Well-Balanced Program Requirement.

The Rulebook pages 578, 580, and 581 are completely wrong; this impacts the Master’s Novice, Adult Silver, Adult Bronze FS WBP requirements.

Please post a notice on the Adult Section Tab that skaters should refer to the WBP Chart already posted on the Adult Section to view the WBP Requirements for Adults. New inserts will available online in the next few weeks and can be printed and then cut down to size to fit into the rulebook.

Thanks for your help on this,
Tony

Isk8NYC
09-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Probably too late to ask, as I'm an individual member too, and got my rulebook today.Remember last week, when we discussed renewing memberships? There was a reason for my confusion: when I switched my insurance, I didn't renew my membership. I have to double-check my bank account -- I could swear I renewed it online before I went to the conferences, but it may have been my ISI membership.

Realizing this, I renewed right after I posted on Thursday. I'm playing email tag to see if they can send the CD/ROM instead of the paper.

The directory's not on the CD/ROM, correct?

I got my rulebook yesterday. The holes fit the binder that I bought through the USFSA (several years ago).

At least it is nice that the Adult moves (illustrations) are kept together-no flipping pages!!!That's great! Thanks for the info.